• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

O Gran Camiño 2024, Spain, February 22-25

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Previous tributes were his to his girlfriend, today It was to his wife as the ring symbolized, so he clearly put a ring on it, also seems like he took her last surname "Hansen"
His wife Trine Hansen & his child Frida is everything to him and he often flip to tears when talking about them, - she was previously his boss (at one of the smaller semi-amateur teams) she is also quite a bit older than him, like more than a decade older but after extensive begging for a date, she agreed to go on a date with him.

No doubt that Jonas Vingegaard is a very introverted & shy type, and doesn't seem to crave the spotlight like other sport-athletes.( I kind of like that,, flamboyant attitudes are not my cup of tea)

I am not sure if he had a hard time in his own family (parents) as he is quite silent about them,- but working at the fish factory in Glyngore.. they likely didn't have a lot of money, and tripping around to cycling events ain't cheap.
They are a cute couple

jona.jpg
the stuff of fantasies

not my fantasies, but someone's I guess.

I was about to make a dark joke including a shotgun but I better not.
Weird connection to that event for me: his home was just off of my (and many Seattle cyclists’) favored training ride route, which I probably rode twice a week. For weeks after he killed himself there would be young folks wandering around alongside the road in that area, sometimes flagged me down asking if I knew which house was his. Was strange.

I’m not like them, but I can pretend …
The day is done and I’m havin’ fun
I think I’m dumb
Maybe just happy.”
"I'm so excited
I can't wait to meet you there
But I don't care
I'm so horny
But that's okay
My will is good

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

I like it, I'm not gonna crack
I miss you, I'm not gonna crack
I love you, I'm not gonna crack
I killed you, I'm not gonna crack"

Vingegaard to roglic before the Tour.

• Haha
Reactions: TourOfSardinia
Previous tributes were his to his girlfriend, today It was to his wife as the ring symbolized, so he clearly put a ring on it, also seems like he took her last surname "Hansen"
His wife Trine Hansen & his child Frida is everything to him and he often flip to tears when talking about them, - she was previously his boss (at one of the smaller semi-amateur teams) she is also quite a bit older than him, like more than a decade older but after extensive begging for a date, she agreed to go on a date with him.

No doubt that Jonas Vingegaard is a very introverted & shy type, and doesn't seem to crave the spotlight like other sport-athletes.( I kind of like that,, flamboyant attitudes are not my cup of tea)

I am not sure if he had a hard time in his own family (parents) as he is quite silent about them,- but working at the fish factory in Glyngore.. they likely didn't have a lot of money, and tripping around to cycling events ain't cheap.
They are a cute couple

jona.jpg
I found an interesting article on Trine here: https://playersbio.com/jonas-vingegaard-wife/
According to this source, they have been married since 2019.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Genuinely happy to see Bernal back in this sort of shape. Getting beaten just by the double Tour de France winner in a race with a high quality field bodes well for the future.

Cepeda also quite good.
I remember last year his only top 10 on a mountain stage not from a break was in the pouring rain, so I hope it's not the main reason he did well. I got my hopes up last year after Romandie and then he basically just got worse after that.

I hope he mainly just overraced last year as some sort of investment in this year.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Just watched the finale too and good that Bernal has got some better form, but he was riding against Cepeda there at the end so let's not get too carried away yet.
Talking of getting carried away, Little Lenny M showed he's better then Gaudu at then moment so make him team leader! Molenaar gets a mentioned in dispatches for his performance today. Ineos seemed to have suffered from a crash or two with both Hayter and Kwia DNF today.