• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Richard Carapaz discussion thread

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bump. More than one whole year without a comment in this thread. :eek:
Shows how underrated he is still. I love watching him climb. His Giro win was not a fluke. Unpopular opinion: he is Ineos' best GT rider.

Giro win wasn't a fluke cause he won it. Winning another GT will be waaaay harder. He climbs very well, impressed by yesterday's stage but we have/had lots of great climbers who didn't come close to winning a GT. Ineos ruined his season by sending him to support Bernal.

Very hard to judge rider levels from breakaways tbh. Stage 16 he obviously wasn't too hot cause he got destroyed by Kämna. Stage he did both climbs about some 5 minutes slower than the fastest of the peloton. Today he was climbing with Kwiatkowski.
Bump. More than one whole year without a comment in this thread. :eek:
Shows how underrated he is still. I love watching him climb. His Giro win was not a fluke. Unpopular opinion: he is Ineos' best GT rider.
I'd say it's Thomas.

Giro win wasn't a fluke cause he won it. Winning another GT will be waaaay harder. He climbs very well, impressed by yesterday's stage but we have/had lots of great climbers who didn't come close to winning a GT. Ineos ruined his season by sending him to support Bernal.
Pretty much. I wouldn't call it a fluke as in saying he'd never reach that level again. Just that he needed a lot of things to fall his way to win.

Very hard to judge rider levels from breakaways tbh. Stage 16 he obviously wasn't too hot cause he got destroyed by Kämna. Stage he did both climbs about some 5 minutes slower than the fastest of the peloton. Today he was climbing with Kwiatkowski.
I know but Kamna dropped him on the flat/downhill, and he was nowhere to be seen (he tried but didn't have it) the next two days while Carapaz got stronger every day.

I'd say it's Thomas.
Well I was probably exaggerating a bit there. But I need to see Thomas reach a super high level again in a GT before naming him Ineos'best bet. Hopefully he is good in the Giro.

I'll change my statement. Carapaz is as good of a climber as Bernal if not better.

TRENDING THREADS