• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Summer Games Paris 2024

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
View: https://x.com/TeamGB/status/1816745814456172815

if they had announced this on time (until July 8th), the now empty spot would have gone to Japan (as far as I can see). Also Colombia didn't use their allocated spot.

edit: Martinez is a DNS "due to administrative problems", so he has a better excuse. He didn't get his passport back from the Canadian authorities, were he applied for a visa (potentially for GPCQM).

Glad to see that Canada's passport authority's sluggishness extends to foreign nationals as well!

Glad to see that Canada's passport authority's sluggishness extends to foreign nationals as well!
They almost managed to cancel the World Championship Candidates Chess Tournament earlier this year:

Aren’t tickets to anything extremely hard to come by? I have a friend whose took her adults kids to Paris on a lark and went through a lottery to get tickets and wound up with events she didn’t particularly care to see. I’m guessing there is an aftermarket (scalping)?

Aren’t tickets to anything extremely hard to come by? I have a friend whose took her adults kids to Paris on a lark and went through a lottery to get tickets and wound up with events she didn’t particularly care to see. I’m guessing there is an aftermarket (scalping)?
But would that be true for the TT and road races—given they cover dozens of kms of real estate?

For road cycling there were only tickets for sale for the finish area (all gone now) for the price of 24 euros.

There are some places still available for other sports tho. Fancy watching the 100m final? Available tickets start at 525 euros.

Road races are gonna be so ******* weird with such a small peloton, a quarter of which is meme riders, and no race radios. The # of domestiques is extremely small, so I expect it to barely be about parcours even and just a long sort of elimination race of not missing front groups and splits.

The format is so absurdly good for Evenepoel it's kinda hilarious.
Which edition of Olympic road race [since, ikd...whenever] had the largest peloton?
Which was the most exciting? [2012, obviously, b/c Vino won! :D]

Reactions: Sandisfan
Prediction: 1. Tarling, 2. Remco, 3. Pippo.

Margins are very small, but all the details are in favour of Tarling. He's been prepping specifically for this for a very long time, parcours is to his liking, he doesn't carry fatigue, even the tarmac - or lack thereof - seem to be in his favour. An 80 kg behemoth should have less of a problem bouncing around on all the bumps and cracks on the Parisian roads than a featherweight.

Last edited:
Prediction: 1. Tarling, 2. Remco, 3. Pippo.

Margins are very small, but all the details are in favour of Tarling. He's been prepping specifically for this for a very long time, parcours is to his liking, he doesn't carry fatigue, even the tarmac - or lack thereof - seem to be in his favour. An 80 kg behemoth should have less of a problem bouncing around on all the bumps and cracks on the Parisian roads than a featherweight.
Doesn’t everything also hold for Ganna?

And they weren't able to find a higher number of female riders?
From what I understand, it's also because they're lumbing all the cyclist disciplines together, and don't want "too many" cyclists, whatever that means...

BTW, I vote that we make this the All-Purpose Olympic Road Cycling Thread.

Number one is the total amount of athletes allowed at the Olympics and secondly equality of the sexes.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan