• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2024 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 47 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Gloag still out until at least June. That will teach a bunch of us not to go for someone who ended his season with an injury about which zero reliable updates had been provided by the deadline for this game...
That's very unlucky. Really wanted to follow him this year but couldn't find anything about his recovery so dropped him at the last moment. He seems ideally suited for a lot of the Fall races though, so could be still be a reasonable pick at least.

Strade
Arensman
Carapaz
Vauquelin
Martinez M
Simmons
Tronchon
Schelling

Mostly hoping the GC riders can avoid injury and that Simmons can do something to repay picking him for a second year. Really interested to see how Tronchon goes in a big race after his great start to the season.

Criquielion/Monserre

Gachignard - looked good at Samyn, but these races might not be selective enough.

Paris-Nice
Plapp
Turner
Thomas B
Leemreize
Charmig
Battistella
Valgren

Plapp to compensate for the lost TDU points would be a nice bonus. Leemreize for stage-hunting?

Note to self; don't try to list your riders a week in advance... here's for the weekend.

Strade
Asgreen
Cort
Honoré
Kamp

Criquielion
Andersen
Bévort
Blume Levy
Changizi
Gudnitz
Larsen
Nielsen
Sander Hansen
Wallin

100 Communes
Salby

Ster van Zwolle
Amdi Pedersen
Stokbro

Paris-Nice
Charmig
Lund
Norsgaard
Pedersen
Skjelmose
Valgren

Monseré
Bévort
Blume Levy
Changizi
Gudnitz
Larsen
Nielsen
Sander Hansen
Wallin

Trofej Porec
Søjberg

Ville de Lillers
Salby

I'm not overly optimistic, to be honest...

Last edited:
Note to self; don't try to list your riders a week in advance... here's for the weekend.

Strade
Asgreen
Cort
Honoré
Kamp

Criquielion
Andersen
Bévort
Blume Levy
Changizi
Gudnitz
Larsen
Nielsen
Sander Hansen
Wallin

100 Communes
Salby

Ster van Zwolle
Amdi Pedersen
Stokbro

Paris-Nice
Charmig
Kragh
Lund
Norsgaard
Pedersen
Skjelmose
Valgren

Monseré
Bévort
Blume Levy
Changizi
Gudnitz
Larsen
Nielsen
Sander Hansen
Wallin

Trofej Porec
Søjberg

Ville de Lillers
Salby

I'm not overly optimistic, to be honest...

Simply write the name of the race and then add the phrase most or all of the Danish riders in the race, and you'll be correct 100% of the time.

Not happy with it yet but threw it online nonetheless:

At a later date I intend to add graphs, will restyle tables to be prettier, add some more statistics when I have more data (now only have year end 2023 and yesterday/today - latter two which are identical). Graphs, for instance on team page I now have rank throughout time in a table. Later will throw that in a graph instead (first need to figure out how though).

Anyway, when opening page you see the team rankings (in an ugly table for now). You can click on a team name to see the composition of the team and historical ranking in competition of said team. Names are clickable but link to CQRankings website. Random Stats tab currently only has one table... Just the 25 riders which have outperformed their 2023 points the most in absolute terms. Last column is clickable which shows which teams hold that rider. Typing this, I should sort probably by ranking of each team in overall competition!

Insert New Data: Can only be done once per day. Updates the CQ Points. Not sure how often they are updated though (nor how quickly) but tracking it daily should cover most cases. Anyone can click it but as mentioned, if data is already there it won't do anything.

Everything on it now will work going forward. If Data is updated the tables will also automatically update of course.

Later will check for an export function. What would be desired for this; Which data and which format? Will need to create this anyway (as well as graphs) for a different purpose so this is a nice test case.

That's fab. The percentage column isn't that aptly named, but we all know what it means. Love it. Great work. Thank you.

Not happy with it yet but threw it online nonetheless:

At a later date I intend to add graphs, will restyle tables to be prettier, add some more statistics when I have more data (now only have year end 2023 and yesterday/today - latter two which are identical). Graphs, for instance on team page I now have rank throughout time in a table. Later will throw that in a graph instead (first need to figure out how though).

Anyway, when opening page you see the team rankings (in an ugly table for now). You can click on a team name to see the composition of the team and historical ranking in competition of said team. Names are clickable but link to CQRankings website. Random Stats tab currently only has one table... Just the 25 riders which have outperformed their 2023 points the most in absolute terms. Last column is clickable which shows which teams hold that rider. Typing this, I should sort probably by ranking of each team in overall competition!

Insert New Data: Can only be done once per day. Updates the CQ Points. Not sure how often they are updated though (nor how quickly) but tracking it daily should cover most cases. Anyone can click it but as mentioned, if data is already there it won't do anything.

Everything on it now will work going forward. If Data is updated the tables will also automatically update of course.

Later will check for an export function. What would be desired for this; Which data and which format? Will need to create this anyway (as well as graphs) for a different purpose so this is a nice test case.
This looks really cool! Thanks for putting that together.

Yeah, I'm happy for there to be relatively real-time updates on the standings that people can access, but of course I'll still be happy to do update write-ups weekly. I'm currently on a trip so only able to just catch up on this thread, but I'm interested in exploring the possibility of this in more depth.

Just caught up on the last few pages - wanted to note to RHD that I saw your comment about Bjerg's name, will correct it thanks!

There are some races this week as well!

Le Samyn
HODEG Álvaro José
MORGADO António
CAPIOT Amaury
MIHKELS Madis
WALLS Matthew

Trofeo Laigueglia
BUSATTO Francesco
AYUSO Juan (added)
CHRISTEN Jan (added)
RYAN Archie
PICCOLO Andrea (added)

Startlist still pretty incomplete.

Strade Bianche
MOSCON Gianni
DEL TORO Isaac
AYUSO Juan
CHRISTEN Jan (added)
ARENSMAN Thymen (added)
BERNAL Egan
SHEFFIELD Magnus
HIGUITA Sergio (added)
MARTÍNEZ Daniel Felipe
CARAPAZ Richard (added)
BUSATTO Francesco (added)
COLLEONI Kevin (added)

Startlist not complete either.

Grand Prix Criquielion
-
Okay-ish.

Maybe had a little bit of higher hopes for SB, but all-in-all another decent week. Points keep coming in.

Could be a big week coming up, with many points up for grabs in these races.

Paris-Nice
MOSCON Gianni
BERNAL Egan
TARLING Joshua
TURNER Ben
PLAPP Luke
WRIGHT Fred
PICCOLO Andrea
LEEMREIZE Gijs
MIHKELS Madis

Tirreno-Adriatico
SHEFFIELD Magnus
ARENSMAN Thymen
GIRMAY Biniam
AYUSO Juan
DEL TORO Isaac
TIBERI Antonio
CARAPAZ Richard
MARTÍNEZ Daniel Felipe
CAPIOT Amaury
POOLE Max (added)

Last edited:
Website (https://www.savius.at/CQGame/cqgame.php) didn't update the scores yesterday, made a stupid mistake when I cleaned up the code when putting it online. Proactively commented out a crucial part...

Anyway, fixed now and at least saw that Pogacar's points were updated. Go Googleplex and Amethyst! First race and he got 220 points. Roughly 6% of points he had last year. Now whenever update data is clicked it will update or tell you it was already updated. Will not play around with site for now, when there is more than a weeks data I will check to add something on weekly movers etc.

For instance Googolplex shows his jump in ranks due to Pogacar (can be prettier though!)
JPGraphTest.php

Year after year i have way more riders at T-A than at P-N, this time it's 13 to 6. I don't even know why. We generally pick underachievers from last year. Is this a tendency that more succesfull riders ride P-N and underachievers T-A or just a coincidence?
You might be right as P-N always seem to be a bit of a non-event for my teams. Have seven riders there, but only anticipating GC points from Plapp.

T-A (in contrast)
Ayuso
Carapaz
Martinez
Arensman
Poole
Vauquelin
Oldani
Tronchon
Capiot

Mostly hoping Poole and Vauquelin can top 10 as rarer riders and where they are in the season. The rest are quite popular and should be fine as picks.

Really beginning to miss Johannessen now.

Reactions: repre