• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tadej Pogacar and Mauro Giannetti

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Even Kirby's normally hysterical commentary is muted after that crushing performance. Brian Smith said it will go down as one of the greatest performances in the history of the Tour de France yet Kirby barely raised his voice in commentary when he is normally shouting and screaming on even a mundane stage of a second rate world tour race.

kirby is a tool. how excited did he get during ventoux 2013? he's a homer and a moron.

Reactions: Scarponi and topt
Even Kirby's normally hysterical commentary is muted after that crushing performance. Brian Smith said it will go down as one of the greatest performances in the history of the Tour de France yet Kirby barely raised his voice in commentary when he is normally shouting and screaming on even a mundane stage of a second rate world tour race.
It's telling when some of the journos just don't know how to react

Sinopharm may not give great covid immunity, but it sure as hell make riders go fast.

FSU2EmmQF2UVW9yBvnHyc8-1024-80.jpeg.webp

Glad Pogačar is crushing everyone. I am tired of the usual Sky/Ineos dominance where every season there’s someone from that team winning a GT. It’s not like Pogačar was middling junior racer or someone that was 150th and then all of a sudden started winning tours with that god awful pedaling technique. Pogačar actually has talent.

Look; If they still didn't sanction Froome for his 3 min gap epic
they're hardly likely to collar Pog.

sLOVEnia
Froome, his Finestre attack was still plausible within the limits of how ridiculous he already was. You can put most of the "blame" for that 3 minute gap on how sick the Finestre is as a climb.

This just breaks everything. I don't remember Armstrong dropping everyone by 3 minutes on 50 minutes of climbing.

And for the ones saying best since Contador.. Contador wouldn't come close to this. Pogacar woudl probably put like 45s at least into Contador on Verbier and Verbier is a *** climb.

Froome, his Finestre attack was still plausible within the limits of how ridiculous he already was. You can put most of the "blame" for that 3 minute gap on how sick the Finestre is as a climb.

This just breaks everything. I don't remember Armstrong dropping everyone by 3 minutes on 50 minutes of climbing.

And for the ones saying best since Contador.. Contador wouldn't come close to this. Pogacar woudl probably put like 45s at least into Contador on Verbier and Verbier is a *** climb.

yeah not sure if he could top Contador's Etna

Pogacar is Pantani climbing spliced with Indurain (for TT power) & Armstrong sprinkled on top. With an extra 10% just for good measure. It's unheard of.

It's especially spectacular considering anyone in history who ever came close to this sort of massacre is now either dead, disgraced or at least demonstrably proven to have used PED's.

Wild times.

all I can say to cynics around here is, better get used to it, he is only 22 and will only get better
I really like this kid and how he races but I remember a time when Contador and Schleck were supposed to battle it out for 10 years. Ended up being what 2.5? (Tour 11 Contador was hampered by crashes and a giro in his legs and schelck was already somewhat waning in my opinion despite his galibier antics).

you never know what will happen

TRENDING THREADS