• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tennis

Page 70 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Conspiracy-wise, when Nadal started the match and was playing so abysmally, the evil thought did cross my mind that his obvious bad mood might be explained by his having just been given bad news of a failed drugs test.

What he said at the post-match interview was a load of rubbish as the Telegraph points out but we'll never get a truthful explanation.

I hasten to add that my suspicions of players who are so obviously not telling the truth in interviews, arises from the time Cilic was encouraged to lie by the Wimbledon authorities and the ITF. If you remember, he faked a knee injury at the 2013 tournament to explain away his withdrawal after winning his first round match. What we didn't know but later learned, was that he'd failed a drugs test

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23067270

In tennis, lying to the public is allowed, encouraged even. It forms part of official anti-doping policy.

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
zebedee said:
I hasten to add that my suspicions of players who are so obviously not telling the truth in interviews, arises from the time Cilic was encouraged to lie by the Wimbledon authorities and the ITF. If you remember, he faked a knee injury at the 2013 tournament to explain away his withdrawal after winning his first round match. What we didn't know but later learned, was that he'd failed a drugs test

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23067270

In tennis, lying to the public is allowed, encouraged even. It forms part of official anti-doping policy.

Exactly Zebedee. Like I posted earlier:

Ticker said:
Could have been a certain player in 2004, 2006, 2012. But the ITF are refusing to release such information. So yeah...

Most recently in the form of tennis consultant/manager Alan Moore ? currently affiliated with WTA players Vitalia Diatchenko, Marta Sirokina and Anastasia Rodionova ? who interestingly claims that six years ago an unnamed Croatian WTA player represented by his former management company was silently banned for six months after failing a drugs test.

A tennis player my former company managed went to train at TenisVal some years ago ? breaking her contract to do so. She returned to Croatia leaner, stronger and with notable skin irritations. It came as no surprise that a random drugs test found her to have taken anabolic steroids, amongst other banned drugs. She received a 6 month ban and went back on tour. The governing body of tennis, the ITF, were informed fully of what had happened, yet in the 6 years that have passed nothing has happened.

Of course, the identity of the player in question is largely irrelevant. What is relevant is that someone involved with women?s players and the women?s tour has disclosed an actual example of the ITF allegedly being actively involved in the much-discussed concept of silently banning a player, or else being aware of player(s) banned for doping and refusing to disclose such information. Interesting indeed.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130210002907/http://footfault.net/2013/02/05/sports-consultant-claims-the-itf-was-involved-in-silently-banning-a-female-player/

There is probably some truth to this. This isn't a surprise considering that if the Croatian media hadn't leaked Cilic's result the public would have accepted the knee injury story.

From 2013:-

Sept. 24 (Bloomberg) -- The International Tennis Federation said on June 26 that Marin Cilic was withdrawing from the Wimbledon championship because of a knee injury. In reality, he was beginning an anti-doping suspension.

The ITF, the sport's ruling body, published a report today that shows how it kept the case of the player then ranked No. 11 in the world private during the grass-court Grand Slam under a policy that aims to protect the reputation of players in case they turn out to be innocent.

The ATP, the men's tour organizer, has concealed 'many' doping violations in the past, former Spanish tennis federation president Pedro Munoz said in an interview. The ATP says it has always acted within the rules.

Cilic was handed a nine-month ban by the ITF for testing positive for the stimulant nikethamide, which a panel found he took inadvertently in tablets bought by his mother. The 'hushing up' approach risks damaging the credibility and sponsorships of tennis just as it increases efforts to boost drug testing, according to Simon Chadwick, a professor of sports business strategy at the U.K.'s Coventry University.

"It looks like damage limitation on the part of the ITF, that they are trying to protect television contracts and sponsorships," Chadwick said.

The London-based ITF's sponsors include BNP Paribas SA, and the ATP, based in Monaco, counts Emirates Airline among its backers. ITF spokesman Nick Imison said its anti-doping rules are drawn up with the men's and women's tours, and are constantly under review. Tennis is acting within world anti-doping guidelines that give sports federations some 'flexibility in terms of disclosure' when athletes test positive for a banned substance, Ben Nichols, a World Anti-Doping Agency spokesman, said in an e-mail from Montreal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note the remarks above of the former president of the Spanish tennis federation regarding cover-ups of 'many' past doping violations.

Tennis anti-doping policy can be summarised as Dope, Lie and Conceal. This is considered by the authorities as 'acting within the rules'.

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Would you buy a used car from one of these guys ?

toni.jpg

pg2_a_belichick_300.jpg

blackcat said:
isnt this conspiracy/hyperbole and confirmation bias.

Why does Rafa need to take an upper or amphetamines at a bathroom break. We know he is doping already, and overtly cheating when he takes strategic bathroom breaks.

or or or, is this the only way where journalists can give a veiled allegation to the doping, they talk about other things apart from the doping, but are using this $hit as a cipher/metaphor to really talk about his other doping ???

If I understand you correctly, I agree 100%. Even Serena got into the game by asking the chair umpire if it was ok to order a coffee during a break in play.
When her request was granted, she put a towel over her mouth when drinking her espresso.
I sometimes think I need a doctoral certificate when reading your responses, so my apologies if i'm way off base here. The doctoral certificate is not coming my way anytime soon.
I mentioned my correspondence with a noted tennis columnist (Tom Tebbut) in another thread when I asked if the columnist latest column (which seemed like a veiled reference to doping) was in reference to doping. He responded by saying absolutely not. Nothing to see here. (Though he did say he read and loved David foster Wallace's essays on tennis; so he is forgiven for bull****ting me)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
the delgados said:
If I understand you correctly, I agree 100%. Even Serena got into the game by asking the chair umpire if it was ok to order a coffee during a break in play.
When her request was granted, she put a towel over her mouth when drinking her espresso.
I sometimes think I need a doctoral certificate when reading your responses, so my apologies if i'm way off base here. The doctoral certificate is not coming my way anytime soon.
I mentioned my correspondence with a noted tennis columnist (Tom Tebbut) in another thread when I asked if the columnist latest column (which seemed like a veiled reference to doping) was in reference to doping. He responded by saying absolutely not. Nothing to see here. (Though he did say he read and loved David foster Wallace's essays on tennis; so he is forgiven for bull****ting me)
So we think the tennis players might do some pot belge to get them over the hump in the final sets. or those bronchial steroids in the asthma puffer like Froome took on one stage.

and the bronchial steroids, are not what a layperson considers steroids qua steroids. i am not a medicine person, I am not sure how it works.

but asking for the coffee is just some deflection or misdirection you reckon, she might be taking some "upper" or an equivalent of pot belge for tennis players. I will always remember the anecdote when Leon Van Bon won the Philly Pros in the triple crown for Mercury Viatel around 2000, he p!ssed in his bibshorts when the tester wanted his sample? relevance? well, how would a tester get a sample from Serena? Oh, they rarely test the big guys you say? oh, ofcourse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout

the only person who can wear a head bandana is aaron krickstein, apart from DFW cos DFW is god

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
zebedee said:

Sept. 24 (Bloomberg) -- The International Tennis Federation said on June 26 that Marin Cilic was withdrawing from the Wimbledon championship because of a knee injury. In reality, he was beginning an anti-doping suspension.

The ITF, the sport's ruling body, published a report today that shows how it kept the case of the player then ranked No. 11 in the world private during the grass-court Grand Slam under a policy that aims to protect the reputation of players in case they turn out to be innocent.

The ATP, the men's tour organizer, has concealed 'many' doping violations in the past, former Spanish tennis federation president Pedro Munoz said in an interview. The ATP says it has always acted within the rules.

Cilic was handed a nine-month ban by the ITF for testing positive for the stimulant nikethamide, which a panel found he took inadvertently in tablets bought by his mother. The 'hushing up' approach risks damaging the credibility and sponsorships of tennis just as it increases efforts to boost drug testing, according to Simon Chadwick, a professor of sports business strategy at the U.K.'s Coventry University.

"It looks like damage limitation on the part of the ITF, that they are trying to protect television contracts and sponsorships," Chadwick said.

The London-based ITF's sponsors include BNP Paribas SA, and the ATP, based in Monaco, counts Emirates Airline among its backers. ITF spokesman Nick Imison said its anti-doping rules are drawn up with the men's and women's tours, and are constantly under review. Tennis is acting within world anti-doping guidelines that give sports federations some 'flexibility in terms of disclosure' when athletes test positive for a banned substance, Ben Nichols, a World Anti-Doping Agency spokesman, said in an e-mail from Montreal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note the remarks above of the former president of the Spanish tennis federation regarding cover-ups of 'many' past doping violations.

Tennis anti-doping policy can be summarised as Dope, Lie and Conceal. This is considered by the authorities as 'acting within the rules'.
Nikethamide, does Beaverton know and can they sue for trademark violation?

Nike- Greek goddess who personifies victory and doping to victory.

blackcat said:
So we think the tennis players might do some pot belge to get them over the hump in the final sets. or those bronchial steroids in the asthma puffer like Froome took on one stage.

and the bronchial steroids, are not what a layperson considers steroids qua steroids. i am not a medicine person, I am not sure how it works.

but asking for the coffee is just some deflection or misdirection you reckon, she might be taking some "upper" or an equivalent of pot belge for tennis players. I will always remember the anecdote when Leon Van Bon won the Philly Pros in the triple crown for Mercury Viatel around 2000, he p!ssed in his bibshorts when the tester wanted his sample? relevance? well, how would a tester get a sample from Serena? Oh, they rarely test the big guys you say? oh, ofcourse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout

the only person who can wear a head bandana is aaron krickstein, apart from JFW cos JFW is god

You mean DFW, right? If so, I agree that David Foster Wallace was a genius. I used to play tennis as a kid, and I liked it a lot. But DFW got me hooked on the sport as a spectator. I highly recommend his essays on tennis to anyone who has even a passing interest in the sport.
Yes, I think the towel over the mouth while drinking coffee is a form of misdirection. I'd be surprised if she was doping on court, but what the hell do I know?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
the delgados said:
You mean DFW, right? If so, I agree that David Foster Wallace was a genius. I used to play tennis as a kid, and I liked it a lot. But DFW got me hooked on the sport as a spectator. I highly recommend his essays on tennis to anyone who has even a passing interest in the sport.
Yes, I think the towel over the mouth while drinking coffee is a form of misdirection. I'd be surprised if she was doping on court, but what the hell do I know?
edited for DFW not J.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
edited for DFW not J.
I like how Serena's people got the youtube clip of her threatening a lineswoman to shove this ball down your throat and gut you, removed from youtube. like Armstrong's people removed the really fake frankie XtraNormal youtube clips with STFU Levi and weak willed Horner.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
so we are 15 minutes into the semi between Stan and Novak and there is already a trainer involved with chemicals.

Tennis is a sport with zero credibility these days.

If you mean the trainer for Stan, the trainer gave him eye drops...

Must've been ****ty chemicals as he lost the set :D

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone accused Kim Sears / Mrs Murray Junior of "Roid Rage" after her outburst yesterday? It was as blatant as Mrs Federer at the O2 Arena last year.

I think you guys are "asleep at the wheel" focusing on the usual suspects whilst new offenders get a free ride.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
zebedee said:

makes perfect sense, unfortunately.
tennis embodies the reality of antidoping.

your remarks at the bottom hit nail on head.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
zebedee said:
Cilic was handed a nine-month ban by the ITF for testing positive for the stimulant nikethamide, which a panel found he took inadvertently in tablets bought by his mother.

`Tablets bought by his mother' I love it!

Hawkwood said:
`Tablets bought by his mother' I love it!
didn't djoko's best man get off on the same excuse.

In cycling I can't see any rider ever getting off on that.

It makes me sad when I hear people say that Flandis didn't win the 2006 Tour or Contador didn't win the 2010 Tour etc but then not apply that to the last 20 years of tennis.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
didn't djoko's best man get off on the same excuse.

In cycling I can't see any rider ever getting off on that.

It makes me sad when I hear people say that Flandis didn't win the 2006 Tour or Contador didn't win the 2010 Tour etc but then not apply that to the last 20 years of tennis.

Sheer class `me mum supplied me with the gear'!

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
some STFU! Levi from Sheryl Kik and Anna

oh, plus an Olsen sister. which one was it?
some of these players' women are *****es plain and simple.
federer's wife insulting wawrinka also springs to mind.

But he who laughs last laughs best. Meet Berdych's girlfriend:
Ester-Satarova-girlfriend-of-Tomas-Berdych-girlfriend-of-rafael-nadal-tennis-wimbledon-wags-2013-25-06-2013-png_151625.png

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I posted this on a tennis forum. I thought I would copy it here.

If I was going to build a tennis champion today, I would :

- Choose a subject that comes from a country that protects their dopers. If he is ever caught, he WILL be "exonerated" by the local authorities.
- Don't worry about proper swing mechanics or Tennis IQ (positioning, strategy,...), since it's speed, strength, and stamina that wins today.
- Starting at the age of 12, start giving him/her HGH, or IGF-1. This will add height, and strength. There is very little drug-testing on juniors.
- Teach them how to hit with a small chance of errors (much spin).
- Get them to practise, DEFENCE, DEFENCE, DEFENCE.
- Consult with a doctor who knows how to beat the drug tests. Make sure this doctor has connections with the ITF, and WADA, so that you can adjust your doping regime when the tests change.
- Fake an injury 1 to 3 months before each slam, then claim they are getting an experimental treatment that can be used to mask illegal treatments, while actually getting HGH, or IGF-1 treatments. This improves "fast-twitch muscle" strength, which in turn improves acceleration, and strength.
- Get them to "cycle up" on EPO, and Testosterone for the big matches (2nd week of slams). Since the testing at slams are only after matches are played, and you only play every other day, you can dope on off days. You will NEVER get caught, since EPO, and Testosterone can be administered without testing positive 24 hours later. This will improve speed, strength, and stamina. This will give the appearance of "mental strength", since your charge will know he/she can outlast anyone else.

Guarantees 10 + slams (most of them at French Open) over their career.

TRENDING THREADS