• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pathological dishonesty

Is anyone else stupid enough to believe him?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I think he probably THINKS he's telling the truth. Right now he believes that if Levi were stronger, he'd help Levi try to win.

But the fact is that when the Tour comes around, he'll NEVER believe anyone is riding stronger then he is... regardless of what everyone else can see.

So I tend to thing the TEAM is being built so that multiple riders could be used to compete for a tour win... that's not what will actually happen.

kurtinsc said:
I think he probably THINKS he's telling the truth. Right now he believes that if Levi were stronger, he'd help Levi try to win.

But the fact is that when the Tour comes around, he'll NEVER believe anyone is riding stronger then he is... regardless of what everyone else can see.

So I tend to thing the TEAM is being built so that multiple riders could be used to compete for a tour win... that's not what will actually happen.

I think he knows that he is lying, but that (1) he boxed himself into this corner with the talk during the 2009 TdF, (2) he knows that Kloden has zero ambition to race for himself (see, e.g., 2009 TdF), (3) Levi is focused on winning the ToC and possibly the Dauphine--which means he won't be on his best form in July, (4) that his best chance to win is if the other GC contenders really perceive that Levi and Kloden are actual threats and (5) he built this team to give him the best shot at beating AC--call it a rematch if you like but he's never been beaten before at the TdF (when he was a real contender) and I think it is eating him alive inside.

In short, he's full of crap and only fooling those who are gullible enough to believe him. Yes, I'm looking at you Levi.

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
To answer the original question I'm sure plenty of people believe him. He might even believe it himself but when next summer comes around...

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
No suprise that Pathological Lying is number four on the list of ways to identify a sociopath

It appears many others apply as well.....In fact I think it would be harder to find on that does not apply.

Glibness/Superficial Charm
Manipulative and Conning
Grandiose Sense of Self
Pathological Lying
Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
Shallow Emotions
Incapacity for Love
Need for Stimulation
Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
Authoritarian
Secretive
Paranoid
Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
Conventional appearance
Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
Incapable of real human attachment to another
Unable to feel remorse or guilt
Narcissism, grandiosity (self-importance not based on achievments)
May state readily that their goal is to rule the world
(Obviously, in order to be a sociopath a person doesn't h

A

Anonymous

unfortunately, the masses & L.A. Times writer will

I imagine everyone in camp does, but I wish someone would test the Kool Aid in the hotel

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Glibness/Superficial Charm
Manipulative and Conning
Grandiose Sense of Self
Pathological Lying
Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
Shallow Emotions
Incapacity for Love
Need for Stimulation
Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
Authoritarian
Secretive
Paranoid
Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
Conventional appearance
Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
Incapable of real human attachment to another
Unable to feel remorse or guilt
Narcissism, grandiosity (self-importance not based on achievments)
May state readily that their goal is to rule the world
(Obviously, in order to be a sociopath a person doesn't h

unfortunately
yo. Come out to California it sounds like a match for Governator Swatz******

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Your list isn't completely accurate. YOu've added a lot of stuff that isn't in the DSM for antisocial personality disorder (which is what is commonly referred to as sociopathy).

It's not far off though. The biggest mistake is the part about "creation of a willing victim". They really don't care if the victim is willing or not... that's the biggest part about being a sociopath... apathy toward the rights and feelings of others. Also "rarely in difficulty with the law" is completely incorrect. Legal difficulties are a HUGE sign of antisocial personality disorder... the complete disregard of the law applying to them almost always leads to legal problems. Paranoia is also incorrect... there's no relation.

Correlations have been found with childred who suffer from pyromania, bedwetting and abuse of animals getting antisocial personality disorder as an adult. Anyone know about Lance as a kid?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
kurtinsc said:
Your list isn't completely accurate. YOu've added a lot of stuff that isn't in the DSM for antisocial personality disorder (which is what is commonly referred to as sociopathy).

It's not far off though. The biggest mistake is the part about "creation of a willing victim". They really don't care if the victim is willing or not... that's the biggest part about being a sociopath... apathy toward the rights and feelings of others. Also "rarely in difficulty with the law" is completely incorrect. Legal difficulties are a HUGE sign of antisocial personality disorder... the complete disregard of the law applying to them almost always leads to legal problems. Paranoia is also incorrect... there's no relation.

Correlations have been found with childred who suffer from pyromania, bedwetting and abuse of animals getting antisocial personality disorder as an adult. Anyone know about Lance as a kid?

The list was a cut and paste, I did not add anything.

He actually writes about in his book about how he was a pyro as a kid.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Yes of course there are people who believe this.

Johann believes. Pat too. Hein is on board. So is the latest baby mama. Michele isn't saying anything but is smiling and giving a thumbs up. Horner won't give a thumbs up, he fears he will fall if he takes a hand off the bar. But he agrees completely. Levi believes, it's in his contract. Andreas is not allowed to have an opinion, but promises to be right in front of Lance's wheel no matter who is the leader. That's just good tactics. Liggett believes so very very much. Bob Roll believes so fervently, he is waving his hands while making up new words to describe the scope and breadth of his belief. Lim was a disbeliever, but now he believes with all his heart. Catlin was asked, but was let go before his opinion could be made public. Nobody asked Alberto, he is not intelligent enough to have an opinion.

I believe. But who cares? He's not on the bike for me.

A

Anonymous

pedaling squares said:
Yes of course there are people who believe this.

Johann believes. Pat too. Hein is on board. So is the latest baby mama. Michele isn't saying anything but is smiling and giving a thumbs up. Horner won't give a thumbs up, he fears he will fall if he takes a hand off the bar. But he agrees completely. Levi believes, it's in his contract. Andreas is not allowed to have an opinion, but promises to be right in front of Lance's wheel no matter who is the leader. That's just good tactics. Liggett believes so very very much. Bob Roll believes so fervently, he is waving his hands while making up new words to describe the scope and breadth of his belief. Lim was a disbeliever, but now he believes with all his heart. Catlin was asked, but was let go before his opinion could be made public. Nobody asked Alberto, he is not intelligent enough to have an opinion.

I believe. But who cares? He's not on the bike for me.

I was right there with you until you insulted Contador's intelligence. LA & JB like to call him stupid, but magazine interviews I've read show he's smart and professional.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
i would say race radios cut and paste is right on the money for sociopaths i have known a few and they always exhibit most of those traits.

Well, if he ever needs another job, Lance is a perfect fit at Fox News.

I don't think Levi or Horner really believe any of Lance's BS. I don't think Kloden does either. But, they believe the paycheck, which is enough.
They're not going to make the same money anywhere else, and Kloden's lucky to have the job after the doping clinic mess.

Will Armstrong have any prior idea what you are looking for or do you have carte blanche with what you do with his samples?

DC: I have carte blanche. We’ve spoken enough to know that he’s not going to put any limitations on this, there’s no reason to. In his current position, where he’s got so much going for him, and so much involvement with the cancer campaign, and appearances with Bill Clinton and so forth, he’d be stupid to walk in with a positive drug test. And I have an understanding that I will just put the information out there for the UCI and everybody to see and I hope to make it work.

thehog said:
Will Armstrong have any prior idea what you are looking for or do you have carte blanche with what you do with his samples?

DC: I have carte blanche. We’ve spoken enough to know that he’s not going to put any limitations on this, there’s no reason to. In his current position, where he’s got so much going for him, and so much involvement with the cancer campaign, and appearances with Bill Clinton and so forth, he’d be stupid to walk in with a positive drug test. And I have an understanding that I will just put the information out there for the UCI and everybody to see and I hope to make it work.

Catlin, an easily forgotten episode for Lance fans.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
Sarcasm. A bit of a recurring theme in that post. I occasionally use it without the requisite smiley face. :rolleyes: Ah, that's better.

http://www.worldcycling.tv/july-26-phil-amp-paul039s-daily-report-0

Now that's it winter up here, I watched a TDF stage to warm me up. Last stage where Phil points to his head and says Alberto and Andy aren't smart enough to put a team together. I lost so much respect for him after that.

Seems like the entire Versus team is part of the cult of Armstrong. You MAY not question his holiness EVER.

TRENDING THREADS