• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tadej Pogacar and Mauro Giannetti

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not true. They definitely let Sky/Ineos dominate for 6 years, except from 2014 when Froome crashed out. Pogacar can easily win 5-6 times and they won't care.

Its the hope keeping me going mate. I really dont know how many ”best rider ever” presenting himself each decade i can keep up with. Its beyond laughable at this point.

The difference with Sky/Froome/Wiggo domination is that it got shrugged under the pretext of a strong team, collective effort, ””marginal gains” and such. Bar the occasional alien effort à la Ventoux 2013 it was more the team that got the spotlight. Very much like the US Postal of old and i suppose that is easier to accept for the public. With Pogacar this guy is like a already juiced up Ricco on steroids, who destroys everything in sight and you dont get the feeling he’ll need a team doing so. Yesterday was more ridiculous then anything Froome ever did (with some few exceptions) and the sort of thing that cant go on for too long before it gets suspicious imo.

Its the hope keeping me going mate. I really dont know how many ”best rider ever” presenting himself each decade i can keep up with. Its beyond laughable at this point.

The difference with Sky/Froome/Wiggo domination is that it got shrugged under the pretext of a strong team, collective effort, ””marginal gains” and such. Bar the occasional alien effort à la Ventoux 2013 it was more the team that got the spotlight. Very much like the US Postal of old and i suppose that is easier to accept for the public. With Pogacar this guy is like a already juiced up Ricco on steroids, who destroys everything in sight and you dont get the feeling he’ll need a team doing so. Yesterday was more ridiculous then anything Froome ever did (with some few exceptions) and the sort of thing that cant go on for too long before it gets suspicious imo.
That's partially true, Skyneos won Tour 7 times with 4 different riders. Remarkable achievement.

From Thomas de Gendt's thread: De Gendt gave an interview saying he pushed a personal top 20 of 10-minute efforts at the beginning of yesterday's the stage. since his numbers are being archived in 2013 or 2014. He pushed the same numbers throughout the stage that he would otherwise push in a break. But in the beginning of the stage he was behind the peloton of 70 guys, and at the finish he was nearly 30 minutes behind Pogacar.

For all the people not impressed on Pogacar's time yesterday (on last two climbs). When you add:

• insane start (from what we saw on TV, above words of de Gendt)
  • relative small bunch, constant attacks (even Tadej himself)
  • cold and rain all day (more energy to warm body, increased rolling resistance...)
  • probably some headwind

This was not easy ride in peloton, resting all day till last two climbs and then attack.

Reactions: Fantastico
Yeah, I'm now convinced.

The Science of Lance Armstrong (TV Movie 2005) - IMDb

What is Lance Armstrong's secret? | Science | The Guardian

Lance Armstrong Through A Physiological Lens: Hard Training Boosts Muscle Power 8% -- ScienceDaily

Etc. etc, i.e. throw in some pie charts, medical science lingua & some data pulled from le cul & voilà, job done.

So let's see whether this is another boom bust cycle like the last one (i.e. when the rocket fuel of the early 1990's got more & more out of control until their eventual downfall mid 2000's).
I was thinking of all of those articles myself! Anything to try and support the extra terrestrial performances

Give it a rest.

Western Europe doesn't think of Slovenia as Western Europe. It's an Eastern European country, which is probably a hangover from the iron curtain/cold war/communism and so on, not its exact geographic position.
Whatever the reason, you throwing wikipedia links around doesn't change the fact.
tells me more about the education system in those countries than in which part of Europe Slovenia is; but good to know geography in "western Europe" is defined by political system

Please just stop it, because you’re really embarrassing yourself. I‘am fully aware that the most important part of your own national identity is the fairytale that Slovenia is somehow a part of Mitteleuropa and therefore doesn’t belong to the Balkans, but as you can see no one is buying that rubbish. By the way, with the story about the Non-Aligned movement you definitely didn’t prove anything, except that you’re completely ignorant. No one forced Slovenians to be part of Yugoslavia a hundred years ago, actually it was the complete opposite because you literally begged to be finally get rid of the K&K monarchy and join your South Slavic brothers from Croatia and Serbia. At the end of the day you gained your own independent state and therefore you should be grateful to your former country Yugoslavia, because otherwise you would’ve been just a minority somewhere in Austria like Slovenians from Carinthia. I’m so sorry but you can’t have it both ways…

TRENDING THREADS