• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2021 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Can’t believe I’m top 10!? In all my previous years I was somewhere near the bottom. This year I was pleased with 22nd in the first week, psyched with 15th last week, and amazed at top 10 this week!

I know it can’t last, if for no other reason than I didn’t get around to replacing Dumoulin.

UAE is proving to be a bit of a flop. Started well with Van der Poel winning stage 1 but nothing of note, other than Higuita grabbing a few points, since.

This weekend races;

OHN

POLITT
LAPORTE
MOSCON
PIDCOCK
VANMARCKE
JACOBS
TERPSTRA

KBK

HODEG
SARREAU
POLITT
MOSCON
PIDCOCK
LAPORTE
BRENNER
VAN DER POEL
TERPSTRA

FAUN ARDECHE

CAVAGNA
GAUDU

ROYAL BERNARD DROME

CAVAGNA
GAUDU
HAILU

Disappointing that my main two guys for the classics (Sagan and Van der Poel) are missing Omloop. At least Van der Poel is riding KBK so might pick up a few points there.

Over in France, hoping Cavagna can repeat last years success and Gaudu looked decent last week in Haut Var, so while not quantity there may be some quality in those two races.

Oh Lutsenko. You lovable loser. How you have let me down. REALLY wishing Sagan could have raced this weekend. Dug me a hole!
I know what you mean, man! Lutsenko has been a huge disappointment this year so far, but thankfully he showed some glimpse of form today.

My team for Omloop:

Alaphilippe
Wellens
Van Avermaet
Naesen
Laporte
Pidcock
Vanmarcke
Kristoff
Trentin
Politt

Not too shabby, huh!?

I know what you mean, man! Lutsenko has been a huge disappointment this year so far, but thankfully he showed some glimpse of form today.

My team for Omloop:

Alaphilippe
Wellens
Van Avermaet
Naesen
Laporte
Pidcock
Vanmarcke
Kristoff
Trentin
Politt

Not too shabby, huh!?

So you're the one who stole all my riders! I knew there must have been a theft, when I looked at my team for the opening weekend and saw like three guys.

Jan 10, 2021
Visit site
I dropped out of the top 10 after just scoring 10 points last week. UAE also doesn't look that good with only Buchmann, Lutsenko and Froome riding. However, OHN and KBK should give me lots of points with 16 and 18 riders starting respectively.
And most of those should be able to perform.

OHN and KBK
Stuyven Jasper
Van Avermaet Greg
Naesen Oliver
Politt Nils
Pidcock Thomas
Wellens Tim
Kristoff Alexander
Trentin Matteo
Colbrelli Sonny
Teuns Dylan
Laporte Christophe
Jansen Amund Grondahl
Benoot Tiesj
Boasson Hagen Edvald

Only OHN
Vanmarcke Sep
Bardet Romain

Only KBK
Sarreau Marc
Mareczko Jakub
Halvorsen Kristoffer
Dupont Timothy

Latour Pierre will try to give me some points in the French races.

OHN

Kasper Asgreen
Jonas Koch
Nils Politt
Sonny Colbrelli
Ivan Garcia Cortina
Mathias Norsgaard
Gonzalo Serrano

Classic Sud Ardeche & La Drome Classic

Remi Cavagna
Jesus Herrada
Ion Izagirre
Cristian Munoz

KBK

Kasper Asgreen
Nils Politt
Jonas Koch
Sonny Colbrelli

Wasn't expecting too much from UAE, and even those small hopes were dashed after the first stage. But Higuita is already looking pretty good and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do this year. Best of all is the definite signs of recovery from Viviani

Last edited:
So far it has been a very slow start for me in the early races. Hoping to bounce back when we get into the classics...

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad
VAN AVERMAET Greg
NAESEN Oliver
POLITT Nils
LAPORTE Christophe
PIDCOCK Thomas
VANMARCKE Sep
JANSEN Amund Grøndahl
BARDET Romain
KRISTOFF Alexander
LAWLESS Chris

Faun-Ardèche
PINOT Thibaut
SIMMONS Quinn
ARU Fabio

Kuurne - Bruxelles - Kuurne
VAN AVERMAET Greg
NAESEN Oliver
SARREAU Marc
KRISTOFF Alexander
LAPORTE Christophe
JANSEN Amund Grøndahl

Royal Bernard Drome
ARU Fabio
SIMMONS Quinn

Omloop

Laporte
Wellens
Trentin
Vermeersch
Moscon
Colbrelli
Van Der Hoorn
Vanmarcke
Jansen
Pidcock
Politt
And er, Bardet

KBK

Laporte
Wellens
Trentin
Vermeersch
Moscon
Colbrelli
Jansen
Pidcock
Politt
Dupont
Mareczko

Always have a very strong bias to the classics season when selecting my team, probably to the detriment of its overall success. Even without the notable absence of Sagan and Evenepoel, those are pretty good lineups so I'm hoping for a couple of top ten placings, at least

Conversely, for the two French races, I'll be relying on the dynamic duo of Lastra and Hagen

So... Is there an easy way to track what riders you have where and a link to the updated scoring spreadsheet?
He'll update the scoring sheet once a week after the monday CQ ranking come out. For tracking your own team, just make a spreadsheet of your team, then start checking the races at procyclingstats.com. they have updated start lists for each race, so you can see where your guys are starting.

With this week's dowload already up on CQ I ran a personal update after a decent week from GVA, Trentin, Turgis, Mollema, Gilbert, Politt, Vanmarcke, Pidcock... didn't expect to be only 20th for the week! I won't steal skidmark's limelight but there's some four-figure weekly scores which seems pretty outrageous to me for the last week in Feb!

• Wow
Reactions: DJ Sprtsch
UAE was a washout for me. The opening weekend ok, although everyone had Pidcock and Politt. Bagioli was my big bright spot. I'm hoping he's my big breakout rider this year.

Can't wait for Strade Bianche. Alaphilippe, Sagan, Pidcock, Formolo jus for starter.

Please would someone sort Marc Hirschi out for me though. .... mind, he was rubbish early last year too.

Wasn't expecting much from UAE and all I got were promising signs from Viviani, and reassurance that Higuita will probably be a good pick

Opening weekend was good, but judging from the comments above, that might only be enough for mid-table this week.

So on to La Samyn with Vanmarcke, Van Der Hoorne and Dupont. I expect the first two are there as helpers, so will be relying on the Bingoal Bullet

Update #5: The Season is On!

Although the really big points are still in the future, Opening Weekend certainly always feels like its name, and the UAE Tour always feels like... uh, well, some World Tour points, more significant this year as the first WT race without the Australian races. But if anyone was wondering what the CQ game is going to look like in 2021 with tons of relatively 'discounted' riders, this week was definitely a preview to kick it off. Last week Hugo was the only team with over 1000 points; some of this week's scores alone would have caught that mark.

This Week's Top Scorers

RankTeamPoints this week
1Nakazar954
2Otoxiep87845
3Devils_Elbow832
4mineralJ799
5Northerner791

This is some "GC of a Grand Tour week" kind of scores. Nobody makes 4 digits, but Nakazar leads the pack with 954 points. Some of that, including their team's highest scorer (Adam Yates, 175 points, 13 teams) was in the UAE Tour, but the bulk was from Belgium and France. Some good points from relatively rare picks David Gaudu (136 points, 19 teams) and Mads Pedersen (135, 5), and also from Anthony Turgis (98, 2) and Phil Gil (70, 19), as well as more popular picks like Pidcock, Politt and Buchmann. A solid all around effort! Otoxiep87 went another direction, as one of the two teams to take Pogacar (286 points) at his 2000+ point cost, helped by a supporting cost of popular picks (Vanmarcke/Pidcock/Politt) and good value picks like David Dekker (60 points, 10 teams) and Clement Champoussin (78 points, 16). Devils Elbow, winner last week, has another solid outing with a lot more points than last week's relatively minor haul.

This Week's High Movers

1Nakazar(+37)
2escartin(+33)
3ray10(+29)
4Devils_Elbow(+26)
4Rebecops(+26)

Nakazar doubles up here, with the gigantic haul finding a proportionate jump up the standings. The other two on the podium are new names, with escartin benefitting from the same Gaudu/Pedersen combo as Nakazar (as well as another large supporting cast), and ray10 rounds it out with a 29 spot jump.

Green Jersey Competition

RankTeamTotal
1Hugo Koblet118.67
2Devils_Elbow75
3Northerner66
4Nakazar65
5Boris9862.67

Not to be left behind, Hugo Koblet gets 12 points in the green jersey competition for another solid week, and indeed the top 4 overall all scored here this week. Hugo still basically has a one-week (45 points for a win) lead over everyone else. Devils Elbow and Nakazar vault into the top echelon here after two great weeks in a row.

Top 10 Overall

RankUp/downTeamPoints
1(+1)1789
2(-1)Hugo Koblet1777
3(+3)manafana1652
4(+8)Otoxiep871643
5(+10)shalgo1535
6(+14)Total Package1518
7(+37)Nakazar1515
8(+5)Squire1504
9(-)skidmark1486
10(-6)Object1482
10(-3)Jon_Ezeitza1482

Lots of movement on the charts this week - only 3 of the 93 teams are in the same spot as last week - and the top spot switches places by the barest of margins. Despite the good week, Hugo Koblet gets overtaken by Northerner by 12 points, and those two are over 100 points ahead of the next teams on the list. manafana nabs the final podium spot by 9 points. some big jumps into the top 10, with Otoxiep87, shalgo, Total Package, Nakazar and Squire moving in, and rote laterne, Hakkie2, LaFlorecita and RO Shipman falling out.

This week: a bit calmer of a week than last week, but still some good stuff, with La Samyn, Laigueglia mid-week and then Strade Bianche on Saturday, a 1.Pro Italian race Sunday, and the start of Paris-Nice, after which it just keeps rolling. Remember a year ago when the last stage of the UAE Tour was cancelled, Strade Bianche was nixed and Paris-Nice was in doubt and everything was happening very quickly? Phew, I know I've said it before, but I'm grateful to be seeing some racing!

spreadsheet at dropbox

TRENDING THREADS