• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2019 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 49 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Best week in months lol. I been in sort of a free fall.

Trentin and Ewan both into profit, and Ewan won today which will be counted in the next update I think. Vlasov also turning out to have been a great pick. Did well in Austria with a stage win and a high placement on GC.

I'm not doing as badly in the tour as I'd feared, mainly thanks to Van Aert and Ciccone. However, I will get hammered in the GC points as Nibali is busted, Gaudu is on super-dom duty, Ciccone took a hit yesterday and Schachmann has been messing about .... hopefully he'll try to get away for a stage win at some point.

Re:

Simurgh said:
Ever since the Giro, where I was close to being mid-table, I have been in a free fall, landing in the absolute bottom. :eek: i've given up regarding this year! Perhaps next year will be better
Consider it a learning experience. I ended last year at almost the bottom of the table in 120th but somehow have turned that around and am sitting in 8th this year.
So there is always hope

Atm Landa is saving my Tour, Ciccone has been a pleasant surprise, same with Kämna. Maybe Porte will also manage to finish inside the top 10.
Many of my picks are racing in Adriatica-Ionica, so I expect at least a few points and hopefully Remco won't score a lot of them (picking Vacek instead of him because I like the guy was pretty stupid).

Update #28: Tonton gets the stage win, moves up overall

Another non-GC week in the Tour means the CQ points are at a simmer, not yet a boil. Next week will be the real reckoning, but in the meantime, there's a CQ week to be claimed!

This Week's Top Scorers

Rank Team Points this week
1 Tonton 218
2 PremierAndrew 166
3 tobydawq 155
4 AlyKaptan 152
5 DFA123 150

When you have a unique pick that is coming off his best CQ year ever, you know you're a fan of the rider, and this is one of those weeks it all pays off. Tonton gets 135 points from Thibaut Pinot, 80 from Caleb Ewan, and 3 from Cees Bol and that's enough to win the week by a decent margin. Hopefully next week might be a big one too! PremierAndrew slots into second, getting points from a variety of riders including Landa and Ewan, while tobydawq claims third.

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 AlyKaptan (+7)
1 PremierAndrew (+7)
3 Salvarani (+5)
3 Tonton (+5)
3 Yellow Knight (+5)

Not much movement this week - AlyKaptan ties PremierAndrew for first, on the strength of rare pick Groenwegen (50 points, 2 teams) and unique pick Grosu (66 points). As someone who picked Grosu two years in a row to see him do nothing, it's nice to see him pay off for someone at least.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Total
1 armchairclimber 193
2 MADRAZO 185
3 skidmark 171
4 ruvu75 166
5 Jancouver 161

No points scored by anyone in the top 5 (or 10 for that matter) - Jancouver gets 16th on the week and juuust misses out on some points.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/down Team Points
1 (-) karaev 9339
2 (-) fauniera 9283
3 (-) Kryvo 9193
4 (-) skidmark 9125
5 (+1) Nyssinator 8918
6 (-1) SafeBet 8913
7 (-) ruvu75 8854
8 (-) Tigerion 8798
9 (+2) DFA123 8730
10 (-1) TheArt 8709

Everyone in the top 10 had fewer than 100 points this week, save DFA123 who joins the top 10 at the expense of Object, who just drops out. fauniera gains 44 points on karaev, whose lead is now 56 points. As next week has the Tour GC points, it's likely to be a big one - we shall see how it shakes out!

spreadsheet at dropbox

I can't believe that I won a week!!! You guys/gals are so good and knowledgeable, kick my butt week in and week out, so I feel both humble and also excited as next week's update may be HUGE for me with Caleb winning today and Tibopino extremely competitive at this year's Tour. WOW!!! Back in the Top-100 :D .

Tonton said:
I can't believe that I won a week!!! You guys/gals are so good and knowledgeable, kick my butt week in and week out, so I feel both humble and also excited as next week's update may be HUGE for me with Caleb winning today and Tibopino extremely competitive at this year's Tour. WOW!!! Back in the Top-100 :D .
Well done
Don't forget Caleb's forth coming win on Sunday

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
TDF 10th, 13th and 14th - I'll take it.
And Padun, Conci and Evenepoel going well in Italy.
Nibali and Landa scored some nice stage points. Gc wise it went better than expected, Landa did good and Porte & Aru were decent. In Italy I have Padun, Conci, Caicedo and Dani Munoz plus Hodeg for the sprints, looks like a good week for me.

TRENDING THREADS