• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
My great team!
2rgbymb.png

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I won a stage with a breakaway from pavel brutt, on one of the last 3 mountain stage of the vuelta, I attacked earlyish and he built up quite a large lead, i think because I also had teh gold jersey and just left them to do what they wanted it went up to about 15 minutes and I just had set to take really and around 65% and when he went over the top of the 2nd last climb i just told him to sit on the wheel of van goolen who died about 4km from the top and left me to win.....

I have also seen the computer win with a few breakaways too but not very often...

Anyway I am playing it with katusha, in the 2nd season my plan is to make pozzato go for the paris roubaix giro double :S, I don't know if he can do this though..

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
palmerq said:
Stijn devolder has signed for euskaltel in my game :S
the transfers after each season are silly. seriously after 1 season teams look completely different.

I once had conti not re-sign or sign with any other team. I made an illusion that he doped :p

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
palmerq said:
Stijn devolder has signed for euskaltel in my game :S

Euskaltel stays pretty spanish in my games. I thought they added some flag in the DB that helped with that.

Of course they don't stay basque... but all spanish is good enough.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Is there a working startlist-tool for PCM 2010 ?
If not, I'll just do it manually. Always good to learn the lineup. :)

btw, Alberto beat me (Purito) with 4 minutes. Got 2nd at Giro with a good random startlist.
But I got the mountain jersey with Trofimov. :D

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
palmerq said:
Anyway I am playing it with katusha, in the 2nd season my plan is to make pozzato go for the paris roubaix giro double :S, I don't know if he can do this though..

I managed to do it(infact he won all three jerseys ), I think i should probably put the difficulty up :S but i like to win, I gave pippo 2 training camps to get him to 75 in the mountains and made him attack hard in every hilly race and the flat stages that had an uphill finish(just like real life :S)..

Next plan is for pippo to win all 5 monuments I am only missing the tour of flanders(twice 2nd place) and the lbl it might take 2 more seasons for that though.

Cavendish has no contract for next season so I think i will sign him just to make him greipels lead out man

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone downloaded the game (2010 version) through Amazon's new digital game downloads?

I'm looking to put the game on a new, faster computer.

Amazon offers to archive the download with the game purchase of 20.00 dollars.

Good or bad experiences ?

Thanks

pcm 2009 played a big trick on me this last season.

with boonen: second in M-SR behind devolder, on the ronde second behind cancellara and on roubaix third behind canc and pozzato <_<

then with cunego (i have him on my team) got second in amstell and third in liege. . . . . . .

you can't even imagine how grumpy i was after that classics season. . .

May 20, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
How in this world you are able to do this or let it happen?

Only once in my 3 years with PCM was a successful breakaway (including 1 of my riders) happening. All other races/stages the breakaways were caught.

Only once or twice a breakway was making it to the finish line when none of my riders were included in the breakaway.

To have a more realistic game i would like to know how to do it.
Could it be...
a.) that i play/ed in the "Normal-Modus"? Should i change to "extreme"?
b.) that it is because i use the PCM 2009? I wouldn´t like to give it up, because i edited the Database in 2+ years.
c.) that i should really dig deep into the Database and change some programming? That would be hard, because i have no idea how to do it.
If that´s the case, i´d like to send you me Database for change. (BTW i would like more crashes; it seems there are too little. And i´d like to upload pics of riders into my database.
d.) that i just play the game wrong? I mean i really don´t work on glosing the gap between the peloton and the breakaway, but all the time the other teams do it for me. Even tough i don´t want that to happen.

Urgent help and advice is needed. Thanks :)

P.S.: How can you loose 3 minutes on ITT with a 72-ITT-Rate? I always crush my opponents (or at least stay close with them) with my 70+ ITT´lers.

For example, i put 3+ minutes on everybody with Scarponi and Simoni exept Basso ("only" + 53 seconds) in the 2009-Giro-63-KM-TT.

It is the 2009 edition that doesnt really allow breakaways to succeed. 2010 is much more realistic in that regard, for example i won overall at Asturias with Juanjo Oroz with a 5 minute breakaway victory on 1st stage (because for some reason Geox couldnt be arsed to control the race until lead got to 10m) and then hung for dear life in the following 4 stages (won by 40 seconds over Cobo in the end).

Get PCMdaily 2011 database, guys did a fantastic job, and put the difficulty to hardest, and in my opinion you will have the best PCM edition ever. Its still a bit too easy to win races early in the season (until the classics start) but later on you really have to try hard and also be a bit lucky, especially if playing with a weaker team without many strong domestiques.

Mar 18, 2009
www.pcmdaily.com
A little bit unrelated, but it's worth mentioning that Cyanide is releasing a game called Tour de France 2011 for XBOX360 and Playstation 3.

It's a completely new game, so it's not related to the previous XBOX Arcade and PSP games.

PCM.daily revealed a bunch of details about the game a couple of days ago: http://pcmdaily.com/news.php?readmore=639

There's also a few screenshots out - they are quite old, though: http://pcmdaily.com/photogallery.php?album_id=42&rowstart=12 (screens marked with "console")

TRENDING THREADS