• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2019 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
My points for the week. Quite happy but I also see much room for improvement.

Obviously the main highlight is Gaudu's strong performance in UAE. I am also happy with Moschetti's surprising 2nd place in Hatta Dam.

Barguil seems to have found his mojo back, but at the same time it is unfortunate he crashed on Saturday because he could have scored more.

Cortina and Küng looked really strong this weekend, but it didn't translate to many points. Hopefully they keep this up and score some big results. Today I was disappointed to see Venturini crash in KBK because I was eager to see if he could place himself in the sprint.

Gaudu 144
Gaviria 89
Barguil 40
Moschetti 23
Cortina 20
Küng 19
Kittel 17
Theuns 17
Halvorsen 13
Walscheid 6
Vliegen 5

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Re:

tobydawq said:
Okay, when is the limit (amount of teams a rider is on) for when you can be happy that a rider delivers without having to have people roll their eyes at you?

I'm happy with the 4th place for him, I have him, even though 66 others do as well.

I just WISH that any many other people didn't

:rolleyes: was not aimed at you "tobydawq", it was more aimed at me for not picking a more unique pick

Re: Re:

Falze said:
tobydawq said:
Okay, when is the limit (amount of teams a rider is on) for when you can be happy that a rider delivers without having to have people roll their eyes at you?

I'm happy with the 4th place for him, I have him, even though 66 others do as well.

:rolleyes: was not aimed at you "tobydawq", it was more aimed at me for not picking a more unique pick

Ah, alright then. At a price of 37 points I'm actually surprised more people don't have him.

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Falze said:
tobydawq said:

Ah, alright then. At a price of 37 points I'm actually surprised more people don't have him.

Small mercies I suppose then :lol:

I believe both Venturini and Vliegen finished in the top-20, but that isn't going to earn me many points. Especially Venturini looked quite strong but used his power at the wrong times. Still have to be happy that both seem in good shape.
PS I did not pick Boom because I think he is a very unpleasant individual and don't want to cheer for him. But I'm surprised he is "only" on 68 teams.

Update #8: Leadbelly sings the Opening Weekend Blues

The end of February comes with a sharp contrast for the cycling fan, going from watching riders ride across unpeopled desert landscapes in the last of the preseason hot races, to watching other riders jostling for position before the Molenberg clad in cold weather garb on Opening Weekend. The creation of a third-tier of WorldTour races has helped this week in the CQ points front as well, with the UAE Tour and Het Volk both attaining that level with the changes a couple of years back. The result is a week with a decent amount of points on offer.

This Week's Top Scorers

Rank Team Points this week
1 Leadbelly 620
2 Blues in the bottle 513
3 Roubaix 506
4 Riverside 484
5 Salvarani 475

It's a dominant win for Leadbelly this week, by over 100 points! Leadbelly has a rare team overall but their most popular rider, David Gaudu (57 teams) was also the biggest point-getter this week at 144. This was complemented by solid performances all around from Wilco Kelderman, Lilian Calmejane, Matteo Badilatti and James Knox (94, 80, 71 and 64 points respectively, and all picked by 10 or fewer teams). Throw in solid points from mildly popular picks De Plus and Trentin and you've got a recipe for a win. Blues in the bottle has a great week too, albeit 100 points back, getting 45 or more points from Gaviria, Ewan, Contreras, Knox and De Plus, on top of Gaudu's points. Roubaix slots into third as the only other team over 500 points, with of course Gaudu being the tide that floats all CQ boats this week, and some similar names as above plus Senechal and Barguil.

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 Leadbelly (+54)
2 Roubaix (+34)
3 Riverside (+28)
4 Akuryo (+25)
5 EvansIsTheBest (+23)
5 GP Blanco (+23)
5 merengues (+23)

No surprise that Leadbelly's huge week sees a huge leap in the standings, and Roubaix moves up a spot by virtue of Blues in the bottle being high enough already that there wasn't much space to move (more on that below). Riverside rounds out the podium here, supplementing more common riders with the likes of Groenewegen (2 teams) and Keukeleire (5 teams).

This Month's Top Scorers

Rank Team Points this Month
1 Leadbelly 1201
2 Nicosix 1167
3 Salvarani 1127
4 Riverside 1056
5 Blues in the bottle 1032

Leadbelly's big week translates into a big February, topping the monthly charts at 1201 points. As nearly half of that was from this week, beyond this week's contributors there isn't much to mention, mostly Bernal, Ciccone and Lietaer (and a bunch more from Trentin). Nicosix had a great top-heavy month to get 2nd, with great performances (>80 points) from 7 of their top 8 most expensive riders (A. Yates, Kelderman, Gaviria, Trentin, Gaudu, Kittel - only Nibali didn't pick up many), and Salvarani tops 1100 for third on the month.

This Month's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 Leadbelly (+77)
2 Riverside (+63)
3 armchairclimber (+52)
4 Nicosix (+48)
5 vladimir (+38)

Leadbelly gets the four-way clean sweep!! This week's huge rise was only part of a month-long upward trend, moving up 77 spots on the 110-spot table. Riverside doubles up on the 'high mover of the week/high mover of the month' table as well, whereas last week's top scorer armchairclimber goes about halfway up the table over the course of February.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Total
1 just_some_guy 95
1 MADRAZO 95
3 Nicosix 73
3 Googolplex 73
3 Popchu 73

The board is the same as last week save for Nicosix somehow gaining exactly enough points to create a three-way tie for third overall behind the two-way tie for first. I'm guessing one of the teams in third place will finish in 5th this week to get exactly 22 points and go into a tie for first.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/down Team Points
1 (+5) Blues in the bottle 1871
2 (+3) Salvarani 1837
3 (-2) MADRAZO 1819
4 (-2) Amis_Velo 1794
5 (-1) just_some_guy 1741
6 (+10) Nicosix 1663
7 (+5) Londonpat 1653
8 (+5) yoyokt 1647
9 (-) Squire 1629
10 (+5) shalgo 1591

Some real shakeup in the overall this week! Blues in the bottle parlays a great week on top of an already high overall standing to leap into first place. It's a close battle though, as Salvarani also had a great week and lies 44 points behind, while former top dog MADRAZO is only 18 points behind Salvarani. Big jumps into the top 10 from Nicosix, Londonpat, yoyokt and shalgo, while we lose TheArt, tobydawq, Popchu and Otoxiep87.

This week is not quite as packed, with just La Samyn today before the weekend gets exciting with Strade Bianche and the beginning of Paris-Nice.

Spreadsheet at dropbox

Thanks for the updates skidmark, and thanks for the good news :) .

350 points and a gain of 20 spots, after 310 and 18 last week. GREAT!

Gaudu, Gaviria, Ewan helped, but some like Eiking brought bread to my table. I'm going to suffer in the classics though. Besides Stannard, I only have long shots.

Dec 31, 2017
Visit site
I'm 18 in the overall ranking but still 0 points into the green jersey competition. Pretty weird. With Landa, Porte and Nibali, my 3 most expensive picks, all sucking till now for very different reasons I'm pretty happy with my results so far being this my second year in the game and after last year 100's position in the final rankings

TRENDING THREADS