• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

Page 588 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

ChewbaccaDefense said:
Alpe73 said:
Eight to 12 hrs of lag time .... that’a about right. The amount of time for the haters to deal with their disgust, put on a brave face ... and try to put a winning spin on their utter disappointment.

Like someone who’s lost an election .... really bad feeling in the gut, urged on by supporters looking for a bit of solace in numbers.

Recount! Drowning man waving at a ship who doesn’t see him.

Reality is ... the haters lost. Why? Greed. So **** ironic.

Lifetime ban wasn’t enough, disgrace wasn’t enough, casting Armstrong as the devil wasn’t enough. They wanted to see him scorched, destroyed, totally humiliated ... impoverished.

Greed doesn’t pay, “12”. Now suck it up.

Mmmmm, salty!!!

Dunno ... could be that BFF communion wafer you're sharing. ;)

Alpe73 said:
ChewbaccaDefense said:
Alpe73 said:
Eight to 12 hrs of lag time .... that’a about right. The amount of time for the haters to deal with their disgust, put on a brave face ... and try to put a winning spin on their utter disappointment.

Like someone who’s lost an election .... really bad feeling in the gut, urged on by supporters looking for a bit of solace in numbers.

Lifetime ban wasn’t enough, disgrace wasn’t enough, casting Armstrong as the devil wasn’t enough. They wanted to see him scorched, destroyed, totally humiliated ... impoverished.

Mmmmm, salty!!!

Nope, it's your tears.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

ChewbaccaDefense said:
Alpe73 said:
ChewbaccaDefense said:
Alpe73 said:

Mmmmm, salty!!!

Nope, it's your tears.

Boom Shakalaka.

Alpe73 said:
ChewbaccaDefense said:
Alpe73 said:

Mmmmm, salty!!!

BTW, Mancini was my favorite fighter when I was a kid. I watched the Duk Koo Kim fight with my dad...sad story.

ChewbaccaDefense said:
Alpe73 said:
ChewbaccaDefense said:
Alpe73 said:

Mmmmm, salty!!!

BTW, Mancini was my favorite fighter when I was a kid. I watched the Duk Koo Kim fight with my dad...sad story.

Good eye .. or good Google reverse image search. ;) Doesn't matter really ... unless we put you under the radar with some real boxing questions. ;) Then you might be ***, brutha.

Real sad story. Pro sport is full of them. That's why fans should keep their distance with their Sunday school, Betsy moralizing. You know ***!

"Hurry Home Early" ... look that one up ... and on this issue ... take the advice.

Wanna do some more research, brutha? Research what Ali was whisperin in George's ear.

Go for it.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Re: Sky - gaming the system?

macbindle said:
aphronesis said:
I always thought it was about a rough collision with reality and the idea that if he couldn’t be in neither could JB and Armstrong. Some punitive justice that’s morphed some since.

Yeah me too, and I've neither quite grasped the beatification of Landis. A man who took money off people, under false pretences, to pay for a campaign aimed entirely at undermining anti-doping. A man who colluded with a friend to taunt Lemond about his experience of sexual abuse as a child, with the aim of bullying him out of speaking the truth.

All a big bunch of vile sh1tbags, to be honest.

Undermining the charade that is much of professional anti-doping is a just cause.
I agree that the other stuff was poor behavior.

Re:

aphronesis said:
I always thought it was about a rough collision with reality and the idea that if he couldn’t be in neither could JB and Armstrong. Some punitive justice that’s morphed some since.

Elsewhere, claiming the Feds came out ahead shows a typically limited understanding of how governmentality works. And the printing of their own money. Woof.

IMHO, Floyd was in the midst of a mental health crisis. I sincerely empathize with his condition, at that time.

I also empathize with LA's and JB's tight position and decision not to hire Floyd.

Desperate ... (I truly empathize) ... In my opinion, Floyd chose (career) murder-suicide. In my opinion, Media and enablers convinced him he was doing this "for the good of the sport."

So .... it seems ... that Floyd was under incredible psychological duress at the time he brought down Armstrong and doping in cycling. My opinion, is that I doubt very much he did this with a clear head ... with an altruistic desire to clean up cycling. IMHO, probably more of a basic revenge instinct ... peppered with feelings of guilt.

"Revenge Instinct" ... that doesn't smell too bad, says a group of predisposed "hate the winner" types ... who eventually became "TCX." Hence ... Floyd became the hit man they (wouldn't invite to dinner) could use to scorch the person of their loathing.

Sounds complicated ... but rather simple.

Schadenfreude loves company.

Re: Re:

Alpe73 said:
aphronesis said:

Elsewhere, claiming the Feds came out ahead shows a typically limited understanding of how governmentality works. And the printing of their own money. Woof.

IMHO, Floyd was in the midst of a mental health crisis. I sincerely empathize with his condition, at that time.

I also empathize with LA's and JB's tight position and decision not to hire Floyd.

Desperate ... (I truly empathize) ... In my opinion, Floyd chose (career) murder-suicide. In my opinion, Media and enablers convinced him he was doing this "for the good of the sport."

So .... it seems ... that Floyd was under incredible psychological duress at the time he brought down Armstrong and doping in cycling. My opinion, is that I doubt very much he did this with a clear head ... with an altruistic desire to clean up cycling. IMHO, probably more of a basic revenge instinct ... peppered with feelings of guilt.

"Revenge Instinct" ... that doesn't smell too bad, says a group of predisposed "hate the winner" types ... who eventually became "TCX." Hence ... Floyd became the hit man they (wouldn't invite to dinner) could use to scorch the person of their loathing.

Nah, I didn't like CJ (Cancer Jesus), well before Floyd took him out. But I like Sagan...not Froome Dog tho...that brotha' was sketchy from the AM.

Sycophants love company also.

As for Mancini, reverse google, and then my memory came up with that post...don't really need any more bonafides to relate to rug sniffers. Enjoy the view.

ChewbaccaDefense said:
Alpe73 said:
aphronesis said:

Nah, I didn't like CJ (Cancer Jesus), well before Floyd took him out. But I like Sagan...not Froome Dog tho...that brotha' was sketchy from the AM.

Sycophants love company also.

As for Mancini, reverse google, and then my memory came up with that post...don't really need any more bonafides to relate to rug sniffers. Enjoy the view.

Will do, man.

Enjoy those down to earth, heart-to-hearts with your BFFFFS ... She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site

Alpe73 said:

JB was about the only team manager who was willing to talk with Floyd. Riis would not even return emails. JB said he did not doubt Floyd could back to his former level but he could not hire him because of the ASO and UCI. Floyd was set to join Rock Racing, but Rock wanted a Pro Continental and eventually a Pro Tour license; the UCI told Michael Ball his team would not get its license if it hired Floyd. The UCI, Verbruggen, and McQuaid are the reason Floyd was not able to return to European racing.

DamianoMachiavelli said:
The UCI, Verbruggen, and McQuaid are the reason Floyd was not able to return to European racing.
Pretty much the same story as with Michael Rasmussen. Yet we're supposed to applaud him for turning on Armstrong instead of McQuaid.

TBH, I'm not sure how much Landis has been driven by an anti-doping agenda. Most of what he says seems to be about painting everyone as bad as he was, both then and now. Like many a doper before him, he needs to show he's no different from anyone else.

DamianoMachiavelli said:
StyrbjornSterki said:
You have to wonder why the US would settle for such a paltry amount. Could that be a reflection of what they thought of the strength of their case?

USPS email and correspondence gushing about the ROI they were getting from team sponsorship and their star witness was going to tell it like it is, that everyone is doping and USADA/WADA is a scam designed to bamboozle the public. On top of that, the DOJ lawyers are incompetent. Just look at how they bumbled the Stapleton/Knaggs settlement.

The DOJ lawyers I have worked with--probably 7 or 8 or them over the last decades are the farthest you can be from incompetent. However, their boss (Jeff Sessions) is occupied with that guy in the White House, and Trump has been working hard to cut the organization down at the knees.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
From experience, nothing grinds LA's gears more than giving up his money. Losing any amount---however minuscule effect it may have on his bottom line--is gut wrenching.

And for that reason, it was all worth it.

You can turn the lights out now.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Re:

TexPat said:
From experience, nothing grinds LA's gears more than giving up his money. Losing any amount---however minuscule effect it may have on his bottom line--is gut wrenching.

You deserve a big hug for persevering to the end. I'm sorry that you ever got entangled with such a perverse creature.

John Swanson

Beech Mtn said:
macbindle said:
aphronesis said:

Yeah me too, and I've neither quite grasped the beatification of Landis. A man who took money off people, under false pretences, to pay for a campaign aimed entirely at undermining anti-doping. A man who colluded with a friend to taunt Lemond about his experience of sexual abuse as a child, with the aim of bullying him out of speaking the truth.

Undermining the charade that is much of professional anti-doping is a just cause.

I think you've grasped the wrong end of the stick. I'm talking about Landis's positive test and his subsequent 'Fairness for Floyd' campaign....funded by donations. It was aimed at undermining the (legitimate) case against him, so in effect it was aimed at undermining anti-doping efforts. It wasn't an altruistic move, it was the deeply dishonest act of a liar.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Re:

TexPat said:

I was looking forward to hearing from you. I sincerely hope you are well and thriving.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

ScienceIsCoojl said:
TexPat said:

You deserve a big hug for persevering to the end. I'm sorry that you ever got entangled with such a perverse creature.

John Swanson

+1

Alpe73 said:
aphronesis said:

Yeah, I think I posted a variant of this subsequent to the one you quote. LA/JB giving Floyd the shoulder was probably equal parts malice and pragmatism. I don’t buy the anti-doping Floyd though. It was more about the whole “system” as something that only came into view when he rubbed it wrong and got caught in the gears.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

macbindle said:
Beech Mtn said:
macbindle said:
aphronesis said:

I think you've grasped the wrong end of the stick. I'm talking about Landis's positive test and his subsequent 'Fairness for Floyd' campaign....funded by donations. It was aimed at undermining the (legitimate) case against him, so in effect it was aimed at undermining anti-doping efforts. It wasn't an altruistic move, it was the deeply dishonest act of a liar.

Well technically yes. But FL was playing the game by the rules set out. Unfortunately for him those that set the rules weren’t keen on him coming aback to pro cycling.

Most criminal enterprises eventually fail in a top down fashion. Hein and Paddy can elaborate I’m sure.

Re:

TexPat said:

Cheers man! The reality is that most of us were shooting spitballs from the cheap seats. You were on the front row, and took real hits. I think I'm done providing anymore content here. Turn the lights out indeed.

ChewbaccaDefense said:
Scott SoCal said:
Netserk said:
With BD here, we just miss TFF.

If this doesn't get Chewy out of retirement nothing will. Same with Race Radio.

3. I've gotten to know Betsy over the last few years, as well as you can get to know someone from online conversations. She is a principled and passionate person. We do not agree on a lot of topics, but she is honest, and in my estimation is the type of person you can trust. I would think that her detractors here would feel differently if they stood in her shoes, but burn her for being in the hospital room, if that's what you need to do.

Betsy has made friends with anyone who will listen. You are not unique. Some of her recent right wing posts have been rather frightening. Right up there with Mike Pence. It’s kinda funny seeing Walsh, Betsy and LeMond basically turn into the very man they chastised. Landis is the only one who comes out of this with some dignity.

fmk_RoI said:
DamianoMachiavelli said:
The UCI, Verbruggen, and McQuaid are the reason Floyd was not able to return to European racing.
Pretty much the same story as with Michael Rasmussen. Yet we're supposed to applaud him for turning on Armstrong instead of McQuaid.

TBH, I'm not sure how much Landis has been driven by an anti-doping agenda. Most of what he says seems to be about painting everyone as bad as he was, both then and now. Like many a doper before him, he needs to show he's no different from anyone else.

So you missed the part about him being sued by Hein for calling the UCI corrupt. :rolleyes:

thehog said:
ChewbaccaDefense said:
Scott SoCal said:
Netserk said:
With BD here, we just miss TFF.

If this doesn't get Chewy out of retirement nothing will. Same with Race Radio.

3. I've gotten to know Betsy over the last few years, as well as you can get to know someone from online conversations. She is a principled and passionate person. We do not agree on a lot of topics, but she is honest, and in my estimation is the type of person you can trust. I would think that her detractors here would feel differently if they stood in her shoes, but burn her for being in the hospital room, if that's what you need to do.

Betsy has made friends with anyone who will listen. You are not unique. Some of her recent right wing posts have been rather frightening. Right up there with Mike Pence. It’s kinda funny seeing Walsh, Betsy and LeMond basically turn into the very man they chastised. Landis is the only one who comes out of this with some dignity.

This.....
the article slamming USADA for their corruption in boxing testing, Betsy was saying Lance was behind it as a smear job.
Motors and their link to Lance - pushed by the Lemonds and Betsy for 60 minutes.