• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps it is their new strategy and they will only send 6 riders to the TDF.

In all seriousness I think their TDF team might get a little shakeup this year. I assume Kiwatko has booked himself a place assuming his form doesn't completely flop. Stannards shown almost nothing this year and if that continues I don't see why he'd be selected. Henao & Rowe are certainties, but with Poels injured and Thomas and Landa doing the Giro it will be interesting to see what state the climbing team is in. Maybe Kennaugh gets in this year.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
If everything goes according to plan, I think this is pretty likely to be the TdF-lineup: Rowe, Stannard, Kwiatko, Kiri, Poels, Henao, Thomas, Froome and one of Elissonde/Landa/Rosa/Kennaugh or whoever.

Nah. Nieve will ride it.

More like Froome, Poels, Henao, Nieve, Thomas, Kwiatkowski, Kiryienka, Stannard, Rowe.

Kwiatkowski is in fine form this year.
The only question marks for me are Poels form and Kiri age.
Stannard was bad this spring but he'll be a valueable asset for Froome in flat stages.

Re: Re:

pink_jersey said:
Valv.Piti said:
If everything goes according to plan, I think this is pretty likely to be the TdF-lineup: Rowe, Stannard, Kwiatko, Kiri, Poels, Henao, Thomas, Froome and one of Elissonde/Landa/Rosa/Kennaugh or whoever.

Nah. Nieve will ride it.

More like Froome, Poels, Henao, Nieve, Thomas, Kwiatkowski, Kiryienka, Stannard, Rowe.

Kwiatkowski is in fine form this year.
The only question marks for me are Poels form and Kiri age.
Stannard was bad this spring but he'll be a valueable asset for Froome in flat stages.
Oh yeah, completely forgot Nieve. Those 9 men should be the team.

I dont think Sky are going to put out their best team for the TdF. They're probably going to mix up their resources to make sure there's no repeats of Formigal and maximise Froome's chances of doing the Tour Vuelta double

Especially with the only rider capable of challenging Froome at the Tour tired from the Giro

Re:

PremierAndrew said:
I dont think Sky are going to put out their best team for the TdF. They're probably going to mix up their resources to make sure there's no repeats of Formigal and maximise Froome's chances of doing the Tour Vuelta double

Especially with the only rider capable of challenging Froome at the Tour tired from the Giro

I laughed at that!
Tired from the Giro!

My Tour team would be
Froome,- Poels - Henao - Kwiatkowski - Kiryienka - Elissonde - Stannard - Rowe - Thomas

If Thomas still has the fitness after the Giro then he should make the team but I wouldn't expect Thomas to be there on the big climbing days, maybe doing more work on the flat stages and some small lumpy days.

My Giro Team would be
Landa - Thomas - Rosa - Nieve - Kennaugh - Viviani - Deignan - Puccio - Knees

My Vuelta team would be
Froome - Landa - Nieve - Seb Heneo - Boswell - Rosa - Kennuagh - Moscon - Puccio -

Re: Team Sky Discussion thread

DBotero said:
I don't think the TDF team will include Thomas/Landa.I would pick these guys:Froome,Poels,Henao,Nieve,Kiryienka,Rowe,Stannard,Kennaugh and Henao JR.
Ideally I wouldn't take Thomas to the tour but I read if he has the fitness he will be there, it would e better to keep them 2 in cold storage until the Vuelta starts....Kennaugh is heading to the Giro

Crickey people ...the Tour will have the same team as last year

Kwaito will be cooked and will probbaly want to ride Poland anyway than punch out KM at the begining of stages at the Tour ...plus with the extra weight has probably accepted he is not a GT rider...

Thomas and Landa will ride the Tour and rotate and rest and be there in case Poels, Henao & Nieve are on bad days

Nieve is not doing the Giro but the Vuelta this year ...suppose its his reward ..to do a GC ride alongside Froome..that and probably San Seb

Rosa Nieve Lopez Kennaugh for the Vuelta ...maybe Poels if not injured

Re:

HelloDolly said:
Crickey people ...the Tour will have the same team as last year

Kwaito will be cooked and will probbaly want to ride Poland anyway than punch out KM at the begining of stages at the Tour ...plus with the extra weight has probably accepted he is not a GT rider...

Thomas and Landa will ride the Tour and rotate and rest and be there in case Poels, Henao & Nieve are on bad days

Nieve is not doing the Giro but the Vuelta this year ...suppose its his reward ..to do a GC ride alongside Froome..that and probably San Seb

Rosa Nieve Lopez Kennaugh for the Vuelta ...maybe Poels if not injured

I think Landa only went last year because he departed Giro early.

If all goes to plan and there's no injuries, I think they will take Kwiatkowski this year, they gave him a chance to prove his fitness at the Dauphine, and so far this year he has been excellent. However, I agree that Sky might be a climber light if they take Kwiatkowski instead of Landa, but who knows, the Tour is still a long way off, and riders form fluctuates. However, I don't see any way they take Poels the Giro, he has said he will go Tour and maybe Vuelta, but he said he doesn't feel great doing back to back GT's, and he has been injured so no way is he going the Giro, more chance of Androni :lol:

TRENDING THREADS