• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 78 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Team Sky Discussion thread

CTQ said:
therealthing said:
What's happening with transfers next year? The only rider rumoured to join is Ganna from UAE. Otherwise I haven't heard of any riders planning to leave, or even extensions.
no contract for these riders until now for next years:
Deignan, Dibben, Doull, Elissonde, Tao, Henao x2, Intxausti, Kiryienka, Lopez, Puccio, Rowe, Thomas, Wisniowski.
I believe Team Sky waits usually until the end of September for new announcements if i'm not wrong.
Of those I think will stay:
• Kiryienka and Lopez: older and very experienced riders who have been with Sky for years and seem happy there and are good GT domestiques.
• Tao will probably become part of their TDF mountain train soon.
• Rowe- settled at Sky and they will give him classics leadership + a spot on their TDF team.
• Thomas- pretty obvious.

Other than that I'm not sure. I wouldn't say any of them are a certainty to leave. Maybe younger riders like Sebas Henao and maybe Wisniowski who have been domestiques for a while and would like more leadership opportunities.

Intxausti seems finished and will probably leave- maybe a smaller team will offer him a place with smaller wages.

therealthing said:
CTQ said:
therealthing said:
What's happening with transfers next year? The only rider rumoured to join is Ganna from UAE. Otherwise I haven't heard of any riders planning to leave, or even extensions.
Deignan, Dibben, Doull, Elissonde, Tao, Henao x2, Intxausti, Kiryienka, Lopez, Puccio, Rowe, Thomas, Wisniowski.
I believe Team Sky waits usually until the end of September for new announcements if i'm not wrong.
• Kiryienka and Lopez: older and very experienced riders who have been with Sky for years and seem happy there and are good GT domestiques.
• Rowe- settled at Sky and they will give him classics leadership + a spot on their TDF team.

Other than that I'm not sure. I wouldn't say any of them are a certainty to leave. Maybe younger riders like Sebas Henao and maybe Wisniowski who have been domestiques for a while and would like more leadership opportunities.

Intxausti seems finished and will probably leave- maybe a smaller team will offer him a place with smaller wages.

i don't see Deignan with Team Sky next year. he doesn't have many days of race this year. 35 years old in 4 days. i wouldn't be surprised to see him annoucing a retirement, staying at home with the baby.

CTQ said:
therealthing said:
CTQ said:
therealthing said:

i don't see Deignan with Team Sky next year. he doesn't have many days of race this year. 35 years old in 4 days. i wouldn't be surprised to see him annoucing a retirement, staying at home with the baby.

I wouldn’t be surprised by a retirement either. He may well have been earning comparable money to (or depressingly maybe even more than) his vastly more successful wife, but next season presumably he’d have to take a pay cut no matter where he’s riding while she’s the marquee rider of a new well financed team. He probably doesn’t have the same financial pressure to get a last contract as many other career domestiques.

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if Lopez goes the same way as Xabier Zandio a couple of years ago and becomes a DS next year. Or he just retires and goes on riding goatpaths on his mountain bike.

The SKY lads thus far have a number of 2nds in the Vuelta with Kwiato
in the Malaga stage one ITT, then again on stage two and van Baarle's
close call on stage twelve. But perhaps Team SKY's psychiatrist as well
as the world famous author of The Chimp Paradox, Dr. Steve Peters, is
going to inspire the boys to bigger and better things with his big victory
in the m65 100m also in Malaga at the World Masters Athletics Champs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjfcw4vOJ-A 200/400/relays to come!
Steve ran 12.53 in the heats, 12.54 in the semis and 12.56 in the finals.

EDIT: Wow!! That sure didn't take long!! :surprised: Wout Poel's beautiful stage
6 win at the ToB was obviously inspired by Steve's great 100 metre win!

Awesome! Three days, three Team SKY victories! Dr. Steve on Thursday,
Wout on Friday and Yogi today. A beautiful example of how SKY staff and
riders inspire each other every single day to be the very best they can be.

oldcrank said:
Yes, but during Vuelta Sky is really dissapointing. Michał is fatigued after TdF&TdP, I have had no hopes, but what is going on with the rest of the squad? De la Cruz & Sergio Henao didn't compete in TdF and are nowhere, Sivakov was considered as an interesting prospect and showed nothing.

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
oldcrank said:
Yes, but during Vuelta Sky is really dissapointing. Michał is fatigued after TdF&TdP, I have had no hopes, but what is going on with the rest of the squad? De la Cruz & Sergio Henao didn't compete in TdF and are nowhere, Sivakov was considered as an interesting prospect and showed nothing.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BneFH-xgpmS/?hl=fr&taken-by=pavel_sivakov
Very sad to leave lavuelta , with the very hard racing going on here everyday I was never able to recover from that nasty crash last Sunday. Today I couldn’t go any deeper. Just want to thanks my teammates, the whole staff and all the others who supported me during the race. I’ll come back stronger

Sergio Henao is just straight up bad this Vuelta, same with Hart who literally has showed nothing apart from being in the break today. Kwito is is still super strong, but is just wasting himself doing nothing in this Vuelta - riding pseudo GC the first 2 weeks, emptying himself in a break that had no chance etc. De La Cruz has just been bad this year.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Sergio Henao is just straight up bad this Vuelta, same with Hart who literally has showed nothing apart from being in the break today. Kwito is is still super strong, but is just wasting himself doing nothing in this Vuelta - riding pseudo GC the first 2 weeks, emptying himself in a break that had no chance etc. De La Cruz has just been bad this year.
Kwiato probably thought he would gain ca. 2-3 min as Majka did the previous day or even win the stage. But was of course wrong. So he just has no idea what to do to stress his presence in Vuelta.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Henao has just been really bad all year.

Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Valv.Piti said:

Top 15 of a GT and a national title is a bad year?

Re: Re:

MatParker117 said:
Red Rick said:
Valv.Piti said:

Top 15 of a GT is a bad year?
As a Sky team member squad, unortunately, yes.

hfer07 said:
So with G inking 3 years & Froome having 2 more (I guess), then I tend to believe Bernal is likely to be domestique and B plan for his entire contract with SKY it seems.....
I hope not. Thomas said he would be targetting Giro, so I hope Bernal would be there at least as co-leader as well. After that he will be a pure leader at Vuelta. Froome - of course with 5th win hope at TdF.

http://inrng.com/2018/09/team-sky-budget-2017/#more-34524
Team Sky’s budget for 2017 was £34,496,000, up 11% on the previous year as the screengrab from their filed accounts shows. It was equivalent to US$46.2 million or €38.6 million.

Again that’s for the year ending 2017, once the calendar year is done the accounts for Tour Racing Limited, the corporate entity better known as Team Sky are prepared and this time they were signed off in June. The team used to filed the accounts during July but now they’re posted just ahead of the statutory deadline of September (helpfully avoiding budget talk during the Tour?)
One note in the account mentions a provision for £2.8 million. This means they’ve set aside this money expecting “economic outflow to be probable”, a fancy way of saying they might have to cough up this money. This might be a small footnote in the accounts and a technical accounting matter but as a lump of cold hard cash it’s still significant.
Team Sky’s budget for 2017 was £34.5 million, their highest amount and by extension the biggest ever seen in the World Tour. This reflects an increased wage bill. 2018 should be bigger and it’s likely 2019 will be even bigger as they’ve just re-signed Geraint Thomas on a huge contract and according to The Cycling Podcast they want to give Egan Bernal a five year deal worth millions, quite possibly the biggest and longest contract to date in pro cycling.

There’s been a lot of talk about team budgets, caps and more. Yet there’s no hard data for the World Tour meaning a public debate built on guestimates. The UCI does get each team audited but the findings are kept very private. Sky are one of the rare teams to publish a full set of accounts (Ag2r La Mondiale do to), it’s a legal requirement in the UK. Keep an eye on the stockmarket takeover of Sky which could change the title sponsorship in the years to come.

I wonder if that £2.8 million has anything to do with Dawg's "problem" at the 2017 Vuelta.

Re:

Robert5091 said:
http://inrng.com/2018/09/team-sky-budget-2017/#more-34524
Team Sky’s budget for 2017 was £34,496,000, up 11% on the previous year as the screengrab from their filed accounts shows. It was equivalent to US$46.2 million or €38.6 million.

Again that’s for the year ending 2017, once the calendar year is done the accounts for Tour Racing Limited, the corporate entity better known as Team Sky are prepared and this time they were signed off in June. The team used to filed the accounts during July but now they’re posted just ahead of the statutory deadline of September (helpfully avoiding budget talk during the Tour?)
One note in the account mentions a provision for £2.8 million. This means they’ve set aside this money expecting “economic outflow to be probable”, a fancy way of saying they might have to cough up this money. This might be a small footnote in the accounts and a technical accounting matter but as a lump of cold hard cash it’s still significant.
Team Sky’s budget for 2017 was £34.5 million, their highest amount and by extension the biggest ever seen in the World Tour. This reflects an increased wage bill. 2018 should be bigger and it’s likely 2019 will be even bigger as they’ve just re-signed Geraint Thomas on a huge contract and according to The Cycling Podcast they want to give Egan Bernal a five year deal worth millions, quite possibly the biggest and longest contract to date in pro cycling.

There’s been a lot of talk about team budgets, caps and more. Yet there’s no hard data for the World Tour meaning a public debate built on guestimates. The UCI does get each team audited but the findings are kept very private. Sky are one of the rare teams to publish a full set of accounts (Ag2r La Mondiale do to), it’s a legal requirement in the UK. Keep an eye on the stockmarket takeover of Sky which could change the title sponsorship in the years to come.

I wonder if that £2.8 million has anything to do with Dawg's "problem" at the 2017 Vuelta.
Great!

TRENDING THREADS