• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TdF 2017 stage 7: Troyes > Nuits-Saint-Georges 213,5 km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who is going to win the stage?

• Marcel Kittel to destroy them all convincingly

Votes: 42 50.0%
  • Marcel Kittel after a close sprint/photo finish

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • Arnaud Demare

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Alexander Kristoff

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • André Greipel

• Nacer Bouhanni

• Dylan Groenewegen

• None of the above

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Vino-option

Votes: 9 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For sure EBH's body was ahead.
I still have no clue how they decided who's wheel crossed first.
Perhaps, because it was so even when they touched the line, perhaps they gave it to the rider going faster because he must have crossed the line first!

Re: Re:

Initally thought it was Kittel, then EBH. The photo finish looks to be a tie. It's hardly more than a centimetre in any case. So at 70kph it has to be less an 1/1000th of a second. I think that as close to a dead heat as I've ever seen and then some.

Feel bad for Eddy, monster lead-out and well executed sprint. Kittel just too strong though, I think they could have shared it, but perhaps they never do that? Anyway, DD working well and will have motivation and confidence to work hard for EBH now, might still get a win which would be awsome:)

Ruby United said:
Eagle said:
GuyIncognito said:

Looks like Kittels ahead to me, the red line is cutting off some of his front tire

I think I agree with you.
If you look at the image - https://image.ibb.co/g93yZa/photofinish.jpg - and zoom in as much as you can, it looks like the red line slightly overlaps with Kittel's wheel, but not EBH's.
Yep, and judging from the thickness of the front line, compared with the one showing Matthew's third place. It looks as though there are actually two lines at the front overlapping slightly - so they probably can see it pretty clearly when putting each of those lines on one by one.

Baldinger said:
Alexandre B. said:
Simurgh said:
They looked completely dead even. Disappointing sprint by Nacer. What happened to Demare? All in all, a very strange bunch sprint, reflected by execution and result list as well
Sick. And badly positioned.
Sick?

Don't think he's sick, he just had a bad night due to the heat and their hotel not having air conditioning