• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Radioshack cyclist's house searched.

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Not too hard to connect the dots b/w Novitsky's recent "European vaction", Popo being pulled over by black SUV's while in Austin, and now this house raid.

Novi turning the thumbscrews, bit by bit. A beautiful thing to watch. Just relax, Wonderboy. :p

I bet right about now Popovych was wishing he had settled in Spain where the working conditions are much more favorable.

Somehow I doubt there is a direct connection with the US investigation, but it certainly doesn't help Armstrong's case that Popo is under pressure. The Armstrong empire continues to crumble bit by bit.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
They wont find anything there not smart enough. Bruneel said you dont need brains to be a Commisair. You do need brains to catch this mob. They are smart and organised.

btw....I would never have expected Popo's attorney to actually say "ya, my client witnessed doping" with regards to testimony given to the GJ. AND, Popo was in there alone sans attorney, so no on would really have known actual revelations, but this seems to support that just maybe the Q & A session was not so completely benign.........
just what I'm thinkin...

it seems somewhat foolhardy of this supposed 'international' investigation to not do simultaneous seizures at the homes of current Radio Shack members and management and ex-riders/management associated with USPS and Discovery i.e. The Hog and Ekimov, Heras, et al - where it would seem the seizure of technological assets (Computers and cell phones, etc.) would bare the most evidence and not any current drug stores.

The shredders and hard drive destruction is working overtime across the world at this point, if they haven't already disposed of the evidence. Fortunately, the paper trail of financials and emails have multiple potential sources - but still, to not issue and execute warrants simultaneously lets the cat out of the bag that they might.

If you look at the Anderson suit as evidence of the danger - it seemed to pivot on missing email evidence which was in the process of being retrieved from computer hard drives formerly owned by Armstrong. Also, consider the O'Bee case where the overwhelming evidence were emails between he, his girlfriend and the PED pushers.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
TubularBills said:
it seems somewhat foolhardy of this supposed 'international' investigation to not do simultaneous seizures at the homes of current Radio Shack members and management and ex-riders/management associated with USPS and Discovery i.e. The Hog and Ekimov, Heras, et al - where it would seem the seizure of technological assets (Computers and cell phones, etc.) would bare the most evidence and not any current drug stores.

The shredders and hard drive destruction is working overtime across the world at this point, if they haven't already disposed of the evidence. Fortunately, the paper trail of financials and emails have multiple potential sources - but still, to not issue and execute warrants simultaneously lets the cat out of the bag that they might.

If you look at the Anderson suit as evidence of the danger - it seemed to pivot on missing email evidence which was in the process of being retrieved from computer hard drives formerly owned by Armstrong. Also, consider the O'Bee case where the overwhelming evidence were emails between he, his girlfriend and the PED pushers.

Well done! You're the first person I've ever heard make that connection. Wish I still had that hard drive. Novitzky probably does too.

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
TexPat said:
Well done! You're the first person I've ever heard make that connection. Wish I still had that hard drive. Novitzky probably does too.

It's just as easy to subpoena an ISP or email provider as well. In the US, at least, there's very little resistance by ISPs or even the Googles of the world when the feds come knocking.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
jimmypop said:
It's just as easy to subpoena an ISP or email provider as well. In the US, at least, there's very little resistance by ISPs or even the Googles of the world when the feds come knocking.

It is much harder then you think and most ISP only keep 6 months of records.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Fellows, the point I clearly failed to make was that there was in all likelihood some very useful information on that hard drive, which is probably at the bottom of the local dump by now. Given the fact that they were very aggressive in getting it...

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
NashbarShorts said:
Not too hard to connect the dots b/w Novitsky's recent "European vaction", Popo being pulled over by black SUV's while in Austin, and now this house raid.

Novi turning the thumbscrews, bit by bit. A beautiful thing to watch. Just relax, Wonderboy. :p

Yes, just relax. This is your first time Lance? No, no, no, tensing up will just make it hurt more...

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:
Ahhh... the era of 'Homeland Security'... Smileyface stickers for everyone who gives me their email address. facebook didn't happen by accident.

It's funny the people who think fb is a front. I've heard a bit here or there along those lines.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Popo is going to be popped by the feds which will then pop the armstrong empire.

are you for real? I mean seriously, sometimes you sound like a troll. no offense. Just what?

damn you went to uni right?

hughmoore said:
The message is he has no evidence and has to arrange raids in Europe.
Hugh

There is a lot of speculative debate as to what has triggered the search of Popo's home, none of which comes close to this piece of wishful thinking.

If the raid has been as a result of the US investigation into Armstrong, it marks an expansion in this affair, incorporating European agencies; perhaps marking the first tangible involvement of Interpol.

This action is hardly likely to have been undertaken, had evidence has already not been found.
Investigations tend to get wound down, not up, when no evidence is forthcoming.

The best way for a fanboy to deflect this argument away from LA is to bang on about the raid being part of several ongoing Italian investigations and that it is more likely to be linked to the Lampre saga etc.

TRENDING THREADS