• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

the face/person behind the member

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Cute couple you are Pricey & girlfriend... All the best for ya...

Afrank, god you are young. Now I know why you once banned me. ;) Great pics btw. All the best for you too...

Afrank said:
I've lived in Eugene since I was about 6. :)

I don't know if I would call Eugene flat, its got a nice mix of almost everything. Doesn't have really long and big climbs like places like Bend have, but surrounding areas/roads like Wolf Creek, McGowan, Grimes, etc. offer some good climbs.

Totally agree on the sporting culture of the area, luckily I do like Track and Field. I can't stand football though, couldn't care less about the college team (even though I'm a student at the college :eek:). Eugene does have a very good cycling community though and OBRA is a good organization.

Tricycle Rider, do you ever come out to the Tuesday night crits?
Hi ya neighbor, small world this is! :)

I didn't know about the crits here in town, I tried to look up some riding clubs, and being I'm new to cycling (got my first bike in over 30 years only a couple of years ago) they all sounded so intimidating. So I just ride on my own (or with my elderly dad) on the bike trails around here.

Do you have a link for the Tuesday night crits? I might want to go and check things out just as a spectator.

PS - I'm a UofW Husky, but that doesn't mean we can't be friends, right? :)

BigMac said:
That said, any of you will be watching the Cascade Cycling Classic live?
Can't actually be there physically, unfortunately - work and some such other stuff gets in the way. And it won't be on TV either, I can't even watch le Tour right seeing as the neighbor I'm currently house-sitting for doesn't have cable.

(I'm relying on you fine folk in the PRR section to keep me posted in the live Tour stages threads, your commentaries really crack me up sometimes! )

Tricycle Rider said:
BigMac said:
That said, any of you will be watching the Cascade Cycling Classic live?
Can't actually be there physically, unfortunately - work and some such other stuff gets in the way. And it won't be on TV either, I can't even watch le Tour right seeing as the neighbor I'm currently house-sitting for doesn't have cable.

(I'm relying on you fine folk in the PRR section to keep me posted in the live Tour stages threads, your commentaries really crack me up sometimes! )

Oh no! If you have access to internet you can watch the tour online here.

http://www.steephill.tv/tour-de-france/

Towards the bottom of the page there are live stream links.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Tricycle Rider said:
Afrank said:
I've lived in Eugene since I was about 6.

I don't know if I would call Eugene flat, its got a nice mix of almost everything. Doesn't have really long and big climbs like places like Bend have, but surrounding areas/roads like Wolf Creek, McGowan, Grimes, etc. offer some good climbs.

Totally agree on the sporting culture of the area, luckily I do like Track and Field. I can't stand football though, couldn't care less about the college team (even though I'm a student at the college ). Eugene does have a very good cycling community though and OBRA is a good organization.

I didn't know about the crits here in town, I tried to look up some riding clubs, and being I'm new to cycling (got my first bike in over 30 years only a couple of years ago) they all sounded so intimidating. So I just ride on my own (or with my elderly dad) on the bike trails around here.

Do you have a link for the Tuesday night crits? I might want to go and check things out just as a spectator.

Your a Husky? I don't want to know you anymore... :p I was actually born in Seattle.

Info on the crits- http://www.obra.org/flyers/2015/hutchs_crit_2015.pdf
Info on all other racing in Oregon- http://obra.org/ (that's my photo currently on the front page btw :D).

If you come to next weeks crit, look for me. I'll be the one with the camera and green argyle jersey. :)

Afrank said:
Tricycle Rider said:
Afrank said:
I've lived in Eugene since I was about 6.

Totally agree on the sporting culture of the area, luckily I do like Track and Field. I can't stand football though, couldn't care less about the college team (even though I'm a student at the college ). Eugene does have a very good cycling community though and OBRA is a good organization.

Your a Husky? I don't want to know you anymore... :p I was actually born in Seattle.

Info on the crits- http://www.obra.org/flyers/2015/hutchs_crit_2015.pdf
Info on all other racing in Oregon- http://obra.org/ (that's my photo currently on the front page btw :D).

If you come to next weeks crit, look for me. I'll be the one with the camera and green argyle jersey. :)
Cool pics, Afrank.

I may just show up at the next crit, and if I do I'll end up looking something like this. (Sans my dad, though at his age he is still the better/more ambitious athlete than I will ever be. So maybe I should drag him along as well.)

004-8.jpg

Re:

King Boonen said:
I'm a bit leaner than that now and yes, all within the code, that's as far as I'll go ;)

BigMac, if you know the bike behind me you'll see I'm also keeping good company with other steel riders (it's a Pinarello Treviso, Columbus but I'll let him off!).
Nice Pic! :)
thanks for posting KB

I also have an old Pinarello Treviso gray steel hanging in the shed. I'll never get rid of her...

Re:

Tricycle Rider said:
Right, nobody asked, but I'll do it anyway...

I just took this pic with my bike today... never mind my tired old arse, but could my bike almost pass for a Bianchi Celeste?

(It's actually a lady's Diamondback, but I've worked so hard to make it look like a Celeste.)

Odell%20lake.jpg

Cool photo. My dream bike (well, one of them...) would be an old Bianchi Pista Celeste like Coppi rode.

Re: Re:

mewmewmew13 said:
King Boonen said:
I'm a bit leaner than that now and yes, all within the code, that's as far as I'll go ;)

BigMac, if you know the bike behind me you'll see I'm also keeping good company with other steel riders (it's a Pinarello Treviso, Columbus but I'll let him off!).
Nice Pic! :)
thanks for posting KB

I also have an old Pinarello Treviso gray steel hanging in the shed. I'll never get rid of her...

Guy I ride with has 2!! And a Colnago Master Lampre team issue, and a titanium Colnago, and a couple of track bikes... I'll stop there. It's not a huge collection but he's got some very nice rides.

TRENDING THREADS