• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Richie Porte meme: "We were the first ones to do it..."

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
we were the first ones to ride in our very own RV during a race to stay safe from fans and now everyone is doing it - Richie Porte & Brailsford

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
we were the first to design graeme obree's washing machine, now everyone has a washing machine, and cleans their knicks after the stage"--Richie Porte

please peeps please maintain the protocol
no renegades, freelancing, nor using artistic licence.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
We were the first to allow Wendi Deng be allowed into the campah, and be a swanny on our buttocks since she like Blairs buttocks, but since then Rupert has put the kibosh on that and threatened sir daves budget, so no more wendi deng ding ding bingo in the campah

Of course SKY was the pioneer in a lot of things in the new cycling. I am not a SKY fan but this is something I should acknowledgem as all the cycling acknoeledge.

Now, most of teams has copied most of his things, so there is not advantage, as well as some of his big names are now in other teams: Rigo, Rogers, Gerrans, Downset, Cavendish, EBH, (Wiggins?), but they keep some very strong riders as Froome, Porte, Thomas, Stannard or Kennaught, and they got Nieve, Koning, Dombroski, as well, riders that showed before a big perform..

Buit anyway they have never been the best team of the year, as Movistar, nor in WT, not in CQR,...and GB has never been one of the best countries.

They were in 2008:15 th countrie (cqr), and for then on: 10,9 (team sky start), 7, 6, 6, 8.
Spain has just one team in WT. They use to be one the best teams and Spain the best countrie.
GB has just one team in WT: they use to be as well one of the best, but anyway in 2014 7th team. and GB 6-8 countrie.

SKy has more money than Movistar.. conspiracy with SKY? has sense? They should have better result.. maybe we in Spain are a superior race or our marvellous food and hight medium altitude do miracles. Maybe.

The only thing with SKy is that some people cant understand that Wiggins had a good capacity for climbing and three weeks, but he was in the track, and at the same time start the rise of Froome,who was promising in 2008 but next too years he dont confirm his progression, but as I writted, has an explanation. Without that nobody talked of SKY in a conspiracy mode, becouse there is not reason, but they are going to pay that maybe forever for a lot ot people.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Taxus4a said:
Of course SKY was the pioneer in a lot of things in the new cycling. I am not a SKY fan but this is something I should acknowledgem as all the cycling acknoeledge.

Now, most of teams has copied most of his things, so there is not advantage, as well as some of his big names are now in other teams: Rigo, Rogers, Gerrans, Downset, Cavendish, EBH, (Wiggins?), but they keep some very strong riders as Froome, Porte, Thomas, Stannard or Kennaught, and they got Nieve, Koning, Dombroski, as well, riders that showed before a big perform..

Buit anyway they have never been the best team of the year, as Movistar, nor in WT, not in CQR,...and GB has never been one of the best countries.

They were in 2008:15 th countrie (cqr), and for then on: 10,9 (team sky start), 7, 6, 6, 8.
Spain has just one team in WT. They use to be one the best teams and Spain the best countrie.
GB has just one team in WT: they use to be as well one of the best, but anyway in 2014 7th team. and GB 6-8 countrie.

SKy has more money than Movistar.. conspiracy with SKY? has sense? They should have better result.. maybe we in Spain are a superior race or our marvellous food and hight medium altitude do miracles. Maybe.

The only thing with SKy is that some people cant understand that Wiggins had a good capacity for climbing and three weeks, but he was in the track, and at the same time start the rise of Froome,who was promising in 2008 but next too years he dont confirm his progression, but as I writted, has an explanation. Without that nobody talked of SKY in a conspiracy mode, becouse there is not reason, but they are going to pay that maybe forever for a lot ot people.

yes taxus. Sky were first, Richie told us, we are just tolling the bells up here in this thread.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
mrhender said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Rollthedice said:
"We were the first to use horse steroids, now even the horses are using it" - Richie Porte

The winner... in my opinion.

Yes, That is quite funny...

As an aside note horse racing has introduced the ABP..
And I'am not joking...

Ofc, as Porte would say "We were the first with the ABP, now even animals do it"

how about horse trailers?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

doperhopper said:
how about horse trailers?

we were the first to use anti-doping trailers and protocols for anti-doping for dear wiggo, now everyone is doing it

sounds legit
good grief
_82873429_468655601.jpg

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Re:

TheGreenMonkey said:
"We were the first to protect team leaders from sprinters crashing and now everyone is doing it" - Richie Porte

So that's what this was - getting a dangerous sprinter away from a team leader before any damage could be done

giro_2010_st10_HENDERSON_FROOME1.jpg

Per the "protocol"

"I was the first to pace Contador up mountains, and now everyone is doing it" --Richard Porte

TRENDING THREADS