• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cat Thread

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
funny-pictures-cat-starts-fire.jpg

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Such a serious look...

Awesome photos...is a while since I looked in. Loved the cat waltzing up the stairs so cool!...after viewing this I looked at the You Tube...cute cat (playing fetch and acting like a dog).

Ta so much all.:)

We have 2 cats. One is a 2-year old (Koekie) we just have since 2,5 weeks. The other is 10 years old (Pleuntje) and we've had her since she was 1..

Before cookie we had Poes-Poes, who we had to let to sleep in at age 15 because of a tumor :(
77871_473732515757_4429260_o.jpg

This is Pleuntje (10 years old)
155926_474423515757_5399778_n.jpg

And this is our new cat, Koekie (2 years old)
601407_10150923149290758_1890600658_n.jpg

He is really cute and always wants to cuddle and lie down. Pleuntje doesn't like him though, she keeps him at a distance and is afraid most of the time. But hopefully they'll get used to eachother soon...

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
We have 2 cats. One is a 2-year old (Koekie) we just have since 2,5 weeks. The other is 10 years old (Pleuntje) and we've had her since she was 1..

He is really cute and always wants to cuddle and lie down. Pleuntje doesn't like him though, she keeps him at a distance and is afraid most of the time. But hopefully they'll get used to eachother soon...

Both are cute... hope adjustment occurs with minimal fuss in very short order.

Yeah we have a lot of experience with previous cats, one takes longer to adjust to a new cat then another

It doesn't help that Pleuntje was always a very timid cat. They tend to get really stressfull with changes. So I kinda expected it. But we try our best to get her to get used to the new situation. It will just take a lot of time and effort with her :)

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Herbal remedy

I used "Rescue remedy" (recommended by vet) for my stressed out siblings (cats) that really objected to travel by car.

Maybe something similar may ease the transition for Pleuntje??

JA.Tri said:
Such a serious look...

I like the attitude... One mm closer and I'll claw yer face off.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
This is Pleuntje (10 years old)

My guess is Pleuntje is a girl?

JA.Tri said:
I used "Rescue remedy" (recommended by vet) for my stressed out siblings (cats) that really objected to travel by car.

I'd never use the remedy. Far more entertaining watching our stressed out cat riding in the car with us to the vet pee all over my wife's shoulder. Like, nice kitty, sure, you can sit down there. :D

good luck with the adjustment DT.
We are going through the same thing...adopted a new 10yr old female from the shelter and we have a 10yr old sweet female that we have had from 6 months...she is quite timid and the new cat is really aggressive toward her. :(

We basically keep them separated in the house but the timid one likes to be out in the daytime...we put the new kitty in a bedroom at night.
It's been 10 months now and they seem to tolerate the sight of each other but can't put them near each other in the same room....

I just got some 'calming spray' and put on the kitties bed and sprayed on her collar. It's seeming to help but it looks a long road to bliss....

patience I guess. good luck :)

Our Family took our cats to the vet today to get their yearly check-up. On the way there our female tortoiseshell p***, so that meant she got the vets floor dirty, our ( her ) cage dirty and her wet after we bathed her, for which we have got her angry looks at/ shying away from us.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
:D
This is for the OP kittie:

Hehehe. But, lest you think I dislike kitties, be not afraid, for we have spent many years hosting those alien beings in our living quarters. We have also spent many years trapping, spaying (or neutering) and releasing feral kitties. I am now living in Massachusetts. We do not have many feral kitties here. We used to live in central CA, where they had assumed the status of native critter.

I once worked in Russia for a year - and I met a villager on the street one day. This villager had one dog, a family of cats, and several goats at their house. They questioned me about my life in the US. "How many dogs do you have?" I answered, "2". "How many cats do you have?" I answered, "usually 2, also." The response? "Ah, you are definitely a capitalist."

If you don't get the humor, don't worry - it is a true story, not a joke. I just think it was funny, in an ironic sort of way!

TRENDING THREADS