• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Quintana??

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Escarabajo said:
roundabout said:
Escarabajo said:
Quintana:

Around 70% drafting. Assume some slight headwind:

5.58 Watts / Kg
5.66 Watts/ Kg (Ferrari's formula)

Toussuire is quite an irregular climb for the purposes of using VAM.
Let's wait for the power meter readings for calibration. :)
Gesink, (edit: PM, if it wasn't clear) through Vetooo again: 372W.

So that'll be 5.24W/kg.
I'll take the under on 5.7W/kg for Nairito.

Re:

bigcog said:
http://www.chronoswatts.com/watts/19/

Alpe D'huez

37 Nairo Quintana Colombie Tour de France 2013 (#18) 39'50 6.25 w/kg 426

Why hasn't this ET performance been mentioned ? lol

Wait, wait, wait: Quintana put out more w/kg, in the third week of his tour in 2013, than Froome did on his 'mutant' stage 10 this year,the one that broke the internet, Even Froomes biggest estimates was 6.09 w/kg, and that was the first mountain stage of the tour, and it was after a rest day! That is brilliant :D :D :D :D :D

Poursuivant said:
Wait, wait, wait: Quintana put out more w/kg, in the third week of his tour in 2013, than Froome did on his 'mutant' stage 10 this year,the one that broke the internet, and gave many clinic members raging hard-ons?! Even Froomes biggest estimates was 6.09 w/kg, and that was the first mountain stage of the tour, and it was after a rest day! That is brilliant :D :D :D :D :D

Yup. But Quintana looks like a proper rider, and does the slow, off the saddle, "tapping out the rhythm" thing that 'proper' cyclists do. So he gets a free pass.

Poursuivant said:
bigcog said:

Alpe D'huez

Wait, wait, wait: Quintana put out more w/kg, in the third week of his tour in 2013, than Froome did on his 'mutant' stage 10 this year,the one that broke the internet, and gave many clinic members raging hard-ons?! Even Froomes biggest estimates was 6.09 w/kg, and that was the first mountain stage of the tour, and it was after a rest day! That is brilliant :D :D :D :D :D

Interesting that when people actually challenge your view or ask you difficult questions, pow, you strangely vanish from the thread.

Only come in now and again to throw baits around.

Re:

doolols said:
Poursuivant said:

Yup. But Quintana looks like a proper rider, and does the slow, off the saddle, "tapping out the rhythm" thing that 'proper' cyclists do. So he gets a free pass.
Are you serious about "gets a free pass" or are you just trolling?

The Hitch said:
Nope. Just when Froome does anything (as in, anything) the clinic goes into meltdown.

Here's a guy, rides a climb 30 seconds faster than anyone else, who are all grouped within a second or so of each other, and there's almost dead silence here. I just wonder why this is?

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Quintana is a doper. Out and out doper. His training in Colombia alone, whilst understandable with family, etc, is dodgy as fck, given the remoteness of the area, lack of testing labs in the country and the way the testers can so easily get lost.

The lack of competition he undergoes, and then races at top speed screams "chemical assistance" to me.

Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
Now let's watch all the new Colombian posters register to chew me out and spend page after page with their irrational arguments in defense of Quintana.
Cracking knuckles. It's an English language forum. Have you perhaps considered the possibility that there might be a few more Brits than Colombians lurking about? Not saying that forumites don't generally dismiss as Valververde co-led Unzue coached team as default dopers, but them's the regulars.

Dear Wiggo said:
His training in Colombia alone, whilst understandable with family, etc, is dodgy as fck, given the remoteness of the area, lack of testing labs in the country and the way the testers can so easily get lost.
I was about to let you make your point, but out of anything you could have said, this is the only thing so ludicrous I had to respond to. In an "era" where everyone goes to "altitude camps" in the middle of some a beautiful but godforsaken volcano with one access road on a remote-arse island in the middle of the freaking Atlantic, you're really going to go with "the guy training at 9,200 feet next to his hometown an hour's drive away from a WADA accredited lab is doing so to dodge testing"?

Sep 29, 2012

carton said:
Dear Wiggo said:
Are you disagreeing with me?
Apparently not, somehow.

Ok you are not making sense any longer.

Anyway, back to your point. The lab only just opened / was accredited recently, and they do not field the sample collectors.

The last time we heard about sample collectors heading to Colombia, they got lost and warned the rider in question (Henao?) that they were on their way, could the rider please do a quick saline bag to prepare for the- no wait, no, that's right they said they were on their way and would be there in an hour.

If you can point out the part of my post where I wrote "he trains there to dodge testing", that would be great. The dodginess I alluded to was more to do with the long training runs sans competition where his level in competition after such long pauses is as if he had been competing. It's pretty impressive. Or dodgy. Rather than leave that alone in isolation, I chose to list other factors that I feel can contribute to that factor.

Yes, Tenerife is popular. But given the nature of the Protour, it's far more likely they will test multiple teams on Teide as they are all there at the same time.

Training in most European countries netts the same effect - large clustered groups of pro riders riding together or in close vincinity.

There's only one rider at that pointy end of the field off by himself.

That's all I was seeking to point out.

Re:

doolols said:
The Hitch said:
Nope. Just when Froome does anything (as in, anything) the clinic goes into meltdown.

Here's a guy, rides a climb 30 seconds faster than anyone else, who are all grouped within a second or so of each other, and there's almost dead silence here. I just wonder why this is?

You are free to post if you want. No one is stopping you.

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I'd be prepared to believe Quintana was clean, more so than any of the other three. Nibali... not really. In fact anyone so closely associated with Vino is already fighting an uphill battle to prove their innocence. Contador has already been busted but I don't know if he is fading naturally or just off the juice for now.

Froome is just the best debate, because even his detractors know there's a possibility he could be clean, and his defenders know that there's also a possibility he could be dirty. I don't think it's a mad pro-Quintana conspiracy.

Dear Wiggo said:
carton said:
Dear Wiggo said:
Are you disagreeing with me?
Apparently not, somehow.

Ok you are not making sense any longer.

Anyway, back to your point. The lab only just opened / was accredited recently, and they do not field the sample collectors.

The last time we heard about sample collectors heading to Colombia, they got lost and warned the rider in question (Henao?) that they were on their way, could the rider please do a quick saline bag to prepare for the- no wait, no, that's right they said they were on their way and would be there in an hour.

If you can point out the part of my post where I wrote "he trains there to dodge testing", that would be great. The dodginess I alluded to was more to do with the long training runs sans competition where his level in competition after such long pauses is as if he had been competing. It's pretty impressive. Or dodgy. Rather than leave that alone in isolation, I chose to list other factors that I feel can contribute to that factor.

Yes, Tenerife is popular. But given the nature of the Protour, it's far more likely they will test multiple teams on Teide as they are all there at the same time.

Training in most European countries netts the same effect - large clustered groups of pro riders riding together or in close vincinity.

There's only one rider at that pointy end of the field off by himself.

That's all I was seeking to point out.
Pretty much all of the Colombian riders train mostly in Colombia. The Henaos, Uran, Betancur, Anacona. So did guys like Parra and Herrera. Henao lives in Rionegro, basically Medellin. But from what I understand there are testers based in Latin America. But there are direct flights from Madrid to Medellin. You have to be staggeringly incompetent to get lost on your way there. It's tougher to get lost going to Rionegro than to get lost on your way to, say, a minor European city like Lucca, let alone some of the remote villages where many European riders base themselves. Many more roads in and out too. Tenerife has had issues with very sporadic testing, and no, I'm not alluding to Froome's comments. In any case, it's not like guys have historically have had huge issues managing to dope while training in Europe. And aren't you in the positive tests and Bio-Passports findings are a red herring camp anyway?

There are many reasonable arguments why one would presume Nairito is doping. Training in Colombia is not one of them.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
Quintana is a doper. Out and out doper. His training in Colombia alone, whilst understandable with family, etc, is dodgy as fck, given the remoteness of the area, lack of testing labs in the country and the way the testers can so easily get lost.

The lack of competition he undergoes, and then races at top speed screams "chemical assistance" to me.

Dude he's never liked tested positive or anything. He goes home to train because he gets homesick and doesn't understand European culture or the languages. He's an altitude native and spending too much time at a low altitude freaks him out and stuff. Oh did I mention he's never tested positive and is all for extra testing (of his rivals).

Whilst he's never won the Automated Jockstrap Race, he did win some minor race in Colombia when he was younger on a rubbish bike and poor training. If he had better training he would've shown his potential earlier, but he was held back by the poor equipment and lack of coaching.

:D :D :D

Did I miss anything out?

Sep 29, 2012

BYOP88 said:
Dear Wiggo said:

Dude he's never liked tested positive or anything. He goes home to train because he gets homesick and doesn't understand European culture or the languages. He's an altitude native and spending too much time at a low altitude freaks him out and stuff. Oh did I mention he's never tested positive and is all for extra testing (of his rivals).
Whilst he's never won the Automated Jockstrap Race, he did win some minor race in Colombia when he was younger on a rubbish bike and poor training. If he had better training he would've shown his potential earlier, but he was held back by the poor equipment and lack of coaching.

:D :D :D

Did I miss anything out?

Typical Movibot. :rolleyes:

The Hitch said:
Poursuivant said:
bigcog said:

Alpe D'huez

Interesting that when people actually challenge your view or ask you difficult questions, pow, you strangely vanish from the thread.

Only come in now and again to throw baits around.

You have a point. I actually don't mean to bait anyone though. Truth is, I respect the Clinic and I like a lot of things that get said in here, not just with cycling but with other sports, there's some good threads, especially on tennis/athletics etc. that have doping problems but don't get a tiny whiff of the reputation that cycling has. But that's how cycling is, it's how it will be for a long, long time. And deservedly so.

I think you are right, I sometimes dip in here, and then do one. In all honesty mate, I get tired of the complete cycnicism in here. The scepticism for every action in every race, is actually pretty detrimental to anyones enjoyment of the sport. My issue with this sub-forum is, there's a clear anti-sky, anti-uk, ani-froome feel. Maybe some people don't like one, and that leads on to the other, and then onto the other, etc. I also think a lot of it is: members' seeing their favourite riders getting walloped, automatically you demonise the opposition, naturally, so in this sport you accuse the other of cheating. When the w/kg came out for Froomes PSM ride and you could tell people were expecting Riis level numbers, and eventually their expecations got p*ssed on, it was funny to see the brave face being put on, like eating a crap dinner at your future in-laws: mmm, lovely this! (swallows awkwardly)

I realise this isn't a sky thread, and I am not even a sky fan, at all, but I have grown more and more sympathetic to likes of Froome when people put out some of the things in the race threads, it's embarrassing, it's like being back in school when you are 10 talking about your favourite football team with your mates who support someone else. So, the hate endears me more to certain riders, especially when you have people making their way up La Toussuire just to prepare a nice big spit at someone they've never met who rides a bike, what is that all about?

The clinic has been great and really educational for me personally on subjects such as Lance. But I also think a lot of members will say, 'the sport hasn't changed', simply because they don't want it to change. What would they do? Virtually Anytime someone wins a race, a thread is opened about them in the clinic, and I do understand the cynicism, but I also believe that the big arms race has gone. This is a thread about Quintana, and I actually think he is clean. Is this sport clean? No. Is it cleaner than what it was, yes. At least, in my humble opinion.

Dear Wiggo said:
argel said:
Froome is just the best debate, because even his detractors know there's a possibility he could be clean,

Wow. That's a lot of confidence in something that is patently untrue.

Hey Dw I'm disappointed in you. You lost the game. It was hilarious watching this new poster who just happened to stumble upon the clinic a few hours ago, make several obvious bait posts and not receive any reponse. It was predictable he was going to crank up the trollcraft further in an attempt to finally get a response.

I was hoping though that most clinic members had caught on to this and he would have to delve into one of his other accounts to construct fake responses to himself.

TRENDING THREADS