• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 663 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
No, i didn't said that. I said he was going to the Tour if he was able to start in decent shape, and be able to peak in the last week.

If we don't count "injuries", it's 1-0 to Vingegaard at the moment.

Let's not forget Vingegaard was "injured" in 2021.

In 2022, nobody was injured, so 1-0, if we also don’t count last year because Pogacar was "injured".
Yes, you did. Don't play the troll game with me. No, it is 2-1 for Vingegaard. Did injuries play a role last year? Yes, I do. We saw how Pogacar was unconsistent last year.
Did injuries play a role this year? Yes, I do, even bigger than last year IMHO. For me it is 2-1 for Vingegaard and my opinion will not change even if Pogacar wins the Tour, Vingegaard is the best GT rider but don't say something like he is by far the best GT rider, that's not true, we see how close they are for 4 straight years. It is just trolling at his highest level saying Vingegaard is by far better than Pogacar and this type of comments should be taken into account by mods because instigate conflicts between users.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vudy and Miha81
Yes, you did. Don't play the troll game with me. No, it is 2-1 for Vingegaard. Did injuries play a role last year? Yes, I do. We saw how Pogacar was unconsistent last year.
Did injuries play a role this year? Yes, I do, even bigger than last year IMHO. For me it is 2-1 for Vingegaard and my opinion will not change even if Pogacar wins the Tour, Vingegaard is the best GT rider but don't say something like he is by the best GT rider, that's not true, we see how close they are for 4 straight years. It is just trolling at his highest level saying Vingegaard is by far better than Pogacar and this type of comments should be taken into account by mods because instigate conflicts between users.
Yes, in Grand Tours Vingegaard is the best GT rider.

Obviously in one day races Pogacar is way better than Vingegaard.

Nevertheless, i already praised here the perfomances of Pogacar on Galiber and yesterday in the ITT. He did great.

Nevertheless, i already praised here the perfomances of Pogacar on Galiber and yesterday in the ITT. He did great.
I think u call him mountain sprinter something like that, i think its kinda harsh when in reallity Pogi is one of the greatest climbers ever

No hes not. Winning 1 GT vs pogacar who had a broken wrist and no training and a tour where he wasnt even the captain or Pogacar focus dont make you that at all.:tearsofjoy: He literally has 1 GT vs a pogacar who was hurt and another where he wasnt the captain.:laughing:

He has 2 GT many other riders here in this peleton with more sorry to burst your bubble.

Reactions: snipeheem
I think u call him mountain sprinter something like that
What's the problem? It worked on Galibier. Every rider should do what suits better against his rival.

I just said Pogacar attacks more later, close to the finish line against Vingegaard. In other races is different, but it's not a depreciation. It worked on Galibier, since he had a gap, and increased on the descend. I even praised emirates and Pogacar tatics on that stage. They prepared very well the stage.

No hes not. Winning 1 GT vs pogacar who had a broken wrist and no training and a tour where he wasnt even the captain or Pogacar focus dont make you that at all.:tearsofjoy: He literally has 1 GT vs a pogacar who was hurt and another where he wasnt the captain.:laughing:

He has 2 GT many other riders here in this peleton with more sorry to burst your bubble.
You talked about Grand Tours with "injuries".

I'm not counting by that logic, last year's Tour, just like i not counting the Tour 2021 when Vingegaard was "injured".

We just count the Tour 2022 by that logic. Being captain or not, is not relevant.

Being the best is different from BY FAR the best. This is blatantly trolling specially when Vingegaard and Pogacar have the same amount of Tours and Pogacar is almost 2 years younger.

You talked about Grand Tours with "injuries".

I'm not counting by that logic, last year's Tour, just like i not counting the Tour 2021 when Vingegaard was "injured".

We just count the Tour 2022 by that logic. Being captain or not, is not relevant.
I might be younger than you but I have never seen Vingegaard alone beeing able to do anything to Pogacar without his team effort in 2022 not vingegaard when Pogacar wasnt hurt so what your typing is just funny to me respectfully. Lets see him stick to his wheel more than 600 meter without completety blowing like we saw now and weve seen everyone else do when they try. Also Pogacar is doing the Giro-Tour double which noone been able to do and he beeing this strong now in the Tour I would clearly say hes the best GT rider weve seen in ages. For me atleast wether or not your trolling i dont know either tbh:tearsofjoy: but okei to disagree.

Reactions: snipeheem
And Vingegaard accurately stated he took 7 minutes in 2 stages last year.
B_AiI9_XIAA67_t.jpg

If you have a different opinion of mine, i will not tell you that you are trolling.
You can have a different opinion but you can't say he is by far the best. That's trolling. There is no evidence/fact supporting the idea of Vingegaard being by far the best.
So for now on, someone says Cavendish is a better climber than Vingegaard and I have to accept his opinion and not call him a troll for saying that because "it is his opinion". Of course I will not accept!! Please don't become a new Taxus. Taxus spent years in this forum claiming Purito and Landa were better climbers than Contador and how he wasn't a world class climber.

What's the problem? It worked on Galibier. Every rider should do what suits better against his rival.

I just said Pogacar attacks more later, close to the finish line against Vingegaard. In other races is different, but it's not a depreciation. It worked on Galibier, since he had a gap, and increased on the descend. I even praised emirates and Pogacar tatics on that stage. They prepared very well the stage.
I think arguing who the best is by pointing out their past performances isn't the right way to go. We just have to wait for a week to see who is where and if 2024 pog doesn't annihilate jonas on his terrain (not by 10 sec but minutes) then i think u have every right to say "jonas is by far the best GT rider"

I think arguing who the best is by pointing out their past performances isn't the right way to go. We just have to wait for a week to see who is where and if 2024 pog doesn't annihilate jonas on his terrain (not by 10 sec but minutes) then i think u have every right to say "jonas is by far the best GT rider"
If a injured Vingegaard wins the Tour again, i think will be hard to have doubts about that, for anyone.

What do people expect from the stage tomorrow? Purely survival day for me I dont think its selective enough for Pogacar to do Strade things at all, not even close also if thats the case the team part is more important than individual as if its not selective enough its important to have a team which are good in this terrain should you have a flat or mechanical. I see other teams with more strenght in numbers in this particular terrain.
What do people expect from tomorrow stage?

What do people expect from the stage tomorrow? Purely survival day for me I dont think its selective enough for Pogacar to do Strade things at all, not even close also if thats the case the team part is more important than individual as if its not selective enough its important to have a team which are good in this terrain should you have a flat or mechanical. I see other teams with more strenght in numbers in this particular terrain.
What do people expect from tomorrow stage?
I think UAE play defense, it's just before a rest day and they're where they want to be on GC.