• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rujano can win this Giro, believes Savio

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
It was more than 1 km, the peloton wasn't riding, and Cunego is in crap shape.

Didn't Cunego get dropped by his 2 break-away compagions on stage 15? Getting dropped by the great climber Losada. Ouch.

Rujano's attack on the other stage was pathetic as well, but clearly Ryo thinks otherwise.

El Pistolero said:
Didn't Cunego get dropped by his 2 break-away compagions on stage 15? Getting dropped by the great climber Losada. Ouch.

Rujano's attack on the other stage was pathetic as well, but clearly Ryo thinks otherwise.

I agree about the Rujano part but as regards Cunego and losada, Cunego was working on his own for 30k while they were following him. No surprise he was weak by the time they hit the final climb.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I agree about the Rujano part but as regards Cunego and losada, Cunego was working on his own for 30k while they were following him. No surprise he was weak by the time they hit the final climb.

Well, I only watched the final 28km, so don't know what he did before that. Still, it's not something you expect to happen if he had great form.

Haha, classic Pistolero :D

I do think Cunego didn't spend that much in the break, though. The break clearly stopped pulling hard (around the time Ulissi started ulissing it up?), and that's why the gap to Rabottini remained the same for so long. And Cunego barely made it in the front group in stages that should suit him in theory.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I do know that a great climber would have dropped Losada no matter what. And sorry for not watching the full length of the Giro di Bore. Got better things to do. ;)

He has been crap in all other stages as well.

What I saw was Rujano ride away from the bunch and the bunch not react.
In other words, their tempo remained the same.
Cunego came across, couldn't hold the wheel, drop, get back on, then drop away again.
Since Cunego then caught and passed Rujano, within the first km or two of the descent, it's as easy to speculate that Damiano wasn't too bothered about staying on Jose's wheel, when approaching the summit.

Whichever way you chose to look at Cunego on that climb, riding away from the bunch when allowed to, does not constitute an incredible attack.

His performance since that day, supports this context.

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
hrotha said:
I don't have Rome anymore but I do have Medieval 2, Empire and Napoleon. Maybe some forum battles are in order.

Empire is the one I own, Grand Campaign isnt possible on multiplayer right :(?

On topic: Rujano might be in problems if the weather is horrid again.. :(

I'm a huge EU3 fan. :p
(Only played HoI2 and it didn't do it for me)

My concern is that, even if Rujano is good, he's lost enough time that the favourites won't try to follow him, so his chances of blowing the whole race up are diminished. But just like Cunego is into long-range attacks, we might see others like Urán or Nieve accompanying him.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
If rujano attacks now he will get freedom, and ryo will act like the next 12 months that rujano was merely on a different planet.

hrotha said:
I don't have Rome anymore but I do have Medieval 2, Empire and Napoleon. Maybe some forum battles are in order.

epic, love these games. I generally love rts/strategy games tho.
I remember loving medieval. Never got into the next additions tho.

TRENDING THREADS