• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rujano can win this Giro, believes Savio

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Look at this... Is from an Interview that Savio gave to Velonation and was posted this morning...

Whatever happens, though, it appears that his career is back on track. According to team manager Gianni Savio, he has found his balance again with the team he competed with during that 2005 Giro. He believes that has mad the difference, and will doubtlessly work with his rider to ensure he keeps improving.

“We know Jose Rujano very well…when he was in other teams, he lost something,” he said. “I think that with us, he is well and also I think that he now has another mentality. He also other men who follow him. Now his manager is a friend of mine, and I think that now he has the right equilibrium.

Part of Rujano’s problems before were said to have stemmed from his-then agent, who Savio claimed was giving him bad advice. He appears to be back on track and, as Savio said prior to his win on the stage 13 to Grossglockner, he is just one of three strong climbers on the team.

For those of You wondering why Rujano has been riding so great lately...
Rujano is already in the Top 5 with the podium insight! ;)

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I really hope Rujano stays in Europe and stays good now rather than waiting for the next time Zomegnan decides to include Finestre, to perform again.

He will dont worry... He loves to ride Il Giro and with Androni He will have that opportunity every year cuz Androni rides it every year... He is leader and has plenty of freedom in the team, also having ppl like Ochoa, Jackson, Jonathan and Serpa helps a lot... Savio has put his career in the good path again!

These next three days are probably harder than we think.

230km today, tomorrow is probably the easiest with only 150km and Ganda. Then another 200km on Friday. Mottarone has some difficult sections, and Macugnaga is probably harder than its been credit for, with the last 10km @ 5.9%, it's probably about the same as Montevergine.

Then on Saturday, they have 200km of grinding on the flat before they hit Finestre. I will not be surprised if we see a few changes to the top10.

In 2005 the climbed to the top of Sestriere first before going down to Finestre, but it started at 150km done (with 50km of descent in the lead in). I'd probably say the 200km flat will take more out of their legs?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
@ hitch's post. wow, at least he is confident i guess...
I'd also like to see him stay tho, maybe try some more races. Hopefully androni can get invited to some more races.

edit: savio was wrong, very.

ufff this weather is no good for rujanito.terrible day for him.after those cold days,it seems that he got sick and now he's on antibiotics.i don't think his body is suited for this part of the season weather.all this cold and rain harm his little body.and i know what i'm talking about,i'm 1.70 m and 58 kilos but in my best condition in the summer when i ride my bike 5-6 days/a week i'm at 54-55.i hate the cold and rain,locks my body.but give me those 40 degrees celsius and i'm a happy man

in other news,i've heard from an italian friend,rujano's popularity in italy has skyrocketed.he's loved by all the people,they adopted him big time.you also can hear the crowds when rujano is signing,they love him.
but seriously,rujano should have the chance to ride at his best only on july and august.that's the perfect weather for him.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
today he was also in second part of the peloton , when pinotti and lewis crashed.
the peloton splitted and he had to work very hard to close the gap and reach the group with the gc contenders at the beginning of the last climb.
then he payed the effort.

we will see tomorrow if he is able to do something.
i hope he can stay in the top ten at the end of the giro.
i want him and kruswijjk in the top ten, menchow out

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I dont see him leaving Savio and besides, even Hazuki says Rujao needs to be preparing for something for like a year to do well.

If he did Vuelta i fear it would be like his 06 and 08 Giros.

he doesn't need to prepare a long time to do great. he just needs a great base, which means much training in off season but with that he can be good for an entire year as he did in 2005, after giro he also did great. problem is now andorni doesn't ride too much anymore but rujano will probably do vuelta colombia and maybe venezuela

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
he will be in topshape after giro. look at how well riders after a giro do races like dauphinee (szmyd). but colombia is 16 days, so we will see how he does

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
he will be in topshape after giro. look at how well riders after a giro do races like dauphinee (szmyd). but colombia is 16 days, so we will see how he does

yeah I don't think Smzyd is enough to make that claim plausable.
I refuse to believe that anyone could be in top shape after the giro.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
just some guy said:
Why not just give Savio some money I´m sure there is room for another sponsors name ;)

yeah I'm thinking the same. that's what they might do and make it a venezuelan team like it used to be a colombian team in 90s until 2003

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
please dont put chavez in all these. As a Venezuelan and most Venezuelans we would hate Chavez gettin his hands in the world of cycling.... effin communist. He is jus a BS talker. Look at the conditions of the last vuelta al tachira, the road are just full of holes and destroyed, riders even stopped in various stages due to the road conditions. Almost every Venezuelan would hate androni with venezuelan money. F*** CHAVEZ

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think any investment in cycling can only be a good thing! It could help grow the sport hugely in the country! I'm sure he could spend a lot money on other things , oil costs a lot you know!! Viva Chavez!

malanb said:
please dont put chavez in all these. As a Venezuelan and most Venezuelans we would hate Chavez gettin his hands in the world of cycling.... effin communist. He is jus a BS talker. Look at the conditions of the last vuelta al tachira, the road are just full of holes and destroyed, riders even stopped in various stages due to the road conditions. Almost every Venezuelan would hate androni with venezuelan money. F*** CHAVEZ

they does not seem to have a problem with Maldonado being bought into F1 for 14 million $ a year...

at least as far as I know he is quite popular in Venezuela, isn't he? I've never been there, it's just what a friend of mine told me.

TRENDING THREADS