• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TdF 2017 stage 7: Troyes > Nuits-Saint-Georges 213,5 km

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who is going to win the stage?

• Marcel Kittel to destroy them all convincingly

Votes: 42 50.0%
  • Marcel Kittel after a close sprint/photo finish

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • Arnaud Demare

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Alexander Kristoff

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • André Greipel

• Nacer Bouhanni

• Dylan Groenewegen

• None of the above

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Vino-option

Votes: 9 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
Ruby United said:
Eagle said:
GuyIncognito said:

Looks like Kittels ahead to me, the red line is cutting off some of his front tire

I think I agree with you.
If you look at the image - https://image.ibb.co/g93yZa/photofinish.jpg - and zoom in as much as you can, it looks like the red line slightly overlaps with Kittel's wheel, but not EBH's.
Yep, and judging from the thickness of the front line, compared with the one showing Matthew's third place. It looks as though there are actually two lines at the front overlapping slightly - so they probably can see it pretty clearly when putting each of those lines on one by one.

Yeah, finish line camera takes several slices instead of one image (even though when puting slices next to each other it looks like one image). So they can look it slice by slice and see whose wheel is in earlier slice.

Re:

Oude Geuze said:
Feel bad for Eddy, monster lead-out and well executed sprint. Kittel just too strong though, I think they could have shared it, but perhaps they never do that? Anyway, DD working well and will have motivation and confidence to work hard for EBH now, might still get a win which would be awsome:)

They also never shared the red number and last year Tony Martin and Alaphilippe both got it. Or Flecha and Hoogerland in 2011.

Re: Re:

Googolplex said:
DFA123 said:
Ruby United said:
Eagle said:
GuyIncognito said:

Looks like Kittels ahead to me, the red line is cutting off some of his front tire

I think I agree with you.
If you look at the image - https://image.ibb.co/g93yZa/photofinish.jpg - and zoom in as much as you can, it looks like the red line slightly overlaps with Kittel's wheel, but not EBH's.
Yep, and judging from the thickness of the front line, compared with the one showing Matthew's third place. It looks as though there are actually two lines at the front overlapping slightly - so they probably can see it pretty clearly when putting each of those lines on one by one.

Yeah, finish line camera takes several slices instead of one image (even though when puting slices next to each other it looks like one image). So they can look it slice by slice and see whose wheel is in earlier slice.

That actually makes a lot of sense.

Re:

Irondan said:
Officially Kittel won by 0.0003 seconds, or 5mm.

That's a close race!

BH right now.

giphy.gif

Re:

Irondan said:
Officially Kittel won by 0.0003 seconds, or 5mm.

That's a close race!

According to McEwan this was down to 1 pixel in the photo. Any closer and it would´ve been impossible to tell. 3 tens of a thousand second! That´s ridiculous. They should´ve just called it a dead heat. Don´t see any point in measuring ten thousands of seconds unless it is on the tracks.