• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1252 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
sniper said:
thanks, now that's clearly stating your opinion, although it strikes me as a particulrly ill informed opinion, which is odd for someone so knowledgeable on the history of cycling like you.

I never claimed otherwise. I am as willing to believe what Bobbins is posting as what I have heard about Garmin. I don't know how that makes me ill informed. On the other hand you seem willing to believe one but not the other which is just confirmation bias.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
I never claimed otherwise. I am as willing to believe what Bobbins is posting as what I have heard about Garmin. I don't know how that makes me ill informed. On the other hand you seem willing to believe one but not the other which is just confirmation bias.
let recent history be your guide.

sniper said:
i knew some bot would come back to hunt me with that sockpuppet thing.
didn't know it would be you, but fair game i guess.

this is black-white thinking, i've seen you go down that route more often.
I'll spell it out for you: I think it's no coincidence Garmin are in Girona (indeed doping related). I don't think JV dopes his riders.
If you see a contradiction there, i can't help you any further.

JV is not doping his team but he was the one who set the team up in Girona and made it their team HQ.

Let me see if I can get this, JV is not personally doping his team but set them up in Girona for others to dope so he can claim no involvement all the while knowing they are doping. Is that it?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
Sorry sniper, I cannot quite reach your low level of thinking.

JV is not doping his team but he was the one who set the team up in Girona and made it their team HQ.

Let me see if I can get this, JV is not personally doping his team but set them up in Girona for others to dope so he can claim no involvement all the while knowing they are doping.
it's painful seeing you struggle.
For more nuance, I refer to the dedicated JV/Garmin/Ryder threads.

more generally, how exactly teams and individual riders dope these days, only the teams and individual riders know.

sniper said:
it's painful seeing you struggle.
For more nuance, I refer to the dedicated JV/Garmin/Ryder threads.

more generally, how exactly teams and individual riders dope these days, only the teams and individual riders know.

You are still making zero sense and I know there is nothing in those threads that explain it any better.

It must be hard to tell so may lies and half-truths that you cannot keep up with them.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
You are still making zero sense and I know there is nothing in those threads that explain it any better.

It must be hard to tell so may lies and half-truths that you cannot keep up with them.
fair points.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:

And yet you are able to follow cycling with all the half truths and so maNy lies.....chapeau, aren't you a great lad!

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
ebandit said:
except it never was a secret.............so if team sky had no reason to keep

employment of leinders secret how likely is it that a doping programme

was being run?

Mark L

What exactly would leinders do at team sky besides setting up doping? That was all he was good for.

Glenn_Wilson said:
What exactly would leinders do at team sky besides setting up doping? That was all he was good for.

My favourite quote answers this perfectly:

"Brailsford hired Leinders and then allowed him to single-handedly rip up the Sky ProCycling business plan, get all the medical team (with their successful, untainted careers) and cyclists (with Olympic medals hanging round their necks) to potentially throw away their futures and tarnish the reputation of British Cycling to help Wiggins to win the Tour by doping. On the eve of the London 2012 games. As I say, it doesn’t add up to being even a remotely logical decision."

samhocking said:

"Brailsford hired Leinders and then allowed him to single-handedly rip up the Sky ProCycling business plan, get all the medical team (with their successful, untainted careers) and cyclists (with Olympic medals hanging round their necks) to potentially throw away their futures and tarnish the reputation of British Cycling to help Wiggins to win the Tour by doping. On the eve of the London 2012 games. As I say, it doesn’t add up to being even a remotely logical decision."
Yeah, you keep telling yourself that...

200_s.gif

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:

he did it all at Rabo:

- purchase
- administering
- see who glows, i.e. help fly below the radar
- TUEs
- contacts with Zorzoli (overlaps with the previous)
- treat saddle sore

some would claim only the latter skill was sought after by Sky.:D

more seriously: i've heard posters claim he put (only or mainly) the latter three skills to use at Sky. But that's speculating, and he may have been more 'deeply' involved with individual riders of course.

Anyway, there's no way Brailsford et al. didn't know about Leinders' role at Rabo (especially as Geert had been so closely involved with both Menchov and Rasmussen, two riders whose doping was well known in and around the peloton), so indeed it's difficult to fathom he was hired for anything else than PED-related issues.

sniper said:
he did it all at Rabo:

- purchase
- administering
- see who glows, i.e. help fly below the radar
- TUEs
- contacts with Zorzoli (overlaps with the previous)
- treat saddle sore

some would claim only the latter skill was sought after by Sky.:D

more seriously: i've heard posters claim he put (only or mainly) the latter three skills to use at Sky. But that's speculating, and he may have been more 'deeply' involved with individual riders of course.

Anyway, there's no way Brailsford et al. didn't know about Leinders' role at Rabo (especially as Geert had been so closely involved with both Menchov and Rasmussen, two riders whose doping was well known in and around the peloton), so indeed it's difficult to fathom he was hired for anything else than PED-related issues.

Leinder's most famous doping experiment was Michael Rasmussen.

Rabbo's optional doping program winds down and Leinders leaves. He's innocent! Hapless victim!!!

exactly

Glenn_Wilson said:

exactly! we need to find out........................but if you hire a doctor to

run a doping programme would they be listed as being an employee?

just because a doctor had certain responsibilities at a former team does

not automatically mean they will continue to do likewise

Mark L

samhocking said:
I will, because it's based on more sound logic and evidence than simply saying, he must have doped Wiggins because he doped Rasmussen. Show me the money and i'll change my mind.
Hmmm, you do know Rasmussen didn't fail a test right? He got busted by accident when a journo saw him training in the Dolomites instead of Mexico...

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
42x16ss said:
Hmmm, you do know Rasmussen didn't fail a test right? He got busted by accident when a journo saw him training in the Dolomites instead of Mexico...

He had missed a fair few OOC tests though.

I think you're missing the point somewhat. I think Sam was asking for evidence that Wiggo was doping rather than you simply concluding this from the Leinders link to both Wiggo and Rasmussen and Rasmussen's doping.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Wallace and Gromit said:
He had missed a fair few OOC tests though.

I think you're missing the point somewhat. I think Sam was asking for evidence that Wiggo was doping rather than you simply concluding this from the Leinders link to both Wiggo and Rasmussen and Rasmussen's doping.

IME Skybots don't care about evidence one wit. Incontrovertible proof or GTFO seems the usual request.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
samhocking said:

Can you list those with so called "with their successful, untainted careers"?

Ripping up successful training methods? Is that not what Tim 'Beard' Kerrison has done?

Can you point to a modern Olympic gold medal pursuiter who won a GT?

Can you point to a modern cyclist who achieved peak form for 7 months, March through to September, like Wiggins?

If you think Sky are clean, how did they beat Astana using Dr Ferrari?

Benotti69 said:
Can you list those with so called "with their successful, untainted careers"?

Ripping up successful training methods? Is that not what Tim 'Beard' Kerrison has done?

Can you point to a modern cyclist who achieved peak form for 7 months, March through to September, like Wiggins?

There once was a clinic thread based on track riders who became good road/GT riders.

I think Ferrari client Berzin was the last prior to Wiggins.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
IME Skybots don't care about evidence one wit. Incontrovertible proof or GTFO seems the usual request.

of course, if the proof they are so desperate to see actually existed (positive tests), I think they would be able to find it on their own and wouldn't need to consult the clinic.

Thus, the reason they do it here is to troll and shut down uncomfortable discussion.

Leinders is a very difficult topic for bots because it's very hard to explain away.

Benotti69 said:

The answers:

No, becuase there are only three gold medallists of the modern era. A set too small to be statistically relevant. However, a silver medallist came eighth in the Giro

Yes. Evans had an almost indentical seaon the year before. And you don't 'peak' for a whole month to win the Tour of Romandie - just for a couple of days

Because they didn't have any decent riders. Their leader was Jani Brajkovic.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Parker said:
The answers:

No, becuase there are only three gold medallists of the modern era. A set too small to be statistically relevant. However, a silver medallist came eighth in the Giro

You think now that Wigans has shown the progression from Olympic pursuit Gold to TdF winner more would follow..........i mean it is pretty simple once you have that big engine to race for 4kms then extend it to 4000kms and bingo TdF winner.

Parker said:
Yes. Evans had an almost indentical seaon the year before. And you don't 'peak' for a whole month to win the Tour of Romandie - just for a couple of days

Evans the Ferrari client? As i said Wigans in good company.

Parker said:
Because they didn't have any decent riders. Their leader was Jani Brajkovic.

sure, no other teams apart from Sky has talent. If only Braky raced in sandshoes as a youngster!

TRENDING THREADS