• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
silvergrenade said:
HelloDolly said:
Are Deignan , Feen and Peters staying at SKY ?

Would like to see Thomas target PR and RVV and forget stage racing ...just be ready for Dauphine, Tour .etc
Also Moscon is a real find for classic races
Kwait will need to shape up for Classics or he is out ...Brailsford is not sentimental
Stanard and Rowe will do well with maybe Rowe stepping up

Landa will have to perfrom in the Giro or he too is gone....SKY can afford alot of Doms for what they pay him

Froomes team at the Vuelta will need ot come with their A game

That should produce a better year

They will. We dont know what happened behind closed doors but Im sure it wont have been pretty.

Meaning?

Expect Froome to have a much stronger team at the Vuelta next year.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

JRanton said:
Kokoso said:
So definitely saying Sky good bye...and it even rhymes :) Despite Sky wanted to keep him.

One of the best riders on their roster and potential GT leader down.

But a pretty awful domestique and I don't think he has the level required to win a grand tour (certainly not against the best guys).

If Sky wanted to keep him then that suggests there is still some money to spend to find a replacement (someone better than Kenny bloody Elissonde!).
Pretty poor domestique? How so?

Second best leader for GT this year anyway. Hyper Landa or whoever else didn'tcome close - probably because of ilness though.

Edit: He's actually decent domestique, too. Hard to be visible as domestique when you are not racing at all...or with Giro in your legs. Just saying.

Kokoso said:
Valv.Piti said:
Konig was one of the most pathetic domestiques I have seen in the Vuelta
Maybe because we he wasn't domestique much :razz:

His job was to be a domestique ...He was hired to ride for Froome in Grand Tours. As we saw at the Vuelta he wasn't too interested in that ...Also in last years Tour he was a poor domestique. SKY are not too bothereed he is movign on btw...

But as you say he is a GT contender ....well lets see how he does at the Giro next year for Bora. With Majka targetting the Tour so I assume he will lead at the Giro .

I guess you can now go and give it big over onthe Bora thread

HelloDolly said:
Kokoso said:
Valv.Piti said:

His job was to be a domestique ...He was hired to ride for Froome in Grand Tours. As we saw at the Vuelta he wasn't too interested in that ...Also in last years Tour he was a poor domestique. SKY are not too bothereed he is movign on btw...

But as you say he is a GT contender ....well lets see how he does at the Giro next year for Bora. With Majka targetting the Tour so I assume he will lead at the Giro .

Yep, thought he was a crap dom in both last years TDF and this years Vuelta, obviously he didn't want to do it. Can't see him winning a GT as a team leader.

Re:

Alberto Fishwick said:
Not sure how Fenn can be said to have had a poor year given how much time he's spent with his nose in the wind. It's not as if he's there to win races.

He didn't make the step up he needed to in the classics which is why it's likely he hasn't had his contract renewed. I don't mind him staying but Wisniowski has likely taken his job. Poles coming over here and stealing our jobs etc.

JRanton said:
Alberto Fishwick said:
Not sure how Fenn can be said to have had a poor year given how much time he's spent with his nose in the wind. It's not as if he's there to win races.

He didn't make the step up he needed to in the classics which is why it's likely he hasn't had his contract renewed. I don't mind him staying but Wisniowski has likely taken his job. Poles coming over here and stealing our jobs etc.

I continue to think Fenn is a good leadout man for Viviani. Admittedly he barely gets a chance to do that at Sky, so I don't mind him leaving so long as he stays WT or a good PCT team. Otherwise I predict he moves to JLT Condor or some other team that resprays the DS' work van for 10 criteriums a year, is only seen again at next years Tour of Britain, and then retires before 30.

HelloDolly said:
Kokoso said:
Valv.Piti said:

Plus the attitude and the whinging in interviews after Porte quit the Giro and how he should have been the leader.

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Do not blame Konig for being poor domestique. This guy has never been domestique in his whole cycling lige so hes has no chance to get used. Always riding on his own or as a leader.

If some team, even in Sky caliber, chooses this man as domestique, then it is to blame that team.

Re:

Bernhard said:
Do not blame Konig for being poor domestique. This guy has never been domestique in his whole cycling lige so hes has no chance to get used. Always riding on his own or as a leader.

If some team, even in Sky caliber, chooses this man as domestique, then it is to blame that team.
No, Konig is getting paid to do a job, he knew that going in signing with Sky. He more or less rode his own race.

Valv.Piti said:
Bernhard said:

No, Konig is getting paid to do a job, he knew that going in signing with Sky. He more or less rode his own race.

He did well on a couple of stages. Compared to the help Contador got he would probably did very well. Orica was the team that stepped up in the Vuelta. Movistar did well and Sky did not compare to the Tour but apart from one disastrous stage that were pretty good.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Bernhard said:

hahaha what kind of bull**** is this? so if a company pays me to repair their elevator and I've never done that before but I do take the job and pay and I **** it up, the company is to blame? :eek:

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion, the best selection for the major races 2017:

- Paris-Nice Captains: Thomas, Kwiat, Benat

- Tirreno Captains: Froome, Henao

- Milano San Remo Captains: Swift, Kwiat, Moscon

- Volta Catalunya Captains: Landa, Poels

- Ronde Captains: Moscon, Kwiat, Thomas, Stanni, Rowe

- Roubaix Captains: Stanni, Thomas, Rowe, Moscon

- Pais Vasco Captains: Henao, Poels, Landa

- Amstel/Fleche/LBL Captains: Kwiat, Poels, Henao

- Tour de Romandie Captains: Froome, Benat

- Giro Selection: Landa, Henao, Henao, Nieve, Kennaugh, David Lopez, Moscon, Viviani, Puccio

- Dauphine Captains: Froome, Benat

- TDS Captain: Thomas

- TDF Selection: Froome, Thomas, Poels, Benat, Kwiat, Nieve, Rowe, Stannard, Kirijenka

- Vuelta Selection: Froome, Landa, Henao, Henao, Benat, David Lopez, Kennaugh, Puccio, Knees

So everybody has a bit of freedom and every single race can be won by a Sky rider. If König will stay and/or Rosa will join Sky, of course its much more brutal.

Re:

boasson said:

- Giro Selection: Landa, Henao, Henao, Nieve, Kennaugh, David Lopez, Moscon, Viviani, Puccio

- TDF Selection: Froome, Thomas, Poels, Benat, Kwiat, Nieve, Rowe, Stannard, Kirijenka

- Vuelta Selection: Froome, Landa, Henao, Henao, Benat, David Lopez, Kennaugh, Puccio, Knees

So everybody has a bit of freedom and every single race can won by a Sky rider. If König will stay and/or Rosa will join Sky, of course its much more brutal.

Why would you have so many leaders in certain races? It's unworkable and surely 1 possibly 2 leaders would be enough? To the bolded. Sky can't/won't have a chance to win every race you've listed as that's just not how cycling works, also Konig is %100 leaving and Rosa won't be signing for Sky

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Bernhard said:
Konig is leaving to a team with less potential GT leaders based on his interview. Higher ambitions than to work for someone even in top team

Konig is a fraud, who took money for a job that he knew he will not do it. good ridance

Forget Tirenno for Froome, if he's going for Tour-Vuelta double, he should have a similar build up to this season.

He'll probably have to race the Tour a bit harder next year, but he won't have the Olympics in between, which should help him be even more competitive. If they have over 30km of flat TTing in the Vuelta, he certainly has a decent shot

Giro: Landa, Poels (Co-leaders, I have my doubts on Poels' ability to perform consistently over 3 weeks, but he's earned a shot at least), Moscon, Seb Henao, Wisniowski, Puccio, Viviani, Nieve, Kwiat

Tour: Froome, Poels, Thomas, Stannard, Rowe, Benat, Sergio Henao, Kiriyenka, Kennaugh

Vuelta: Froome, Landa, Stannard, Knees, Lopez, Nieve, Elissonde, Puccio, Sergio Henao

Send Thomas, Moscon, Kwiat etc to Canada instead

StryderHells said:
boasson said:

So everybody has a bit of freedom and every single race can won by a Sky rider. If König will stay and/or Rosa will join Sky, of course its much more brutal.

Why would you have so many leaders in certain races? It's unworkable and surely 1 possibly 2 leaders would be enough? To the bolded. Sky can't/won't have a chance to win every race you've listed as that's just not how cycling works, also Konig is %100 leaving and Rosa won't be signing for Sky

Of course they have a chance in every race, and that is exactly how cycling works, they just won't win them all.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Scarponi said:
HelloDolly said:
Kokoso said:
Valv.Piti said:

Plus the attitude and the whinging in interviews after Porte quit the Giro and how he should have been the leader.
Nothing like that ever happened. Gosh you guys are willing to throw heaps of mud for some reason :rolleyes:

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Lot os Sky fanboys here. König did at the Vuelta what he was told to do by the DS. Obviously they wanted him to stay high at GC while do some domestique work here and there. They even wanted him to go TT full gas even when his chances for GC were lost. So there you go.,If you want to blame someone, blame somebody who's responsible, not König.