• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 161 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Its a different style of racing - Jumbo take the race on, put riders in the break and allow NON GC riders to win stages - They also will still chase stage wins even if they have control of GC, whereas Ineos never put riders in a break or gave other members a chance to win stages and once they attacked the first two mountain stages to get a buffer on GC, they then gave up trying to win stages, which made them the breakaway riders best friend.

Another one bites the dust.

Ineos Grenadiers lose Head of Performance to QPR Football Club as major overhaul continues

Despite being ex-Army (Skineos are the SAS of cycling and Dr Freeman imagined himself writing the Bravo Two Zero of cycling books) and despite double-jobbing with Ineos Sport's sailing division (is that still a thing?) Ben Williams - Head of Performance and Support - is joining the Ineos exodus and exiting after only coming onboard in 2021. Something about rodents and vessels holed below the waterline comes to mind, for some reason.

Williams is absolutely brilliant at talking crap.

I learned a lot from Dave Brailsford. As you know, he’s a prolific leader and one of the smartest minds in cycling and elite sport.

You can be a prolific author - Bradley Wiggins! - and you can be a prolific winner - TJV! - but seriously, how can you be a prolific leader? You lead a lot? Isn't that micromanagement, something some accused Brailsford of in the past, I know, but can hardly describe his current hands-off role at Ineos Grenadiers.

They didn’t win all those Grand Tours because of Dave, they did it because they curated a population that was the right fit for the right type of racing at the right time.

Curating a population sounds more like you're working in a museum - or Israel Premier Tech's bunch of superannuated OAPs - but if Ineos is to be compared to a museum it's the British Museum, with all the good stuff nicked from others or walking out the door.

I still think that, from a logistics and performance point of view, we’re still one of the best in the peloton.

We used to laugh at all the effort Movistar put into going after the team prize in stage races, but imagine thinking being best at logistics was something to brag about? "Come join us at Ineos Grenadiers, where we're best of breed and our holistic approach to operationally calendarising your travel needs to leverage your performance outputs is mission critical."

I think we may have identified Ineos' problem. They've all stopped talking English and are disappearing up their fundaments with management bolloxology.

BTW: Ineos hold the record for having the most staff with cycling books to their names. And that's before counting the two unpublished books from Brailsford and Sutton.

On a related note, can anyone identify something Ineos Sport actually does well?

In cycling, they've turned gold into crap.

In F1 they've also lost their winning ways.

Despite Brailsford being a cosplay Ted Lasso at Nice, have they won anything in football?

Do they even still do the sailing thing, is the America's Cup still a dream?

Ineos currently have 3 World championship titles - recently won at the Glasgow Worlds......Hardly crap.
Crap undervalues their results over the past two years, but the trend isn't promising. And with the riders leaving after the season, it's fair to wonder about the direction of the cycling team. Certainly has similarities to the bloated, underperforming franchises seen in American sport. (There may be parallels to teams outside the United States, but cycling is the only international sport I follow closely.)

Ineos reportedly sign the next Remco ... but better!
https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...gust-he-is-remco-but-probably-with-more-power
INEOS Grenadiers just took home an European Championships title with Joshua Tarling, 19 years of age and younger than the new under-23 European Champion in the time-trial. World Tour teams are signing younger and younger riders, and INEOS may be set to sign 17-year old Andrew August.
The links between August and INEOS come down to a stint in a training camp earlier in the year, and the fact that he comes from the same youth team as riders such as Matteo Jorgenson and possible future teammate Magnus Sheffield. “He went and did an INEOS training camp in Mallorca this January and they did some testing on him and Vo2 test on him and he was 92," Hot Tubes team's founder Toby Stanton told GCN.

"They said that they didn't have anyone that could do what he could do. He is Remco, but probably with more power," he argues.

“I have had my team for 32 years and he is the most talented rider I have had or seen. We do testing on this climb called Brasstown Bald and Magnus was a minute faster than Nathan Brown, Ian Boswell and Ben King. Then Phil Gaimon went out and cherry picked it. But AJ August went up there after 45 miles of training and rode 13:51, faster than Gaimon and a minute faster than Magnus. AJ, at 127 pounds averaged 398 watts (6.9W/Kg, ed.)."

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan and xo 1
Actually fanboy, they don't. They may have a few champions but I think you'll find the national federations claim the championship titles.

When even the people within Ineos are disagreeing with you, you really should tone down the pom-pom waving.

FFS Clueless!! Wind your neck in you halfwit!!

I'm no fanboy..but they are paid by Ineos, and all the training & prep is done by them; the Ineos staff are even there in the pits/technical area. They just happened to wear a national jersey....

On a related note, can anyone identify something Ineos Sport actually does well?

In cycling, they've turned gold into crap.

In F1 they've also lost their winning ways.

Despite Brailsford being a cosplay Ted Lasso at Nice, have they won anything in football?

Do they even still do the sailing thing, is the America's Cup still a dream?
Sports washing. But the British only say that of the Saudi's

Ineos reportedly sign the next Remco ... but better!
https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...gust-he-is-remco-but-probably-with-more-power
INEOS Grenadiers just took home an European Championships title with Joshua Tarling, 19 years of age and younger than the new under-23 European Champion in the time-trial. World Tour teams are signing younger and younger riders, and INEOS may be set to sign 17-year old Andrew August.
The links between August and INEOS come down to a stint in a training camp earlier in the year, and the fact that he comes from the same youth team as riders such as Matteo Jorgenson and possible future teammate Magnus Sheffield. “He went and did an INEOS training camp in Mallorca this January and they did some testing on him and Vo2 test on him and he was 92," Hot Tubes team's founder Toby Stanton told GCN.

"They said that they didn't have anyone that could do what he could do. He is Remco, but probably with more power," he argues.

“I have had my team for 32 years and he is the most talented rider I have had or seen. We do testing on this climb called Brasstown Bald and Magnus was a minute faster than Nathan Brown, Ian Boswell and Ben King. Then Phil Gaimon went out and cherry picked it. But AJ August went up there after 45 miles of training and rode 13:51, faster than Gaimon and a minute faster than Magnus. AJ, at 127 pounds averaged 398 watts (6.9W/Kg, ed.)."
The next Greg Lemond?