• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1339 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Sky

Two corporations who might stand to win from busting Sky are British Telecom and the BBC. The former is in a commercial war and the latter is slowly losing all its sports' portfolio plus jobs (and funding) under this UK government.

Re:

hfer07 said:
LOL

UK Postal getting the inside Knowledge from US Postal :D

.....and yet people get mad when SKY is "unfairly" compared to US Postal after the facts are irrefutably pointing out how BOTH teams structures are based on massive/systematic doping practices to obtain results.

do we really need another 10 years of waiting and a SKY whistle blower to accept that is so evident? Oprah might not be around for a disclosure interview......
Jeremy Kyle
"we'll reveal the results of the test after the break"...

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Re: Re:

doperhopper said:
Mayo from Mayo said:
Interesting article in Liberation. Pierre Ballester appears to take a slightly different view from his erstwhile 'copain', Walsh.

http://www.liberation.fr/sports/2015/07/15/pierre-ballester-froome-et-la-sky-sont-la-pour-tuer-le-tour-pas-pour-faire-rever_1348471

Made my day:

Difference between Froome and Armstrong?
No VroomCharity!

Well, yet... how about some AlienStrong - Mutants Against Badzilla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD9rGyff34o
Published on 20 Nov 2013

2013 Tour de France winner Chris Froome left the country on Tuesday after a 10-day visit. While in Kenya, the British cyclist shared his plans of setting up a cycling foundation with his old mentor and friend David Kinjah. The Kenyan-born Teamsky cyclist also shared his experience during his time in Kenya and what prompted his move to Britain where he achieved his greatest success.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/19/us-cycling-froome-kenya-idUSBRE9AI0Z020131119

Cannot find anything current, however.

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I do not like Sky, Froome, Porte etc at all and I do "feel" they are doping but if I am objective, what is the most realiable indications that they are doping? I say indications because there are no hard evidence, true?

What I see is:
- Froome almost coming out of nowhere becoming the pretty much the best TTer and climber around

- the team dominating TdF for 4 years and looking with a lot of potential for another few years of victories (Froome would be podium last year probably if it had not been for his crash)

- super strong domestiques

- performances at the edge of what supposedly is humanly possible

- performances which is in line with times of the "good old days"

- a couple of TUE events

Honestly, what I feel is the strongest indication, is the super strong domestique performance. It could be that froome is really just super super strong, who knows. Real genetic freaks that can do superior performances, do exist although rare. He could be one. But seeing eg. how Porte in the Giro was pretty week and suddenly he pulls the peleton and beats Quintana, just smells. Two genetic freaks on the same team, no....

What else should I add to my list? What do you think is the strongest indication of doping

Re:

Andreasjs said:
What I see is:
- Froome almost coming out of nowhere becoming the pretty much the best TTer and climber around
- the team dominating TdF for 4 years and looking with a lot of potential for another few years of victories (Froome would be podium last year probably if it had not been for his crash)
- super strong domestiques
- performances at the edge of what supposedly is humanly possible
- performances which is in line with times of the "good old days"
- a couple of TUE events
- Working with Leinders, de Jongh, Julich, ... and pretending not to know they had anything to do with doping
- Wiggins losing weight to improve his climbing and simultaneously improving his TT at age > 30
- Rogers being a known Ferrari/Freiburg/Whatever client yet reaching his best climbing level at Sky

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Their Director Sportiff visiting the dope courier of Lance with the Sky automobile.

I'm still laughing about that one, you need insane amounts of layers of denial not to wonder about that incident :D

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Franklin said:
Their Director Sportiff visiting the dope courier of Lance with the Sky automobile.

I'm still laughing about that one, you need insane amounts of layers of denial not to wonder about that incident :D

2l8f8fs.jpg

ie417d.jpg

or if you prefer, the redacted version from the "Reasoned decision":
http://d3epuodzu3wuis.cloudfront.net/FA+Exhibit+A+-+photo.pdf

LOL, love this from the CN intro to today's stage (written, obviously, before the Tour started):

This is the kind of stage that Sky would have tried to dominate two or three years ago. When they had the best GC rider and the strongest, most disciplined and best-prepared team, it made sense for them to sit on the front of the peloton and set a fast pace. Once most of their rivals had been dropped, Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome could then go on and take the time they needed to win the Tour. However, Sky haven’t quite reached those heights since 2013

They are killing racing. There is a group of 10 riders and Sky have 3 of them. Totally unfussed if guys like Contador or Nibali attack. G Thomas and Richie Porte have those two riders worth 12/10 gts between them, under control.

They don't even react if these guys attack. They can bring back best non sky riders back easily without making any effort.

Re:

The Hitch said:
They are killing racing. There is a group of 10 riders and Sky have 3 of them. Totally unfussed if guys like Contador or Nibali attack. G Thomas and Richie Porte have those two riders worth 12/10 gts between them, under control.

They don't even react if these guys attack. They can bring back best non sky riders back easily without making any effort.

Absurd. I said this in the other thread, but Jens hilarious just now when Contador attacked. "Good attack but how long can he keep up 500-600 watts?"