• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Jerseys - 2023 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
evenepoel2023-2.jpg.webp

Yeah that's classic Deceuninck, their shirts are full of brands because cycling is all about sponsorship money unfortunately.
Plus the Wolfpack bit because they're trying to force that into being an official part of the team's branding (along the franchise identity lines, similar to how Vaughters used to be with the argyle, although that was just a design trait rather than an actual logo) rather than an informal nickname, kinda like if Villarreal started putting an actual yellow submarine on all their kits.

Yeah that's classic Deceuninck, their shirts are full of brands because cycling is all about sponsorship money unfortunately.
Deceuninck? Anyway, they work with Belgian headsponsors, so most of those brands do not have the same reach as bigger companies from bigger countries. That means more small sponsors to compensate.

I think that might be the weakest rainbow jersey I've seen. Its elegance comes from its simplicity whereas this is the opposite - cluttered with so many sponsor logos jammed together.
Strange how nobody took offense when Alaphilippe's jersey looked basically the same, with some brands swapped.

Last edited:
Strange how nobody took offense when Alaphilippe's jersey looked basically the same, with some brands swapped.
Alaphilippe 2020 and 2021 are way better - less logos, smaller logo sizes. 2022 was already a bit of a downgrade tbf but at least the logos weere (almost) completely in black when now you have the ugly red Soudal bar, a massive Soudal logo on the shorts, an additional logo below the rainbow stripes, and more logos overall. Not everything stems from people hating on Evenepoel ;)

2020:
eDdPxgZGQjLuWN8WoetD8J.jpg

2021:
3225143-66020128-2560-1440.jpg

2022:
EDKJVR2L3VGMNHN4UG4TS2TSHY.jpg

Last edited:
Alaphilippe 2020 and 2021 are way better - less logos, smaller logo sizes. 2022 was already a bit of a downgrade tbf but at least the logos weere (almost) completely in black when now you have the ugly red Soudal bar, a massive Soudal logo on the shorts, an additional logo below the rainbow stripes, and more logos overall. Not everything stems from people hating on Evenepoel ;)
From what i can tell, it's the same layout as JA's 2021 jersey, just different logo's. The guy designing it can't help Soudal has a red stripe. Same amount of logos on the shoulder/sleeve as well.

And even if it were worse now, it would be marginal, so my point stands. Can't remember people getting upset with his jersey.

Maybe instead of comparing Evenepoel's jersey next year with any of Alaphilippe's jerseys, we should compare Evenepoel's jersey next year with Evenepoel's jersey this year, the one race he rode as World Champion before ending his season:

2022_evenepoel_rainbow.jpg

Basically the same as the one Alaphilippe wore this year.

Remco-Evenepoel-2-1.jpg

Compared to the other beauties QS has given us, it is a downgrade.

But of course, Logic does have a point in mentioning that the person designing the jersey for next year was hindered by the Soudal logo, and more specifically by the fact that Soudal seemingly wasn't willing to compromise and have the logo slightly changed.
Notice how the Lidl logo on Alaphilippe's shoulders in both 2020 and last year was both in B&W and much smaller? Whereas it on the regular QS jerseys - as shown by the other QS rider lurking behind him in the photo from last year - is very big and yellow.

And that leads me to the subject of Brand Recognition. Some brands are recognisable by a logo/symbol, for those the colours could be changed, and the brand would still be recognised. Other brands are recognisable by a specific colour, for those changing the colour obviously wouldn't work.

The problem here is Soudal. Especially the big red line in their logo. Seems that Soudal thinks they're more important than the team or the rainbow jersey. Quickstep is having their logo on a normal way on the jersey.

If the belgian champion jersey has the Soudal logo with the white background over the yellow band of the flag, they are indeed pretty strict with the use of their logo.

It's funny that I only realized when they went to Quick Step that they are a belgian company, during their period with Lotto I was always thought they were from Poland, maybe because of their logo looking like the polish flag, maybe because there was always one token polish rider during their presence in the team.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS