• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

One for auscyclefan94...

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bye bye Cadel and the Giro.
BMC have confirmed that both Ballan and Santambroggio are suspended with immediate effect, pending investigations into their alledged involvement in 'shady goings on', dating back a couple of years, when they were both with Lampre.

Since Hincapie, Burghardt and Kroon are riding the Californication.........

ACF to jump off the nearest tall building?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
On Friday, BMC president Ochowicz also gave a statement to the Gazzetta dello Sport, saying that the team management continued its internal examination of Ballan's past, and added, "We didn't know who his coach was."
It's 2010. I don't believe him.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Of all the pieces of the puzzle you need to win a GT, the team piece just became weaker. Time to stop thinking about the giro and focus on the Vuelta.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Bye bye Cadel and the Giro.
BMC have confirmed that both Ballan and Santambroggio are suspended with immediate effect, pending investigations into their alledged involvement in 'shady goings on', dating back a couple of years, when they were both with Lampre.

Since Hincapie, Burghardt and Kroon are riding the Californication.........

ACF to jump off the nearest tall building?
Unfortunately you could very well be right. They were the two stronger guys which cadelwas going to have to rely on. bmc with a young squad will lose massive chunks of time in the ttt without those guys.
ak-zaaf said:
It's 2010. I don't believe him.

Who is his coach? Cecchini?

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I can't see the BMC wild cards in jeopardy, as this Lampre investigation doesn't reflect on team BMC, but hangs a question mark above (the past of?) a couple of its riders.

It might mean that there ill be a weaker team riding, but the team will remain invited, and BMC yanked the riders in question from racing straight away to reinforce the clear line between riders and team.

Lampre on the other hand... oh-la-la... How ****ed am I gonna be if Lampre gets pulled and Vacansoleil still doesn't get an invite anywhere?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Francois the Postman said:
I can't see the BMC wild cards in jeopardy, as this Lampre investigation doesn't reflect on team BMC, but hangs a question mark above (the past of?) a couple of its riders.

It might mean that there ill be a weaker team riding, but the team will remain invited, and BMC yanked the riders in question from racing straight away to reinforce the clear line between riders and team.

Lampre on the other hand... oh-la-la... How ****ed am I gonna be if Lampre gets pulled and Vacansoleil still doesn't get an invite anywhere?

vacansoleil did deserve to be in there over lampre with the doped riders. interesting that at lotto dekker had a doping suspension there from a past team and now something similar has happened with ballan and santambrogio.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Who is his coach? Cecchini?

In the Mantova investigation, the Italian Tour of Flanders winner is believed to have ties to Guido Nigrelli, the pharmacist at the centre of the investigation. Nigrelli has admitted this, but consistently denies having provided anyone with performance-enhancing substances, saying all he did was "threshold tests, advice on nutrition and recovery, homeopathic stuff."

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
In the Mantova investigation, the Italian Tour of Flanders winner is believed to have ties to Guido Nigrelli, the pharmacist at the centre of the investigation. Nigrelli has admitted this, but consistently denies having provided anyone with performance-enhancing substances, saying all he did was "threshold tests, advice on nutrition and recovery, homeopathic stuff."

yes but has anyone really heard of this guy before? if not how would of jim Ochowicz known him? how would he be a liar?

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Why wont they let me win Sam?

Cadel_Baggins.jpg

A

Anonymous

Finally, some sense in all this for the moment:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/riders-association-questions-bmc-suspensions

There have been no accusations of wrongdoing made against either Ballan or Santambrogio, and Scaglia fears the rider's precautionary sidelining only further damages the sport's credibility.

"The prosecutor himself said that those under investigation will not necessarily be accused of anything. So suspending the riders now seems an imprudent and unfair act to us.

"If they come out clean, who will pay back the damage to their image and the loss of racing?"

A

Anonymous

karlboss said:
where are these rumours from? I'd have thought specialized would want to keep them.

I'd bet BMC would pay more than Spesh to have Cancellara, given that he's Swiss, and now Spesh have Contador they don't need the Schlecks. Who cares about the Luxemborg market anyway?!

TRENDING THREADS