• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

State of the Peloton 2024

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This is my missing link as I'm shocked about how socially inept they seem overall.

I should have connected those dots, as I remember the day I thought Rasmussen was innocent 🫨😆
We like the sport, so ofcourse we largely started out wanting to believe too. Then it's a matter of do you A) abandon the sport because omg dopers B) lie to yourself everyone has plausible deniability everyone is cleanz now and disgusting dopers always happened 20 year ago or C) embrace our lord and savior Riccardo Ricco

Clinic warning to kids, do you want to end up looking like this? :D

GQNv5fLXgAAz7kj

Reactions: QueenStagiaire
On the topic of the 'state of the peloton' I say Jorgenson will be the standout revelation of the TdF & he'll be on the podium. Everyone is sleeping on this guy but his level since he signed has been very impressive.

I also think people spend too much time looking at Jonas Vingegaard whilst forgetting once-upon-a-time Vinge himself was an unknown quantity in the Tour & destined to play a support role, just like Jorgenson is now.

What I'm saying is stop looking at the riders & start looking at the people who make the riders. In that respect Jorgenson is shaping up nicely to be Visma's brand new GT winner in the coming years. He's got it all: power, climbing & even a decent sprint.

I also think it will suit Visma nicely if UAE & others focus on Vingegaard whilst forgetting Jorgenson exists.

Tour de France trivia for those that like a good police raid on a hotel - Bahrain's 2021 "experience" -
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/peloton/comments/okolvc/police_raid_bahrain_victorious_hotel_at_tour_de/?rdt=37264

"...the hotel in question, the Novotel de Lescar - located not far from Pau - is already well known to the Tour's followers, and not necessarily for very good reasons. It is in this same hotel that Michael Rasmussen stayed when he was forced to leave the Tour in 2007. It is also where Alberto Contador was staying when he tested positive for clenbuterol in 2010."
No police raid since the Danish police jumped the gun in 2022 with a Bahrain "follow up" and if you're taking something you should n't, don't stay at the Novotel de Lescar!

Reactions: pastronef
google translation of a post on the Italian BDC-forum

Nowadays only poor people tahe HGH and they are the ones anti-doping looking for , a lot of peptides and SARMs have come out that have fewer sides, they work better and many have a half-life of a couple of hours, you take them at departure and upon arrival, even if they look for them, they won't find them. Do a search on peptides and SARMs and a world will open up to you, there are ones for all your needs, from those that increase HGH, testo, to those to speed up recovery. To say HGH they call it a hormone it's actually a peptide but how effective is it?! SARMs, being selective modulators of androgen receptors, target only what interests you, for example increase in muscle and zero prostate problems and etc. unlike the testo which stimulates all the receptors present everywhere in the body. New SARMs and peptides are born practically every day, many of them very expensive and with zero tests and documentation so who knows what sides they will give after years of use but at the moment they work and this is more than enough for them.

google translation of a post on the Italian BDC-forum

Nowadays only poor people tahe HGH and they are the ones anti-doping looking for , a lot of peptides and SARMs have come out that have fewer sides, they work better and many have a half-life of a couple of hours, you take them at departure and upon arrival, even if they look for them, they won't find them. Do a search on peptides and SARMs and a world will open up to you, there are ones for all your needs, from those that increase HGH, testo, to those to speed up recovery. To say HGH they call it a hormone it's actually a peptide but how effective is it?! SARMs, being selective modulators of androgen receptors, target only what interests you, for example increase in muscle and zero prostate problems and etc. unlike the testo which stimulates all the receptors present everywhere in the body. New SARMs and peptides are born practically every day, many of them very expensive and with zero tests and documentation so who knows what sides they will give after years of use but at the moment they work and this is more than enough for them.
Frankly it's the other way around, most of the more famous SARMS are the cheaper alternative and often rather easy to detect and they are still supressing your Test and have at least some side effects.
Now peptides is another ball game, but a growth hormone secretagoge like Ibutamoren/Mk-677 (not a peptide) is seen as the cheaper alternative to HGH.

Expensive peptides and maybe some designer drug stuff to make them pretty much undetectable for regular anti-doping for the top riders on the top teams sounds plausible to me, but regular SARMS are gymbro stuff and only low level riders get caught on stuff like Ostarine (for example).

Sounds more like an ad for a SARMS/peptide selling online shop, tbh.

Bora has now doing their riders (for example Kämna) rehab at the Red Bull Performance Centre, the one that is run by Bernd Pansold.
You know, just the East German doctor who was convicted for doing underage female swimmers who says that Doping is a relic of the Cold War and no longer happening...
Damn, I knew that the Red Bull guys were conservative but I didn‘t know they still have an 82 year-old who‘s stuck in the Cold War do their performance science.

SARMs are mostly testosterone suppressants and have to be cycled with proper blood-work (2 on 1 off is the most common). A lot of the kids taking them at the moment because they're legal and widely available in England, not knowing what they are doing and rocking up to A+E with elevated liver enzymes. They aren't approved for medical treatment and can **** you up if misused, despite tiktokkers presenting them as some sort of wonder-drug with no side-effects.

If you want to beat the tests, stuff like Andarine (half-life 4 hours) might be your best bet, but it could trigger the Biopassport depending on what they are looking at. If you are just weightlifting or cycling recreationally, based on the available research, Ostarine is what you want, not the most potent by any means but generally reports the least amount of side effects, though it would be difficult to use in competition, many UFC fighters and Boxers have been popped for it.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are in use as they are effective and easily available, but I'm not sure how they would go about subverting the biopassport as they can and will screw with your blood values.

SARMs are mostly testosterone suppressants and have to be cycled with proper blood-work (2 on 1 off is the most common). A lot of the kids taking them at the moment because they're legal and widely available in England, not knowing what they are doing and rocking up to A+E with elevated liver enzymes. They aren't approved for medical treatment and can **** you up if misused, despite tiktokkers presenting them as some sort of wonder-drug with no side-effects.

If you want to beat the tests, stuff like Andarine (half-life 4 hours) might be your best bet, but it could trigger the Biopassport depending on what they are looking at. If you are just weightlifting or cycling recreationally, based on the available research, Ostarine is what you want, not the most potent by any means but generally reports the least amount of side effects, though it would be difficult to use in competition, many UFC fighters and Boxers have been popped for it.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are in use as they are effective and easily available, but I'm not sure how they would go about subverting the biopassport as they can and will screw with your blood values.
Sperafico on Vini-Zabù was busted for Ostarine in 2020, if people on Scinto's team got popped for it it was low level stuff...

• Haha
Reactions: Tim Cahill