• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1203 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
'Sir Dave Brailsford wants to win Tour de France with a French rider'

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jul/07/dave-brailsford-tour-de-france-team-sky

WTF is this? So are ASO so desperate to have a French winner they have done a deal with Brailsford!!!

This stinks. Next year is 30 years since Hinault, last French rider, won and now Brailsford is gonna produce the next winner.

Wonder what Richie Porte is thinking.....Froome is obviously not part of Sky's future and Wiggins can forget about another TdF win, he was already awarded his and it appears they are only giving one per rider. Richie Porte better apply for French citizenship pronto!!!!

O.M...F..ing...G. Have you never thought about journalism as a career? Stop, we have a genius in the ...

Benotti69 said:
He spends years building a project with all the right people to dump it? Why throw away all that work. The money in France will not be close to what he has now
He probably thinks that when the proverbial hits the fan he can plead ignorance like Murdoch's fave lady did in the hacking trail.

Benotti69 said:
He spends years building a project with all the right people to dump it? Why throw away all that work. The money in France will not be close to what he has now

Maybe French cycling have come knocking and want what he did with TeamGB/Sky and ASO have given their 'blessing'....maybe a Légion d'honneur would sit nice with his knighthood........

Actually, the French cycling federation is trying to replicate the USPS/SKY system and has been working toward that goal for a few years now.

I definitely don't know how things will play out, but, my wild guess is when the 2014 Spring did not go like 2013/12, things got a little tense between Braislford and the people who hired him and now maybe he's seeking options.

He could be catering to ASO too. We now know they are directly involved in team affairs.

DirtyWorks said:
Actually, the French cycling federation is trying to replicate the USPS/SKY system and has been working toward that goal for a few years now.

I definitely don't know how things will play out, but, my wild guess is when the 2014 Spring did not go like 2013/12, things got a little tense between Braislford and the people who hired him and now maybe he's seeking options.

He could be catering to ASO too. We now know they are directly involved in team affairs.

Interesting

He may also be doing like the rest of Sky: touting himself round all the other teams to see what he's worth

Can anyone tell me if this means Froome and Wiggins are now going to do the Vuelta? Regardless of how it works out, I expect more bizarre decisions from Sky.

I realize it's a little early, but hitting the Vuelta is the last, best hope for grand tour riders seeking justification for that next contract.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Can anyone tell me if this means Froome and Wiggins are now going to do the Vuelta? Regardless of how it works out, I expect more bizarre decisions from Sky.

I realize it's a little early, but hitting the Vuelta is the last, best hope for grand tour riders seeking justification for that next contract.

Cant see Wiggins doing another GT.

Mishrak said:
There's no way the Dawg lets Brailsford have Wiggo on the same team as him. MC will see to it. Can't have his bike being a backup for Brad's.

Watching the crash video there was one Sky guy who rides past Froome, looks at him then keeps going! (@ 2.34)

They appeared in disarray at the crash site. Nobody appeared to want to deal with the Dawg.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?loc=&id=73212

thehog said:
Watching the crash video there was one Sky guy who rides past Froome, looks at him then keeps going! (@ 2.34)

They appeared in disarray at the crash site. Nobody appeared to want to deal with the Dawg.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?loc=&id=73212

The decision had already made to look after Porte at the start of the day according to GT, so I guess they knew he would probably abandon at some point in the stage which probably explains it, or may be his book has p*ssed everyone off ... Walsh stitched him up like a kipper.

bigcog said:
The decision had already made to look after Porte at the start of the day according to GT, so I guess they knew he would probably abandon at some point in the stage which probably explains it, or may be his book has p*ssed everyone off ... Walsh stitched him up like a kipper.

Yes the curse or Walsh. I hope Walsh got his fee upfront.

DirtyWorks said:

This sounds plausible.

DirtyWorks said:

The French fed are looking at this but things seem to have gone quiet recently. There's no talk of Dave B being involved though. Take it as what it was, Dave B saying what he thinks people want to hear. That's what he does best and that's what causes the people management problems in the team.

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
After this

picture.php

no wonder this happened

picture.php

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Why is Servais Knaven still working with Sky?

In the TVM investigation, the police did not limit the extra doping test for samples withdrawn 29 July of the six remaining TVM-riders in the race (Jeroen Blijlevens, Bart Voskamp, Servais Knaven, Steven De Jongh, Serguei Outschakov and Sergei Ivanov). On 20 August 1998 they also called in these seven riders for interrogation and submission of samples for additional doping control: Michel Lafis, Tristan Hoffman, Hendrik Van Dijck, Peter Van Petegem, Laurent Roux, Johan Capiot and Lars Michaelsen. As one of these riders, it was either Capiot or Michaelsen, refused to submit samples, the total number of tested TVM riders was 12. In May 2001, during the final court hearing in the TVM trial, the medical expert witnesses stated, that from this tested group the test results had proofed, that the following six were "very likely" to have injected the specified doping substances:[30][31][32]

Jeroen Blijlevens (EPO and corticosteroids).
Bart Voskamp (EPO and corticosteroids).
Serguei Outschakov (EPO and corticosteroids).
Servais Knaven (EPO).
Laurent Roux (amphetamines, corticosteroids and cannabis).
Tristan Hoffman (amphetamines)

All of the six riders testing positive, refused in court ever to have used doping. The court however found sufficient amount of evidence had been presented (104 EPO vials seized from a TVM-car in March 1998, syringes with EPO remainings found in dustbins located in TVM rented hotel rooms during the Tour de France, as well as other doping products seized from TVM's Tour bus), to conclude that organized doping at the TVM team was conducted in the preparation and during the 1998 Tour de France. Consequently the court handed out suspended sentences from 6–18 months to the team's manager, sports director and soigneur.[33] For unknown reasons, none of the six positive riders had their cases evaluated by a sports court, and thus none of them ever received suspensions for their positive tests.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Tour_de_France#TVM_riders_tested_by_police

More proof if any was needed of Sky telling lies.

TRENDING THREADS