• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tadej Pogacar and Mauro Giannetti

Page 159 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 23, 2023
Visit site
there should be police cars to take him to the police station and instead nothing, we continue talking and nothing. It will happen again and again.

urine was thrown at Froome, spat on and humiliated by journalists

I only read positive comments, the girls have wet panties and everyone else considers him a baby God. Is it a nightmare? Is this a Truman Show?

He It is destroying cycling, history and physiology. This scammer has a peak form that lasts 6 months, is this cycling?

The Arab money will keep him out of any doping problems, while us poor sods have yet to figure out what he and the fisherman are using.

He was in a flat stage said mister steak.

• Haha
Reactions: CleanCiclismo
there should be police cars to take him to the police station and instead nothing, we continue talking and nothing. It will happen again and again.

I only read positive comments, the girls have wet panties and everyone else considers him a baby God. Is it a nightmare? Is this a Truman Show?

He It is destroying cycling, history and physiology. This scammer has a peak form that lasts 6 months, is this cycling?

The Arab money will keep him out of any doping problems, while us poor sods have yet to figure out what he and the fisherman are using.

Dont worry brother one day he will get caught :) lance says hi

Reactions: masking_agent
Love this title from cyclingnews: "An accidental victory". Hilarious, even if not entirely accurate.

Also, why are so many people having a circle jerk about Poga possibly pulling a Pantani and winning the Tour as well? How is it a good thing to emulate a hyperdoped racer from the 90s? Seriously? I mean, I would almost post this in the professional forum, because it's not so much about doping directly as it is a question about why would people get excited about this possibility

He is just the GOAT.

Reactions: snipeheem
Naively I try not to think that a lot of riders are doped with the most advanced methods ever, specially Pog and The Fish, but reality always pushes through in the end. Perhaps journalists don't even have half the freedom that they used to, and are not allowed to ask certain questions. But lately (and I speak only from what I have noticed) there is a lot of talk about him doping and thus ruining cycling once again. A lot of fans are or have been talking about it.

In my opinion, they are doped, but they are not taking something illegal, and i think there's no secrets in the peloton, they are taking all the same.

This is not the way to break Teddy, Vingo had to keep pushing. JV tactics for Tourmalet was right: Pogi looked weaker the day before so they wanted to kill him and the draft in last steep kilometers wasn't big. If anything, the mistake was leading Pog on shallower Cauterets climb before Pog's attack and staying more in the wind between the climbs.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Naively I try not to think that a lot of riders are doped with the most advanced methods ever, specially Pog and The Fish, but reality always pushes through in the end. Perhaps journalists don't even have half the freedom that they used to, and are not allowed to ask certain questions. But lately (and I speak only from what I have noticed) there is a lot of talk about him doping and thus ruining cycling once again. A lot of fans are or have been talking about it.
You just don't bite the hand that feeds. Unless your niche as a journalist is that of an investigative journalist uncovering cheating and scandals, you just kiss ass and only that.

This is not the way to break Teddy, Vingo had to keep pushing. JV tactics for Tourmalet was right: Pogi looked weaker the day before so they wanted to kill him and the draft in last steep kilometers wasn't big. If anything, the mistake was leading Pog on shallower Cauterets climb before Pog's attack and staying more in the wind between the climbs.
Wrong quote but not worries 😅

In my opinion the plan of Visma was good but it was bad executed since the beginning of the stage, and i'm going to explain my point.

Firstable they didn’t make the race hard enough until the last 4/5 km of Tourmalet. They should had make the race hard on Aspin and in the first 13 km of Tourmalet to tire way more Pogacar.

This was the first mistake, and the biggest mistake, because the pace can't be hard if guys like Van Hooydonck are still pushing on Tourmalet. One of the reasons of this mistake was because in my opinion, they missed another stronger climber(behind Kuss and Kelderman), that's why i didn’t agree with the team Visma choosed for last year's Tour.

So, in my opinion the plan was bad executed until the last 4 Km of Tourmalet. The race should had been more hard until the last kilometres of Tourmalet.

The second mistake was Vingegaard pushing until the top of Tourmalet. When he saw he couldn't drop Pogacar, he should had stopped the attack 1/2 minute later and wait for Kuss.

The third mistake was attacking again on Cambasque when he was empty, because that situation plus what happened on Tourmalet, cost him about 20 seconds to Pogacar. He should had raced in a more defensive way on Cambasque because he had 1 min advantage in GC.

I don't think all the top guys are doping. There's definitely something going on with Pogacar, but I don't see any extraordinary performances with his UAE colleagues. Even Evenepoel, Roglic, MvdP and Pidcock show consistency over the years and occasional weakness. Vingegaard and WVA are more suspicious of course, but it's not as obvious as Pogacar.

TDF 2021 and 2022 ring a bell. what he did in Hautacam 2022 was huge.

Love this title from cyclingnews: "An accidental victory". Hilarious, even if not entirely accurate.

Also, why are so many people having a circle jerk about Poga possibly pulling a Pantani and winning the Tour as well? How is it a good thing to emulate a hyperdoped racer from the 90s? Seriously? I mean, I would almost post this in the professional forum, because it's not so much about doping directly as it is a question about why would people get excited about this possibility
Pantani also died under pretty sad circumstances, it's like he had nobody and he had been ostracized by the public after the doping scandal. It's only later that the public forgot and he has been hailed as a hero ever since. Pretty sad and nothing to emulate by the youngsters, imo.

• Sad
Reactions: Scarponi and noob
If you want to play such a stupid game... Both Narvaez and Schachmann beat Pog, even though he really wanted to win.
That's not the point and you know it. We've never seen this kind of day by day dominance against the entire peloton. Every single GT winner had to take it easy from time to time, but this guy competes for victory every time he wants to , even against riders that single out a specific stage. It is unseen and completely ridiculous.

Reactions: Extinction