• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012)

Page 98 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
thirteen said:

The IOC will now immediately start the process concerning the involvement of Lance Armstrong, other riders and particularly their entourages with respect to the Olympic Games and their future involvement with the games," the International Olympic Committee said in a statement

Bad day for Thom Wiesel... It would be kind of sad if they only kicked out a couple of bagmen over at USAC.

Money talks inside the IOC though and Thom's got that.

A good day! About 15 years too late though.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
May 13, 2009
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
I just saw the South Park episode. I wonder how long that's been in the works. There's actually quite a bit of scripting in there. And then of course the artwork.
They made it hugely complicated to try and tie it to the Armstrong saga, but did get a message across. Although I couldn't exactly explain it to you just now :)

I'd love to hear comments of those actually still wearing their yellow wristbands. And I want to get one of those pink ones ;-)

One thing I love about south park is their coverage of current events. Since they usually don't actually start working on an episode until 6 days before it is aired, they can be pretty up to date with what is happening today. I wouldn't doubt though that the whole bracelet idea has been discussed for a while, they just needed a good catalyst. I especially like the allegorical use of Jesus. That was a pretty awesome shot at the fanboys and still believers.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
the Armstrong shills are STILL at it. Get this quote in the comments section

"As a former competitive cyclist and now a USA Cycling Official, I believe there were questionable motives behind this action. Lance was never once found to have a failed drug test. Most of the people who testified are convicted drug users. Can they be trusted? I have decided to quit as a USA Cycling Official and send my money to Livestrong rather than support anything associated with USADA."

from this article:
http://www.ibj.com/the-score-2012-1...nce-armstrong-investigation/PARAMS/post/37591

Anyone who really was involved in Cycling would know that Lance did fail tests and also that most of those comming forward now were not convicted at all, not even been outed yet. So this is pure lies.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
WinterRider said:
What I love about South Park is that they used the whole Lance fiasco to target a much broader segment of human stupidity.

Genius.

Tell me they had a sequence where they started a fund to support their illegal shenanigans after getting caught and people actually gave money. That would be double Genius :D

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
ElChingon said:
Tell me they had a sequence where they started a fund to support their illegal shenanigans after getting caught and people actually gave money. That would be double Genius :D

It can't be explained. You have to watch.

edit: Just noticed that one version of this is showing over 13000 seeders on TPB. I have never seen numbers like that. It's gone global big time.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
dadane said:
It can't be explained. You have to watch. Plenty of torrents available, just downloaded full HD version in 5 minutes.

edit: Just noticed that one version of this is showing over 13000 seeders on TPB. I have never seen numbers like that. It's gone global big time.

Tell me all the media ignore the obvious and then later a batch of lawyers come in to sue the characters! And they all write books that the masses buy!

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
ElChingon said:
Tell me all the media ignore the obvious and then later a batch of lawyers come in to sue the characters! And they all write books that the masses buy!

They do so much more than that, you should watch it. It's such an elegant and direct takedown of the whole Lance empire, and yet it is so much more than just that.

Seriously, find it, and watch it. You will love it!

May 14, 2010
Visit site
The LanceMafia and the Fail Decade

"Lance’s mafia story belongs to its times – the Fail Decade."

"But as with Wall Street, we have to ask: wasn’t anyone in charge aware of this scheme? At the top of the cycling system, you have the UCI – the Union Cycliste Internationale – the governing body of cycling competition worldwide. Their inability to have any meaningful effect on the cycle of doping during the Armstrong mafia years, is an indication of their incompetence or corruption or both. There are signs that they were in on it, and now there are calls for the leaders of the UCI to step down and clean house. (Of course, the UCI can’t be legitimate until they separate themselves from drug testing – right now they both represent the sport and are in charge of policing it.)"

More here:

http://blog.sfgate.com/bicycle/2012/11/02/the-lance-mafia-and-the-fail-decade/

The November edition of South African's RIDE magazine has an article on a ZA gent named Charles Solomon whose testicular cancer was discovered through a doping control. After he podiumed in the 2011 Die Burger Cycle Tour, the South African Institute for Drug-Free Sport notified him he had received an "atypical finding" which showed the presence of human chorionic gonadotrophoin (hCG). hCG typically is indicative of either a cancer or pregnancy, so he visited his proctologist, who confirmed he had a malignant tumour.

Which begs the question, why didn't Lance have a similar atypical result in 1996 prior to his diagnosis? It's my understanding they already were testing for hCG even that long ago. This subject has been touched on on occasion in the many hundreds of pages of Pharmstrong threads in this forum but I don't recollect anyone offering an informed opinion as to whether something Lance was taking or doing as part of his doping program might have been responsible for this "miss."

Might something Lance was taking (or doing) PEDs-wise have contributed to his cancer being so advanced before being diagnosed?

StyrbjornSterki said:
Might something Lance was taking (or doing) PEDs-wise have contributed to his cancer being so advanced before being diagnosed?

There will never be a causal link and that is the fulcrum point the Wonderboy faithful will use to pretend that it's impossible that alleged PED use would lead to cancer.

Perhaps his PED use was a contributing factor to his cancer is about as strong a conclusion one could reach.

Otherwise, that similar case generates a million more questions than answers doesn't it?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
WinterRider said:
They do so much more than that, you should watch it. It's such an elegant and direct takedown of the whole Lance empire, and yet it is so much more than just that.

Seriously, find it, and watch it. You will love it!

Agh man, Tell me all of Stan's friends left him out to dry with a slap on the wrist and then Stan had to go to jail! Oh they could do so much with this, not to mention all the towns people starting a forum where they write up everything that's going on to no end and the same companies that are profiting off Stan are advertising on that forum! Where can it end!

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Maxiton said:

Simeoni-redkite.jpg
[/URL]

"Lance’s mafia story belongs to its times – the Fail Decade."
]

I find it funny the sort of pictures they are using to represent Lance these days, all of them make him look like a creepy psycho.

DirtyWorks said:
There will never be a causal link and that is the fulcrum point the Wonderboy faithful will use to pretend that it's impossible that alleged PED use would lead to cancer.

Perhaps his PED use was a contributing factor to his cancer is about as strong a conclusion one could reach.

Otherwise, that similar case generates a million more questions than answers doesn't it?
I wasn't referring to causing the cancer or accelerating its growth as much as muddying the test results so the hCG wasn't detectable.

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
StyrbjornSterki said:

My own opinion is that he was taking too much HGH and/or steroids-maybe he thought taking more would give him better results. Only my opinion.

TRENDING THREADS