• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sassi?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
JMBeaushrimp said:
Torri wants to outlaw doping as much as Samaranch (ex IOC pres) did. Samaranch's attitude was to end all doping controls as it effected the perceived holiness of the Olympics. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Just because some bureaucrat can't see a method to fight his way out of a wet paper bag doesn't mean the fight should end. These are vested interests talking...

It's big business, afterall.

Oh but it is big business protecting doping. If anything Torri realizes he's peeing against the wind. In the end, you always get ****ed on. ;)

But the fight won't stop anyway, if anything, there's always business in that too.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I think Torri's comments about legalising doping were firmly tongue in cheek and said as such, but read from the page or screen dont appear as that.

We all know what kind of a path sports would enter if it were to legalise doping, a freaking freak show, and it's bad enough now with the performances of Cancellara and the looks of Evans.....:rolleyes:

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
If you read the article on cyclingnews he admitted that it wasn't cheating in those days but it was a short cut. I doubt a guy who has a brain tumor and a guy who doesn't know how long he has left would fly half way across the world for a dpoing conference if he didn't feel passionate about speaing out about doping. He isn't actually working with Ricco but offered to help him get back on track.

No I agree, I guy with a terminal tumor does go anywhere to promote a business, he goes a long way only for more genuine reasons.