• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The deer, parrot, or any other animal, thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Tricycle Rider said:
RedheadDane said:
Looks pretty squirrely to me.

And I don't think a squirrel-bunny hybrid is actually biologically possible.
I wasn't really suggesting a bunny could breed with a squirrel biologically, I merely said the picture looked like a bunny with a squirrel tail. Apologies if I wasn't being clear enough, as we all know this can happen very easily over the interwebs.

Probably a good thing squirrels and bunnies can't interbreed. Coz that would be too cute!

Re: Fancy 2-tone squirrel

JayKosta said:
We've got a 2-tone squirrel in our area
Are you a-livin' in a ghost town?

That's Madness! Or at least one of the specials. I guess it is caught up in the rat race. It won't be a major news story on my radio, more of a three minute hero.

I've got a message for you, Rudy: perhaps it can't stand up for falling down, or maybe it had too much too young.

I don't want you to feel too much pressure, but on the other hand don't do nothing.

If you decide to name it after a South African president, please don't keep it as a pet, or you will face calls to free Nelson Mandela.

Re:

JayKosta said:
Don't let him give you a 'line' about getting kissed !

Maybe just mention to him about his large and tasty looking legs ...

Jay
Well, here he is again, staring at me... he makes the funniest sound when he's out of the water and you walk up on him, he'll go "baah!", and then ploop, back into the water he jumps.

He seems to reside in the pond year-round, so that is why I haven't been able to clean it. I don't want to disturb his residence.

froggie1528381136.jpg

That was a 'rigged' decision today. I am by no means a horse race expert*, but I have seen way worse (especially on a sloppy track). Plus, the horse that was 'impeded' didn't win even after the relegation. The horse who was DQed was by far the best horse too. Somebody made a big payday.

*I've probably been to 20-25 horse races in my life (several at Churchill Downs...I was stationed at Ft. Knox KY just down the road), but I have watched the triple crown for 30ish years. At lesser events its often like bumper cars, or bumper horses I guess.

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci_ychn7ga0

EDIT 2: One of the NBC experts said that it was the right call because "it nearly caused a disastrous situation". Nearly?! I hope that other sports don't use that standard: "nearly pass interference...", "nearly a foul..." "nearly icing...", "nearly a home run...".

Really humble, polite and very well mannered. You could barely notice it's there.
We came to an agreement to repatriate it to jardiniere in no time.
On our farewell I advised it to keep away from women, beware of sparrows, pigeons, even magpies and crows (obviously knows its ways through the bat land).
But I think women will come to its head, anyway.

Yes, we're talking about the resemblance... literally.