• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 159 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Turner out with a fractured elbow. Huge blow to Ineos’ classics team.
What's the recovery time?
Losing Turner early didn't help, but I agree the team was a bit disappointing. Most of all they just waited for other teams to make the race and were never on the attack.

It has to be said Ineos didn't start last year's classic camping particularly well either but from Harelbeke they were a lot better. Perhaps Sheffield and Kwiatkowski will peak later.

What's the recovery time?
Losing Turner early didn't help, but I agree the team was a bit disappointing. Most of all they just waited for other teams to make the race and were never on the attack.

It has to be said Ineos didn't start last year's classic camping particularly well either but from Harelbeke they were a lot better. Perhaps Sheffield and Kwiatkowski will peak later.

It depends on how bad it is but a fracture should be a few weeks at least, I guess.

Very unlucky timing for him.

Pretty disappointing performance in Omloop. I wonder what Ratcliffe thinks about the team having a huge budget but ultimately with no riders amongst the elite…
Pidcock was certainly disappointing. In a race with none of the extraterrestrials at the start you'd expect one of the more talented humans to come to the fore, but he didn't. Except for one little dig on the front I didn't really see him.

Pidcock was certainly disappointing. In a race with none of the extraterrestrials at the start you'd expect one of the more talented humans to come to the fore, but he didn't. Except for one little dig on the front I didn't really see him.

If this was some indication of what to come Pidcock is in for a disappointing season. Jumping the CX WC, showing some form in previous races and several of the best one day riders not attending one might assume that he should have been more visible and been able to make a mark. Any interviews with him post race?

Ganna, Plapp and TGH have been great this year.
Pidcock won Strade Bianche and seemed on a good roll before his concussion.
Turner won Murcia but then had a few crashes to cut his spring campaign short.

I'm a bit disappointed in their classic squad, Sheffield in particular was invisible in pretty much any one day race so far.

But stage races are the real problem: Martinez, Rodriguez, Arensman, Thomas, Tulett... all of them not performing at the expected level.

Ganna, Plapp and TGH have been great this year.
Pidcock won Strade Bianche and seemed on a good roll before his concussion.
Turner won Murcia but then had a few crashes to cut his spring campaign short.

I'm a bit disappointed in their classic squad, Sheffield in particular was invisible in pretty much any one day race so far.

But stage races are the real problem: Martinez, Rodriguez, Arensman, Thomas, Tulett... all of them not performing at the expected level.
Yeah, but I expect Pidcock to be up there in the Ardennes classics. The big mystery to me is Dani Martinez.

TRENDING THREADS