• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Some diehard Armstrong fans now turning their back on him and Livestrong

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
No sympathy from me towards the heart-broken fans. They refused to look up the facts themselves. They chose to live in a fantasy world regarding this sad excuse for a lowlife. They ridiculed those who spoke truthfully about Armstrong. Now they weep. I say, "Shame on you!"

To those who still believe, I say, "you are a bloody idiot."

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Big Daddy said:
Twitter has been blowing up all day with reaction to the evidence regarding Armstrong's doping conspiracy. A lot of his supporters still believe in his innocence, but as this page shows many former Armstrong fans are now admitting that he was not the man they thought.

CBC news w/ collection of thousands of tweets from former Armstrong / Livestrong supporters:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2012/10/fans-heartbroken-by-damning-lance-armstrong-report.html
Thanks for the link. So much support for lance, and hate towards his critics still....but here are some people who see it the way I do. Makes me feel better. :)

This is brilliant.

click

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
http://www.facebook.com/lancearmstrong

I've just been on there for a look and he is being slaughtered by nearly every one, I almost felt sorry for him. I could only do that if he was stripped of everything his cheating career has delivered. The problem now is for the children and their future. They may be better off away from him, no I am not joking!! I didn't expect this thread to appear or the turnaround to be so fast although it is totally obvious now in a way that was somehow covered up in the past!!

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
D Avoid said:

I've just been on there for a look and he is being slaughtered by nearly every one, I almost felt sorry for him. I could only do that if he was stripped of everything his cheating career has delivered. The problem now is for the children and their future. They may be better off away from him, no I am not joking!! I didn't expect this thread to appear or the turnaround to be so fast although it is totally obvious now in a way that was somehow covered up in the past!!

What he's getting on FB isn't even close to what I wish on this guy. This is not even close to what he deserves.

I have never wished so much harm on a person before in my life. LA has completely destroyed the sport I love so much, and I don't know if cycling will ever completely recover from 7 years of no TdF winner. And the lives and careers he has destroyed. He's the stink under God's nose.

He deserves so much worse to happen to him.

Get Lance of twitter too i hope followed him for little while the crap he would come out with. How is it ok he worked with alcohol company yet had it out for tobacco. Alcohol destorys lives to doesnt he know.

Selfish, self centred narrnowm minded doper from texas.

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
TheEnoculator said:
What he's getting on FB isn't even close to what I wish on this guy. This is not even close to what he deserves.

I have never wished so much harm on a person before in my life. LA has completely destroyed the sport I love so much, and I don't know if cycling will ever completely recover from 7 years of no TdF winner. And the lives and careers he has destroyed. He's the stink under God's nose.

Agree completely. Armstrong is a liar and a coward. He is also proof that years of lieing, cheating, stealing, harassing, and threatening people will get you fame and millions in riches. The dude is set for life. He deserves none of the fame or fortune. What he deserves is public ridicule, as well as the same vindictive treatment he doled out to so many people over all these past years.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
TheEnoculator said:
LA has completely destroyed the sport I love so much, and I don't know if cycling will ever completely recover from 7 years of no TdF winner.
hyperbole. The sport was well and truly down the EPO sinkhole before Armstrong.

Big Daddy said:
He is also proof that years of lying, cheating, stealing, harassing, and threatening people will get you fame and millions in riches...He deserves none of the fame or fortune. What he deserves is public ridicule, as well as the same vindictive treatment he doled out to so many people over all these past years.
This right here sums up why I belong on the "haters" camp. I couldn't have wrote it better myself. And this is the damned shame of it all, indicative of our society as a whole.

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
This right here sums up why I belong on the "haters" camp. I couldn't have wrote it better myself. And this is the damned shame of it all, indicative of our society as a whole.

Unfortunately, Armstrong is gonna come out of this completely filthy rich. He already is. All the while putting so many others at serious financial difficulty. Many people won't ever work in sport anymore because of the influence Armstrong has had in cycling.

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
would be interesting to know where exactly the assets and the cash flow is. Ie how much is sponsorship endorsements, appearance fees, how much Livestrong, etc.

I for one would like to see more media attention to be on the Livestrong deceipt, so people stop opening their wallets for that. Many many people still saying yes he doped and he cheated but he did a lot of good for cancer. That nonsense needs to stop. Would be too bad if LA comes out the other end back to a cushy business that still delivers for him.

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
D Avoid said:

OMG! Now, that is f-ing hilarious. Armstrong is taking a beating from his former fans on his own Facebook page! Thanks for the link.

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
TheEnoculator said:

While I'm no Armstrong fan, isn't that a wee bit overboard? He was only one doper among, well, probably just about all of them, and most certainly all of the big names over that time period. It's a big blow to the sport when the big guns fall but Armstrong alone hasn't "completely destroyed the sport", the sport is doing ok and will survive.

Besides, if it hadn't of been Armstrong winning those Tours, it would've been another doper - Pantani, Ullrich, Zulle, Kloden, Basso, take your pick. Would that have made any difference? We'd still have ended up with 7 years of no TdF winner.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
VeloCity said:
While I'm no Armstrong fan, isn't that a wee bit overboard? He was only one doper among, well, probably just about all of them, and most certainly all of the big names over that time period. It's a big blow to the sport when the big guns fall but Armstrong alone hasn't "completely destroyed the sport", the sport is doing ok and will survive.

Besides, if it hadn't of been Armstrong winning those Tours, it would've been another doper - Pantani, Ullrich, Zulle, Kloden, Basso, take your pick. Would that have made any difference? We'd still have ended up with 7 years of no TdF winner.

Armstrong ain't no ordinary doper. He also coerced others to dope, trafficked drugs, threatened others about coming forward, bullied his teammates into doping or they'd be kicked off the team, getting his ex-wife involved in storing and preparing the drugs. He even administered the drugs to one of his teammates.

The guy is a drug dealer, and the ringleader of a huge doping program. He turned cycling into drug cartel, literally.

At least the other dopers just doped and lied and denied. Armstrong is way worse than all of them combined, so he deserves way worse than what happened to others. That's why he got a life-time ban.

So no, I don't think I'm overboard.