• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1298 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

TheSpud said:
Poursuivant said:
So what is this l-carnitine that Roche has used in the past? Has anyone ever tried it?

Its meant to help with weight / fat loss and muscle toning. You can get 100 capsules for about £7 on Amazon, which probably means it doesn't work.

Of course it doesn't work, hence Roche taking it over winter to lose weight. Nothing sold on amazon works. :rolleyes:

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sky

Kokoso said:
What about König? How he "fits" into clinic theories? :)
Isnt he a domestique now?

Thomas Geraint only needed to learn not to fall of his bike every race he entered - read stop using Tramadol - and he would be a champion in the making. Everybody knows that. Just ask Claudio Corti. He is the real championsmaker.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

MartinGT said:
Thomas puts in a 4km time trial crosses the line hardly out of breath and then gives an interview again hardly out of breath.

:rolleyes:

He probably had plenty left in the tank. Remember, 4k is the track pursuit distance. No wonder Thomas owned the lowly road cyclists who don't even have track experience at the elite level.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Kokoso said:
Isnt he a domestique now?

Thomas Geraint only needed to learn not to fall of his bike every race he entered - read stop using Tramadol - and he would be a champion in the making. Everybody knows that. Just ask Claudio Corti. He is the real championsmaker.

He's both, leader and domestique, depends on race. Until Catalunya leader, now domestique. In longer teram he's leader for Giro. That isn't much of answer of yours anyway :rolleyes:

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

Kokoso said:
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Kokoso said:
He's both, leader and domestique, depends on race. Until Catalunya leader, now domestique. In longer teram he's leader for Giro. That isn't much of answer of yours anyway :rolleyes:
Konig has shown to be a very talented rider, so I really havent got a theory for him. He will be a dom for a GT and will be doing a top 10 at the Vuelta later on. It is also his first year at WT level so lets see. Not a very exciting theory but it is the best I can give you.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Oli Coyle ‏@OliCoyle Mar 27
Give me cycling fans over football fans any day of the week,at least cycling fans keep it respectful & are knowledgeable about their sport!

Teddy Cutler ‏@TeddyCutler
@OliCoyle Would rather an aggressive football fan than an aggressive Sky fan.

@TeddyCutler Haha haven't encountered too many of those yet, Sky fans are generally just glory fans anyhow!

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Re:

sniper said:
Give me cycling fans over football fans any day of the week,at least cycling fans keep it respectful & are knowledgeable about their sport!

Teddy Cutler ‏@TeddyCutler
@OliCoyle Would rather an aggressive football fan than an aggressive Sky fan.

@TeddyCutler Haha haven't encountered too many of those yet, Sky fans are generally just glory fans anyhow!

I think most skyfans are actually pretty harmless. Most of the clinic insanity comes from just a few posters on 50 different accounts.

deeno1975 said:
As a matter of interest what WAS your opinion when Lance and Postal were burning up the Tour? Were you appalled and wondered "What's the f**k is going on here?" Or did you buy the marginal gains, never tested positive, I've too much to loose if I test positive etc

Bottom line is Sky has well surpassed the Lance and US Postal level of suspicion and you may smirk but there is one big elephant in the room and burying your head in the sand does not mean he does not exist. Sky are at best suspicious and at worst (and probably more than likely) rotten to the core.
Foxxy is on record as not believing in Sky or Froome's cleanliness at all, actually, but wanting to redress the balance a bit given the perceived bias of the Clinic. Their way of achieving this is partly by deprecating the case against Sky or attacking the more rabid anti-Sky posters, but mainly by sideswiping every discussion in sight, whether it relates to Sky or not, to point out that actually everybody is fine and no problem except Chris Horner and Daniel Díaz.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Thomas is absurdly strong.
Interviewer: Do you do much off-bike training?

Thomas: I do some core work and some stretching but it is mainly on the bike stuff. During my off season I try to walk a bit to help burn off some of the excesses!
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle ... -de-france

jeez. somebody tell him there are much more effective ways to achieve that.
L-Carnitine, ooc cortisone. I thought Sky are all about exploiting that legal grey area?

sniper said:
SeriousSam said:
Thomas is absurdly strong.
Interviewer: Do you do much off-bike training?

Thomas: I do some core work and some stretching but it is mainly on the bike stuff. During my off season I try to walk a bit to help burn off some of the excesses!
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle ... -de-france

jeez. somebody tell him there are much more effective ways to achieve that.
L-Carnitine, ooc cortisone. I thought Sky are all about exploiting that legal grey area?

Nothing as effective as swimming.

Re:

luckyboy said:
Richard Moore @richardmoore73 6m
Some interesting stuff in Sunday Times today about British athletes and possible abuse of thyroid medication. Behind paywall.

Anybody see this?

Did somebody say thyroid medication? http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014241 ... 3149043072

Maybe it's covered in the "doping in other sports" thread? Nike Oregon Project/Salazar finally getting some overdue scrutiny.

Doctor in that link above has denied experimenting for a long time. He used the Fuentes claim of "elite athletic training is not healthy. I help the athletes be healthy." Now, it turns out he was experimenting with athletes.

TRENDING THREADS