Richie Porte Discussion Thread.

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

In which year will Porte win the GT Treble?

  • He will only manage the double

    Votes: 7 100.0%

  • Total voters
    7
Aug 4, 2011
3,647
0
0
Re: Re:

Jancouver said:
Netserk said:
He is taller than Purito...
So? How many GT Purito won?

To Porte's credit, unlike Purito, he can at least TT.

As I said before, GT winner should be a complete rider and Purito is nowhere near that and it would be a shame if he won a GT just because of his climbing/size.
No it would be awesome. I want the best riders/climbers to win a GT.
I don't want another "Wiggo worse tour winner ever victory" Fu%%ing boring.
 
Re: Re:

Jancouver said:
Jspear said:
Jancouver said:
Netserk said:
He is taller than Purito...
So? How many GT Purito won?

To Porte's credit, unlike Purito, he can at least TT.

As I said before, GT winner should be a complete rider and Purito is nowhere near that and it would be a shame if he won a GT just because of his climbing/size.
So what exactly is it about Richie's body type that makes him unable to race for the win over 3 weeks? I've seen you mention his height, but don't really understand how that matters. I mean he is pretty complete. He can climb and tt and he did pretty good over the cobbles last year. That's more than AC can say. These days AC's only really good at climbing - his tt isn't the greatest anymore. Does that mean he isn't a complete rider and thus shouldn't be a gt winner?
First of all, I think that Porte's body fat is too low and unless there is something clinic related, his body will give up soon. (just come back and apologize during the Giro when Porte is out with some kind of illness or cracked completely)

As per his body type, my own theory is that a way below average size Caucasian man does not have the raw power/physique to win a three weeks long and hard GT. Thats all.
I don't think your view is weird at all. I genuinely wanted to hear your view. I completely understand where you are coming from when you talk about his body fat. I'm asking questions trying to figure out what I want to do with him in some different cycling games. I like to hear different opinions. :)
 
Mar 14, 2009
3,436
0
0
BigMac said:
Jan, we have an avatar bet or what?

I'm totally for it as long as you don't give me Contador.
So what is the bet?

Porte not winning Giro is obvious and we dont need a bet for that because unless Bert or Uran are both out for some injury/clinic reasons Porte will never finish higher than those two. :cool:

Since I want to give you a small chance, I will take a bet that Porte will not be on the Giro podium. :eek:
 
Jancouver said:
BigMac said:
Jan, we have an avatar bet or what?

I'm totally for it as long as you don't give me Contador.
So what is the bet?

Porte not winning Giro is obvious and we dont need a bet for that because unless Bert or Uran are both out for some injury/clinic reasons Porte will never finish higher than those two. :cool:

Since I want to give you a small chance, I will take a bet that Porte will not be on the Giro podium. :eek:
I think I will chicken out, after all. :p Value my avatars too much,

I am confident Porte will win the Giro, though. Just not confident enough.
 
Mar 14, 2009
3,436
0
0
DBotero said:
Seems like this giant did very well in Giro,oh actually won it :eek:

The good ole' days where every donkey with the right "program" would turn into thoroughbred breed. That year even Popo was 5th and Gonchar 2nd ... what a joke

BTW I think Piccolo Principe is still taller than Porte :D
 
Mar 14, 2009
3,436
0
0
BigMac said:
Jancouver said:
BigMac said:
Jan, we have an avatar bet or what?

I'm totally for it as long as you don't give me Contador.
So what is the bet?

Porte not winning Giro is obvious and we dont need a bet for that because unless Bert or Uran are both out for some injury/clinic reasons Porte will never finish higher than those two. :cool:

Since I want to give you a small chance, I will take a bet that Porte will not be on the Giro podium. :eek:
I think I will chicken out, after all. :p Value my avatars too much,

I am confident Porte will win the Giro, though. Just not confident enough.
No worries, I know its not easy to bet against the riders you like. If he can prove me wrong without getting busted I would be the first to admit my miss-judgement.
 
Jancouver said:
BigMac said:
Jancouver said:
BigMac said:
Jan, we have an avatar bet or what?

I'm totally for it as long as you don't give me Contador.
So what is the bet?

Porte not winning Giro is obvious and we dont need a bet for that because unless Bert or Uran are both out for some injury/clinic reasons Porte will never finish higher than those two. :cool:

Since I want to give you a small chance, I will take a bet that Porte will not be on the Giro podium. :eek:
I think I will chicken out, after all. :p Value my avatars too much,

I am confident Porte will win the Giro, though. Just not confident enough.
No worries, I know its not easy to bet against the riders you like. If he can prove me wrong without getting busted I would be the first to admit my miss-judgement.

? :p
 
Jancouver said:
BigMac said:
Jan, we have an avatar bet or what?

I'm totally for it as long as you don't give me Contador.
I will take a bet that Porte will not be on the Giro podium. :eek:
I reckon its 50/50 Porte can make the Giro podium (bottom step). But if he doesn't its got nothing to do with your body shape theory. He's got the power and he's got "low" weight so he should TT and climb better than ever. We just need to see how his recovery works out after 3 weeks of racing - body shape gives no indication of his recuperative abilities.

Porte has failed twice over three weeks. In 2013 TdF he got elevated mid Tour to team leader after Froome fell - he did not prepare for that. Last years Giro he had health problems all through 2014 so that was no surprise. There is no indication of any health problems this season! Unless he crashes this Giro should finally confirm what Richie is capable of as a GT rider.
 
Jancouver said:
BigMac said:
Jan, we have an avatar bet or what?

I'm totally for it as long as you don't give me Contador.
So what is the bet?

Porte not winning Giro is obvious and we dont need a bet for that because unless Bert or Uran are both out for some injury/clinic reasons Porte will never finish higher than those two. :cool:

Since I want to give you a small chance, I will take a bet that Porte will not be on the Giro podium. :eek:
I ll take that bet (Your Richie will not podium vs my Richie will podium) if you still want to do it. Im not an avatar bet fan but I really dislike your current avatar of Styby so I would like to get it changed :p. You can name the length and start time of the one who loses the bet.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
Uran doing better than Porte? If Porte doesn't have a *** day i'm pretty he'll do better than uran. Uran is overrated.
 
Mar 14, 2009
3,436
0
0
Ruudz0r said:
Jancouver said:
BigMac said:
Jan, we have an avatar bet or what?

I'm totally for it as long as you don't give me Contador.
So what is the bet?

Porte not winning Giro is obvious and we dont need a bet for that because unless Bert or Uran are both out for some injury/clinic reasons Porte will never finish higher than those two. :cool:

Since I want to give you a small chance, I will take a bet that Porte will not be on the Giro podium. :eek:
I ll take that bet (Your Richie will not podium vs my Richie will podium) if you still want to do it. Im not an avatar bet fan but I really dislike your current avatar of Styby so I would like to get it changed :p. You can name the length and start time of the one who loses the bet.
Bet accepted.
I month avatar for the duration of June.
 
Jancouver said:
BigMac said:
Jancouver said:
BigMac said:
Jan, we have an avatar bet or what?

I'm totally for it as long as you don't give me Contador.
So what is the bet?

Porte not winning Giro is obvious and we dont need a bet for that because unless Bert or Uran are both out for some injury/clinic reasons Porte will never finish higher than those two. :cool:

Since I want to give you a small chance, I will take a bet that Porte will not be on the Giro podium. :eek:
I think I will chicken out, after all. :p Value my avatars too much,

I am confident Porte will win the Giro, though. Just not confident enough.
No worries, I know its not easy to bet against the riders you like. If he can prove me wrong without getting busted I would be the first to admit my miss-judgement.
Did you factor in the bumps on his skull when you figured out he has to be doped to the gills or is that based on eyecolor?
 
May 28, 2012
2,779
0
0
So now we know why Anton crashed out of the 2010 Vuelta; he just wasn't talle enough to qualify for a GT win. Pozzovivo and Porte better not read this thread as well.
 
Mar 14, 2009
3,436
0
0
Re:

Pentacycle said:
So now we know why Anton crashed out of the 2010 Vuelta; he just wasn't talle enough to qualify for a GT win. Pozzovivo and Porte better not read this thread as well.
This thread is about Porte and most of my comments were directed at him.

As per Vuelta, while I wish I could count Vuelta as a real GT, we all know that this race is not the "main event" of the season for any serious contender and most teams send their 3rd level racers or those that had some kind of issues at the Tour or Giro.

After all, Contador, Cobo and Horner are a prove of that statement.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
2
0
Re: Re:

Jancouver said:
Kokoso said:
Jancouver said:
OK I found the full picture ... nevertheless Porte still is a little midget :D

Anyway it turned your speculation above in sh*t pile.
First of all, there was no speculation. It was a clear fact and the original picture error does not change anything.

IMO Porte's body and physique is not built for 3 weeks races. It is same as those super short guys are not winning Paris-Roubaix. They dont have bodies for that and Porte does not have a body of GT winner and he should be focusing on being a helper.

I never said that Porte is not a great cyclist and I even said that he should focus on one week races. So all the haters and fangirls should stop taking shots at me until he does win the Giro or any other GT. Then, I would be more than happy to take the BS and take the walk of shame.
this has to be the most unintelligent post in all of cyclingnews and trust me. that's against some pretty stiff competition... :L if you think porte with 172x60 doesn't have the body for a gt then explain how quintana won last years giro being 167x51
 
Re: Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
this has to be the most unintelligent post in all of cyclingnews and trust me. that's against some pretty stiff competition... :L if you think porte with 172x60 doesn't have the body for a gt then explain how quintana won last years giro being 167x51
Modest to grant your position.

Smug to think yourself stiff competition.
 
Mar 14, 2009
3,436
0
0
Re: Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
this has to be the most unintelligent post in all of cyclingnews and trust me. that's against some pretty stiff competition... :L if you think porte with 172x60 doesn't have the body for a gt then explain how quintana won last years giro being 167x51
Hey Ryo, what part of "CAUCASIAN" you don't understand?

Cau·ca·sian
kôˈkāZHən/
adjective
1.
NORTH AMERICAN
white-skinned; of European origin.

If you would read the whole discussion without prematurely jumping to conclusions you would be a valuable addition to this forum. Until then, your useless attacking and name calling is a good reflection of your intelligence or rather lack of.

I truly believe that you have some kind of cephalic disorder, most likely a lissencephaly disease that is prohibiting you from having normal conversation with the rest of human population.

For the mods, I'm not calling Ryo any names, just posting my opinion on his worthless comments.
 
May 28, 2012
2,779
0
0
Re: Re:

Jancouver said:
Pentacycle said:
So now we know why Anton crashed out of the 2010 Vuelta; he just wasn't talle enough to qualify for a GT win. Pozzovivo and Porte better not read this thread as well.
This thread is about Porte and most of my comments were directed at him.

As per Vuelta, while I wish I could count Vuelta as a real GT, we all know that this race is not the "main event" of the season for any serious contender and most teams send their 3rd level racers or those that had some kind of issues at the Tour or Giro.

After all, Contador, Cobo and Horner are a prove of that statement.
Yes, I realize that you're mainly talking Porte. But I was addressing your 'theory' about Caucasian males of 1.70(?)m and less, and I had hoped you could come up with something better than some trashtalk about la Vuelta. :D
 
First Porte had bad days then he had low body fat, now he is too short as well as having the wrong body shape which is all obviously shorthand for I hope he does not win. I don't think he will win but I hope he does. As for clinic related issues regarding Porte according to the clinic just about everyone winning bike races now is clinic related so Porte is no exception there body shape and all.
 
Mar 14, 2009
3,436
0
0
Re: Re:

Pentacycle said:
Jancouver said:
Pentacycle said:
So now we know why Anton crashed out of the 2010 Vuelta; he just wasn't talle enough to qualify for a GT win. Pozzovivo and Porte better not read this thread as well.
This thread is about Porte and most of my comments were directed at him.

As per Vuelta, while I wish I could count Vuelta as a real GT, we all know that this race is not the "main event" of the season for any serious contender and most teams send their 3rd level racers or those that had some kind of issues at the Tour or Giro.

After all, Contador, Cobo and Horner are a prove of that statement.
Yes, I realize that you're mainly talking Porte. But I was addressing your 'theory' about Caucasian males of 1.70(?)m and less, and I had hoped you could come up with something better than some trashtalk about la Vuelta. :D
Hey LaFlo.
You have no idea how I wish that all the top riders were participating in all 3 GTs. Unfortunately, these days, with the level of competition and racing intensity it is humanly impossible for any rider to ride at competitive level for that long and therefore all the best riders and teams would usually focus on the Tour and the second best tear would do the Giro. (Only Porte is clearly from another planet and is capable of winning races year round without any decrease in fitness and power)

While, some of the riders riding the Vuelta may be of the higher caliber, most teams would send back up riders and first time neo-pro because quite frankly there is a very little on the line. That does not mean that occasionally we see some epic battles and great rides but in general there is a very little interest in Vuelta outside of Spain.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY