• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tadej Pogacar and Mauro Giannetti

Page 273 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
You can absolutely not know it. You're here only promoting the UAE:s pr narrative of somesort of super metabolism that apperead after he joined the team. And it even got so much better all the sudden this year. If you take 10k pro athletes, there's not going to be one invidual with hugely superior lactate clearance or what ever marginal ganes kind of narrative they're trying to sell, to give us a believable explanation.
I don't think Pogacar has a clear better program than everyone else and you are trying to sell he is getting a free pass to full dope when others aren't allowed too and that explains this gigantic gap.

Why not?

If we look at bodybuilding, where they can use all the drugs they want, it's easy to find guys that were vastly superior to the rest. Ronnie Coleman, Phil Heath... they weren't using anything different from everybody else and they were still much better for several years. Even to this day they're considered much better.

Whatever Pogacar/UAE are doing is not that different from Visma. Pogacar just responds better to whatever they are doing.
Spot on. Had to be a portuguese woman to make this wonderful post.

Look at Usain Bolt. All the other 20 fastest 100m runners of his era were all busted at some point. Bolt always skated clean. Like you can't be serious.
Some are just more natural gifted than others. How is that new. Why I didnt win the Tour. Pogacar is the best talent/ natural gifted since Merckx and even above him, the guy won TDF at age 20. Just enjoy the show.

Reactions: Salvarani
Why not?

If we look at bodybuilding, where they can use all the drugs they want, it's easy to find guys that were vastly superior to the rest. Ronnie Coleman, Phil Heath... they weren't using anything different from everybody else and they were still much better for several years. Even to this day they're considered much better.

Whatever Pogacar/UAE are doing is not that different from Visma. Pogacar just responds better to whatever they are doing.
You can't compare bodybuilding to cycling, the bodybuilder wins on a certain horific unuantifiable aesthetic, the cyclist on quantifiable time/speed. Anyway Arnold looked way better :p, because afterward it just became too exaggerated. Arnold was a Lysippus statue, Coleman a digitalized Hulk.

In terms of cycling, can we really say Armstrong was more naturally gifted than Ullrich or was he on the best program? Lance didn't pay Ferrari a million to work exclusively for himself for nothing. To me, Jan had superior physiology. This is what makes it impossible to know where Pog really stands in the mother nature apartment, in my opinion.

Reactions: E_F_ and pastronef
Humm ... tell us more. I'd have to check it out, but is that not the same as refusing to pee in a cup after a race?
There was an overhead shot right after the finish of WCRR last Sunday. It was discusses on these pages a week ago. The link was also posted by someone in response to a similar request. You can go back and find it. As to your question, yes, that appears to be quite similar. Look like the said commissaire was a relative newb not yet informed of the current "unwritten" rules of the game/circus.

It needs to be said here: UAE may well have access to lighter, smaller, more powerful, more efficient motors/drivetrains/batteries, than anyone else. Also their money may simply allow them to get away with more than the rest.