• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Jerseys - 2012 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues-and-Exotics

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Joe, you mean you'd be copying the current US Domestic Elite squad Team Traveler... They've always had zebra striped kit and are now racing in Europe as well as the states.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Parrulo said:
so contador will apparently be wearing a specialized helmet like the rest of saxo instead of a giro helmet.

did his partnership with giro end?

Yes. Also his saddle sponsorship from last year ended. According to one of the guys from Specialized, they will finally have a lot more freedom this year to tweak Bert's TT saddle position to try to eliminate some of the sliding around he's always done on the TT bike.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
filipo said:
You can begin to see the trouble with the three blue-white-black jerseys in this photo -- particularly with the Spec helmet on two of the guys. Look to the left three; it's like a sea of nondescript blues.

OGRADY-HAAS-ESCPE-514x421.jpg

Lampre have almost identical Spesh helmets to Saxo's. The blue is slightly different, but same white stripes down the middle. Of course the Lampre kits are unique, but take a look sometimes at the shots of a tightly-bunched peloton, where it's easier to see heads than torso - those identical helmets can be confusing.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
The chamois area of the kit is really creepy imo. :eek:

:D I didn't notice that. Looking at pictures from last year's yellow kit, that odd shape is already there. So either you can't see it while on the bike or I don't have the habbit of looking at rider's crotches :)

Carmim's kit is really good. Not sure I'd want to be riding the Volta a Portugal in a black kit, mind you.

Waiting on LA-Antarte. If they know what's good for them, the jersey will not have changed one iota (it's brilliant), but the shorts will go back to the 2010 vintage, i.e. black on both front and back, rather than white on the front in true ridiculous fashion.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
L'arriviste said:
Decent kit. But why such an unforgivable mismatch on the bike colours?

I dunno. The bikes are from Jorbi. It's a Portuguese brand with a few years in the market. They sponsorship for Prio-Tavira is going into the third season I think. Last year, Mestre rode a black/pink bike (I assume because of his eight month old daugther, then) at the Volta a Portugal. Also, I remmember Blanco and Barbosa riding a grey-ish, that was acceptable. Other than that, I have never seen the colours matched to the kit, which is really annoying. That green is just stock colour.

After all this talk about and hate towards the minimalistic nat champion kits I kinda couldn't help but wonder if there is a rule somewhere that the world champ kits must be basic white with rainbow bands. Those can be pretty hard to see, whereas a total rainbow-coloured kit would be rather easy to spot! :D

RedheadDane said:
After all this talk about and hate towards the minimalistic nat champion kits I kinda couldn't help but wonder if there is a rule somewhere that the world champ kits must be basic white with rainbow bands. Those can be pretty hard to see, whereas a total rainbow-coloured kit would be rather easy to spot! :D

Yes, there is. The regulations on the World Champion's jersey are very strict.

Other national organisations vary in their attitudes to it. The Italians have made people change the jersey, for example.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Yes, there is. The regulations on the World Champion's jersey are very strict.

Other national organisations vary in their attitudes to it. The Italians have made people change the jersey, for example.

Speaking of italian champions jerseys. Was watching Parix-Roubaix 2010 the other night and I must say that Pozzato's jersey was indeed very cool and stylish. Why did he change that one? Or was it the italians who forced katusha to make a new one?

Louison

BANNED
Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Efapel needs to ride on Cipollini bikes!

Can someone find in the UCI rules where it states that at least 75% of pro teams must have black and some shade of blue in their team kit.

Herr Katt said:
Speaking of italian champions jerseys. Was watching Parix-Roubaix 2010 the other night and I must say that Pozzato's jersey was indeed very cool and stylish. Why did he change that one? Or was it the italians who forced katusha to make a new one?

that black kit was only used once to celebrate franco ballerini who died earlier that year.

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
RedheadDane said:

There are rules:

euanli said:
312813_285939214750468_138890989455292_1206145_1311987011_n.jpg

Well here is the man in the jersey. Lets hope that he won't actually wear it in a race otherwise he or HTC are going to get a hefty Swiss Franc fine.

1. HTC Highroad logo is too large
2. Wrong UCI logo on the chest and in the wrong place
3. Only one jersey manufacturer on the jersey allowed
4. No sponsor logos allowed on the side
5. No sponsor logos allowed below the bands
6. Collar must have rainbow bands and UCI logo.
7. No logos allowed on the arms (sponsor logo allowed on shoulders)
8. Shoulder logos appear to be too large too

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
that was a charity event, in competition he only used it once. he prolly used it for that cyclo cross event because he likes the kit and wanted to use him more then once, and tbh i can't blame him because the kit is great.

It's definitely a cool kit. I got one after I saw him use it in the charity event (btw the charity event was before Ballerini passed).