• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Jerseys - 2023 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
team-jayco-alula-devoile-son-maillot-pour-la-saison-2023.jpg

When your company logo is so "great" that you can't even remove a freaking white background to integrate it with the flag of the country where your company was created.

Im not sure it would look any better if they did, I just assume Soudal have registered solely that design of logo, and dont have or dont want an alternate because its so indelibly part of their corporate branding now and its upto the teams kit designers to come up with better ways of incorporating it.

Im not sure it would look any better if they did, I just assume Soudal have registered solely that design of logo, and dont have or dont want an alternate because its so indelibly part of their corporate branding now and its upto the teams kit designers to come up with better ways of incorporating it.

It would definitely look better. Soudal is known in Belgium as a sponsors that refuses to let go of that white background tho. Every jersey of every team they sponsor in sports is basically ruined. They only way to make it look good is to have a white part on your jersey, like Lotto has done in the past (it was pretty easy for them to fit them in cause of the mutual red color) or like Senechals French NC jersey.

That Belgian NC jersey is horrible tho.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It might not be the best, but I believe that when it comes to national jerseys, the word horrible should be exclusively used for UAE.

I suppose part of it is expectations. Let's say Wellens becomes Belgian Champion this year, and UAE gives him a jersey similar to the one Merlier is wearing in the picture above. We'd probably be praising them for finally getting a NC jersey right, because we're used to seeing terrible NC jerseys from them. Whereas we're used to seeing great NC jerseys from Quickstep.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Why can't they make decent NC and CM jerseys anymore?

The designs of the QS ones are quite good, but they are ruined by the sponsor logos, A lot of other teams only have small versions of the flags on it, which I think is catastrophic. If you're the champion, you gotta have a jersey that's worthy of a champion!
Laughing in Marc De Maar national champion of Curaçao.

da9vRjrAXdbnCtGYkRkeyn.jpg

TRENDING THREADS