• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
i just won the tdf with basso on a custom team, because all of the strong gcs lost close to ten minutes over the cobbles on stage 4....wiggins was able to pull himself to 2nd due to the 50k ITT...wtf!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
thining of getting the 10 version. The main ting that annoyed me with the other versions was I couldn't replicate the same races riders rde in real life without them hitting 100% fatigue. If you gave a rider a month off the fatigue never came down.

Has that changed yet ?

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
sherer said:
thining of getting the 10 version. The main ting that annoyed me with the other versions was I couldn't replicate the same races riders rde in real life without them hitting 100% fatigue. If you gave a rider a month off the fatigue never came down.

Has that changed yet ?

Two types of fitness in the game (the version I play)... racing and training fitness.

Racing fitness is between 0 and 20. The max goes down once the rider had ridden more then 60 races.

Training fitness is between 0 and 80. You create a training plan to peak this at certain dates... but if you are at a high level of training for two long then fatigue sets in that brings down the max. You can recover this by dropping your training down to one of the 3 lowest levels for a period of time. The training plan shows where fatigue sets in.

It's fairly easy to manage fatigue to peak realistically for races. You can't expect to peak for both the ardennes classics and the Giro... but you can't do that in real life either (as Evans showed us this year).

May 6, 2009
Visit site
1/ Press the "print screen" button the keyboard (mine is next to the F12 key); 2/ Open up the "paint" program on your computer;
3/ Copy and Paste and save it as a jpeg;
4/ Visit this site, and click "Browse", and then select your image and then click "Host". You will soon get a link to c & p. You can try other sites like image shack, but you need to register first, repeat the same two processes that I just mentioned, and then right click on "copy image location" to get the link.
5/ Open this thread up and right click and select paste under the
tags.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
kurtinsc said:
Galic... we get it. You don't like the game. We understand.

I enjoy playing it. While it could be better in many areas, it's good enough to hold my interest... in fact it holds it much better then a lot of other games that are well designed, graphically superior and have less bugs.

What's the point of a well designed first person shooter if I don't enjoy first person shooters?

I like sports games. I like sim/strategy games. This is both. It's also about a sport I like to watch in real life. I'll probably buy it. I'm probably not going to buy the next super-awesome gamers choice way cool graphics cut-em-up shoot-em-up magic mario sit on a mushroom mmorpg starwars superman game... no matter how well it is programmed.

There are plenty of low key games that are never marketed well that are awesome purchases. As mentioned before...niche markets. There are also many very successful games that are extraordinarily frustrating. Your second paragraph summed the whole gaming market nicely. You buy what you like. Most games are hype. I hear many people I know harp about how great the 'next' game in a genre or from a developer will be only for the game to come out and it does not live up to their perception of how great it would be. Happens all the time. I was merely trying to warn people that the gaming industry is very fickle and rarely ever delivers what is promised.

As for real life events, scenarios and sports being made into video games. I've never been too crash hot on that. FIFA games are ok, but get dull very quickly. I don't mind racing games, but sports tend to better played or viewed for real than in a game. Also, I couldn't buy this game if I wanted to. My PC isn't suitable and I have no desire to get back into PC gaming and I cannot stand portable handheld gaming systems like the Sony PSP, thus ruling me out for purchasing this game.

If someone made a downhill mountainbike game...then I'd be interested.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
There are plenty of low key games that are never marketed well that are awesome purchases. As mentioned before...niche markets. There are also many very successful games that are extraordinarily frustrating. Your second paragraph summed the whole gaming market nicely. You buy what you like. Most games are hype. I hear many people I know harp about how great the 'next' game in a genre or from a developer will be only for the game to come out and it does not live up to their perception of how great it would be. Happens all the time. I was merely trying to warn people that the gaming industry is very fickle and rarely ever delivers what is promised.

As for real life events, scenarios and sports being made into video games. I've never been too crash hot on that. FIFA games are ok, but get dull very quickly. I don't mind racing games, but sports tend to better played or viewed for real than in a game. Also, I couldn't buy this game if I wanted to. My PC isn't suitable and I have no desire to get back into PC gaming and I cannot stand portable handheld gaming systems like the Sony PSP, thus ruling me out for purchasing this game.

If someone made a downhill mountainbike game...then I'd be interested.

They could create a downhill mountainbiking game quite easily.

Take an existing snowboarding or downhill skiing game. Change the models and backgrounds.

Done.

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the itch and havent slept in like 3 days, staying up till 8 30 then watching the tour then more PCM. I crash all the time during the 3D simulation its usually later in the race, I have the latest drivers for my graphics card nvidia gforce 9800. Any ideas? I have pat. 1.0.1.8 or whatever the numbers are.

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the noob questions in advanced, but I love PCM 09 and reading through this forum I want to know:

At PCM daily, if I download some of the content there, will all the team's jerseys, names, etc will be corrected?

Will there be any other pro-continental teams like Mountain Khakis, etc?

Glad to know I am not the only other one having problems with the game too.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
wiry pyruvity said:
the scouting has gone awry...30% of scouted rookies are modern versions of the 'cannibal'
in pcm 10 or 09? because I don't really think they are? must say I never completed more than 2 seasons as that took too long...

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I've never played a game like this, so would anyone recommend getting it?
Can you control tactics in-race?
Is it fun?
Would other years like 08 or 09 be better to get?

jobiwan said:
I've never played a game like this, so would anyone recommend getting it?
Can you control tactics in-race?
Is it fun?
Would other years like 08 or 09 be better to get?

yes
yes
i play 09,/brag mode on/ i have my own huge database with proly the biggest racing calendar /brag mode off/

2010 version is new,few bugs has to be solved and new races/databases have to be created,it may be playable in winter :D

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
saganftw said:
yes
yes
i play 09,/brag mode on/ i have my own huge database with proly the biggest racing calendar /brag mode off/

2010 version is new,few bugs has to be solved and new races/databases have to be created,it may be playable in winter :D

i get very annoyed at pcm 09 and 10'
it just crashes for me all the time - runtime error
i have installed all the patches, still get the errors.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
i get very annoyed at pcm 09 and 10'
it just crashes for me all the time - runtime error
i have installed all the patches, still get the errors.

you are doin something wrong,i have crashes too,but its very rare and i have crapy computer compared to some other players

try either upgrade your computer or lower graphical settings like amount of fans,trees,cities,it may help to install older drivers for graphic card for PCM 09

i even read that some ppl underclocked their graphic card and it worked like magic

and ofc make sure you have databases/graphical addons that are not bugged,sometimes i find stage or part of equipment/jersey thats just wrongly designed

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
saganftw said:
yes
yes

Thanks, and it seems 2009 is cheaper!

May 14, 2010
Visit site
OK, here's a total noob question. I bought this game in 2006 version, I think. I tried playing it maybe once and never got round to it again. Now I'd like to play it. Do I need the latest version or is there something I can do to bring it up to date? Do you have to buy this game every year if you want to stay up to date?

TRENDING THREADS