• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

Page 115 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 29, 2010
502
0
0
Visit site
Reading through Emma's affidavit, I noticed that for the 99 positive test that the head medical officer on the Tour arranged a test with Livingstone purely for the purpose of warning Johan about the positive result.

Coverups from all quarters it seems.
 
Oct 6, 2009
5,270
2
0
Visit site
Race Radio said:

Race Radio said:
Emma's un-redacted affidavit

http://www.scribd.com/doc/170499850/Un-redacted-Emma

note she directly implicates Weisel in Armstrong's doping. Also Freddy Viaene, current working at BMC

Race Radio said:

Many thanks, RR. Much appreciated :)
 
WinterRider said:
And finally Weisel getting publicly named:

Again, I don’t understand why the Daily News thinks this is new information. It was published last January by Business Week:

While Armstrong was en route to his first Tour de France win in 1999, the team was roiled by a report that the cycling star had tested positive for cortisone, a banned substance. Team masseuse Emma O’Reilly claimed she had witnessed Weisel huddling with Armstrong in the cyclist’s massage room, “frantic about what to do about the positive test.” O’Reilly later told anti-doping officials that the team obtained a backdated prescription for a steroid cream to explain Armstrong’s positive test.

From the response to Weisel:

The United States otherwise takes no position on Weisel’s motion to dismiss.

It doesn’t sound as though the U.S. is pursuing Weisel very seriously. Are they expecting LA to pay everything?
 
Aug 7, 2010
1,247
0
0
Visit site
Merckx index said:
Again, I don’t understand why the Daily News thinks this is new information. It was published last January by Business Week:



From the response to Weisel:



It doesn’t sound as though the U.S. is pursuing Weisel very seriously. Are they expecting LA to pay everything?

Setting up Armstrong to throw the weasel under the autobus
 
Jan 29, 2010
502
0
0
Visit site
Merckx index said:
Again, I don’t understand why the Daily News thinks this is new information. It was published last January by Business Week:



From the response to Weisel:



It doesn’t sound as though the U.S. is pursuing Weisel very seriously. Are they expecting LA to pay everything?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but prior to today we only had circumstantial evidence that Weisel was in the room, and therefore in the know.

Prior publication of Emma's deposition had Weisel's name redacted. Now there is a public record of his knowledge, and that opens him up to increased public scrutiny.
 
So Armstrong is now offer $13.5M to settle with the government. He will probably end up paying about that much to the two insurance companies. So he will likely be out at least $40M, and that is if the government lets him off easy for double what he is offering.
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
5
0
Visit site
BroDeal said:
So Armstrong is now offer $13.5M to settle with the government. He will probably end up paying about that much to the two insurance companies. So he will likely be out at least $40M, and that is if the government lets him off easy for double what he is offering.

It appears Cookson is going to let him off with a T&R and he'll be back competing in triathlons!!!

I cant see the USGovernment accepting $13.5m when it could possible make $120Million.

I doubt Armstrong will lose all his ill gotten gains but he sure will loose a big chunk of it.
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
1
0
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
It appears Cookson is going to let him off with a T&R and he'll be back competing in triathlons!!!

I cant see the USGovernment accepting $13.5m when it could possible make $120Million.

I doubt Armstrong will lose all his ill gotten gains but he sure will loose a big chunk of it.

Cookson has made it clear he cannot let lance off, that is up to WADA.

Lance's offer of $13.5 million was prior to the Feds joining the case. The Feds laughed at it. Prior to the Feds joining he would have been able to settle for $20-30 Million but now it is far higher.
 
May 27, 2012
6,458
0
0
Visit site
Race Radio said:
That is a classic thread by Chewy. Almost as good as when he claimed to know a bunch of the guys House used to ride with.

I don't remember the last one...what I do remember is it being a lot of fun to have a forum that was un-moderated(mostly), with no swear filters...

In other news, I love reading a nicely prepared court filing like the ones filed yesterday...with all of the other suits still pending, this isn't death by 1000 cuts, this is death by several sledge hammers.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
2
0
Visit site
a pity though that usps/us gov. get away with it this easily.
of course they knew lance was doping.
at best, they're guilty of complete ignorance.
at worst, they were complicit in creating the fraud.
i understand that that doesn't mean anything legally, of course.
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Visit site
sniper said:
a pity though that usps/us gov. get away with it this easily.
of course they knew lance was doping.
at best, they're guilty of complete ignorance.
at worst, they were complicit in creating the fraud.
i understand that that doesn't mean anything legally, of course.

Which is it?
 
Apr 20, 2012
6,320
0
0
Visit site
Been re-reading those affadavits, what an angry mob of losers. Yeah, Armstrong is a bone idled w@nker and not a nice person but this is ridiculous. Who forced Emma 'O Reilly to stay on that doping team of 1997? Yeah, she was mistreated by Postal and Armstrong - really not cool - but hey, why didnt she walk away when she knew the gang was shooting up? Was it her anti - doping stance what made her contact David Walsh? No, she was angry. Same for all, or allmost all of the affadavits.

I am glad the Armstrong bubble had its burst but really, that USADA rapport isnt as strong people want it to be. Who forced poor David Zabriskie to dope at CSC? Poor Christian VdV? Floyd? Hamilton?

The only thing I learned from reading those statements is Armstrong is a stone cold buisinessman with associates, Goldman - Sachs style. It is a good thing the US government has given them the key to the treasury for how long now?

Not saying Armstrong did nothing wrong, hell, he even got himself cancer probably, but making him the BIG BAD @SS of cycling is so laughable. Maybe for the US scene he is though.

Just some Euro perspective, and thus good. Worry why guys like Gianni Bugno still have a prominent say in pro - cycling, you know, Conconi project numero uno. Even Indurain has the decency to stay away.
 
May 27, 2012
6,458
0
0
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Been re-reading those affadavits, what an angry mob of losers. Yeah, Armstrong is a bone idled w@nker and not a nice person but this is ridiculous. Who forced Emma 'O Reilly to stay on that doping team of 1997? Yeah, she was mistreated by Postal and Armstrong - really not cool - but hey, why didnt she walk away when she knew the gang was shooting up? Was it her anti - doping stance what made her contact David Walsh? No, she was angry. Same for all, or allmost all of the affadavits.

I am glad the Armstrong bubble had its burst but really, that USADA rapport isnt as strong people want it to be. Who forced poor David Zabriskie to dope at CSC? Poor Christian VdV? Floyd? Hamilton?

The only thing I learned from reading those statements is Armstrong is a stone cold buisinessman with associates, Goldman - Sachs style. It is a good thing the US government has given them the key to the treasury for how long now?

Not saying Armstrong did nothing wrong, hell, he even got himself cancer probably, but making him the BIG BAD @SS of cycling is so laughable. Maybe for the US scene he is though.

Just some Euro perspective, and thus good. Worry why guys like Gianni Bugno still have a prominent say in pro - cycling, you know, Conconi project numero uno. Even Indurain has the decency to stay away.

Well that sure clears everything up...:rolleyes:
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Been re-reading those affadavits, what an angry mob of losers. Yeah, Armstrong is a bone idled w@nker and not a nice person but this is ridiculous. Who forced Emma 'O Reilly to stay on that doping team of 1997? Yeah, she was mistreated by Postal and Armstrong - really not cool - but hey, why didnt she walk away when she knew the gang was shooting up? Was it her anti - doping stance what made her contact David Walsh? No, she was angry. Same for all, or allmost all of the affadavits.

I am glad the Armstrong bubble had its burst but really, that USADA rapport isnt as strong people want it to be. Who forced poor David Zabriskie to dope at CSC? Poor Christian VdV? Floyd? Hamilton?

The only thing I learned from reading those statements is Armstrong is a stone cold buisinessman with associates, Goldman - Sachs style. It is a good thing the US government has given them the key to the treasury for how long now?

Not saying Armstrong did nothing wrong, hell, he even got himself cancer probably, but making him the BIG BAD @SS of cycling is so laughable. Maybe for the US scene he is though.

Just some Euro perspective, and thus good. Worry why guys like Gianni Bugno still have a prominent say in pro - cycling, you know, Conconi project numero uno. Even Indurain has the decency to stay away.
So, what was Emma angry about?
 
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Reading comprehension faillure?

''of course they knew lance was doping.
at best, they're guilty of complete ignorance.
at worst, they were complicit in creating the fraud.''

Pretty obvious.

It must be contagious because I too am struggling to understand how, if "they new Lance was doping" (of course), then at best, or even at worst, they could also be "guilty of complete ignorance".
 
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Reading comprehension faillure?

...

The stone you threw in the pond has apparently resulted in a large wave of confusion.

Given the lead-in, with the ironical failure to correctly spell failure, I am guessing that you are pretty frustrated. Thus, it may help the confused to include [RANT] ... [/RANT] where it might not otherwise be obvious.

Dave.
 
Apr 20, 2012
6,320
0
0
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
If they were "guilty of complete ignorance" how would they know LA was doping? As claimed.
Just read, u can do it.

Dr. Maserati said:
So, what was Emma angry about?
At herself. Getting herself involved in drug trafficking. The argument used that she wanted to clean up cycling around 2003 because things were getting out of hand are ridiculous, were her eyes closed during the hardcore 1996 till 2000 epo years? No deaths in those days? Or before? Or the carreers of others who were shortened to what soigneurs/doctors/ds's enabled?

Look, she did good, all the brave souls who testified did good, but when you analyse all the statements it is just filled with anger and hypocracy. Read Tom Danielson's first lines: ''I was coached by Rick Crawford''; tadaa. Rick Crawford with his revolutionairy training techniques? Yep, and yet he only found out on Fassa Bortolo and of course the Euro Scene cycling was full of doping? Please. Get him on perjory.

Read every statement carefully and you will see anger an hypocracy. It is a perfect character scetch for the person Lance Armstrong, as I said before, he would do well on Goldman Sachs. And that is not a compliment. Guilty for being an a-hole.

All I'm saying.

Wont be making friends with that, but hey.