• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Primož Roglič

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

King Boonen said:
Robert5091 said:
Roglic may or may not be doing "Ricco level" "supplements", but whatever, he seems to be the next LRP - great 1 week racer, GT's though, never quite there.

4 GTs and he's gone from 58th to 3rd. LRP pretty much did the opposite. I'd say he's still got potential to win.

Unless Roglic goes to Ineos for some "marginal gains", I think he'll always struggle on long mountain stages (more so if he stays at Jumbo without much quality climbing support).

If TdF continues with short mono climb stages then he'll probably be a multi TdF winner!

Not that it means he is not doping like crazy, but I feel much better about how PR faded on the long climbs in the last week. I was (obviously) concerned that he was going to keep on making inroads on the climbs, just like he did with the vertical portions of the TTs. So I'm pretty glad he presented with a somewhat human effort. In a way this was similar to Yates being crazy strong, if it was a 2.5 week TT, with a final few days of super-crash. Does not mean no dopage, but at least reduces the alien rating.

Serious question: do all Clinic threads imply that something dodge is going on or is it possible to have a Clinic thread that simply allows for a wider discussion about a topic without the restraint of "no talking dope"?
The aim is that any discussion which isn't doping occurs outside of the clinic. Some people prefer to either ignore, compartmentalise or in some way section off doping from the rest of their discussions here. There are posters who don't wish to post/discuss here so holding non-doping discussions in the clinic can eliminate possible contributors. I know this has now almost created a distinct community within a community where more serious discussions that have the chance to touch on doping are held in here to avoid the restraint so yes, it's possible, but because of the fact it is here it's hard to get away from the fact that it's here so doping can be discussed.

There are other things, like the Financial Fair Play and motor use that have ended up in here too. My feeling is that one of those belongs here, the other could probably be easily discussed on the main board.

Reactions: Red Rick
I have a feeling you would have posted that no matter who the winner was
TBF, he looked pretty bad in the ITT at the WC 10 days ago and it looked like he was cooked after the Vuelta. Now he performed like durning the shorter spring stage races, while pretty much being up there with the best all season long, like Valverde at his best. I can understand why one would have a few questions about this performance at this stage of the season after the WC.

TBF, he looked pretty bad in the ITT at the WC 10 days ago and it looked like he was cooked after the Vuelta. Now he performed like durning the shorter spring stage races, while pretty much being up there with the best all season long, like Valverde at his best. I can understand why one would have a few questions about this performance at this stage of the season after the WC.
He didn't race much between the Giro and the Vuelta. Despite winning 3 stage races in the spring, podium the Giro and winning the Vuelta he's still only at 65 race days. That's less than most.

It could be he wasn't completely recovered from La Vuelta for the ITT but can do better now.

I don't think winning one tour will bring the microscope on him. However, if he shows like his "barely breathing" teammate, Sep Kuss in the future, and dominates for another 2, I'm sure L'Equipe or the Sunday Times will begin asking their questions.

Spinning a relatively high cadence while going up hill
was a Lance v. Ulrich thing.
Later on Froome's egg-beater left Alberto in the dust.
Now we have Roglic peddling fast hardly out of the saddle up the steepest climbs

Is there a connection other than yellow-jerseying?
You haven't paid much attention. He went out of the saddle many times. Meanwhile Lopez was the one who did all the final part seated. From his attack till the finish. Not with that high of a cadence though.

It's all fair to speculate, but as nuclear performances go, Roglic's seems to be more in the kiloton range rather than the megaton range in this TDF (2020). For me, Froome 2013 remains the high bar in this century.
This was a tactical strike. Nothing like nuclear or full ret@rd options of the Froomination. Doesn't mean things are not dodgy, but Froome 2011-13 was really something to behold. If WvA won the GC, convincingly, it would be less surprising than Froome's move to world beater (and to egg beater)

Reactions: JosephK and topt

TRENDING THREADS