• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

the face/person behind the member

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

King Boonen said:
Cool photo. My dream bike (well, one of them...) would be an old Bianchi Pista Celeste like Coppi rode.
Thank you, BK, likewise. (Also thanks, BigMac, for your comment.:))

Not sure if this is the specific model/year that Coppi rode, but I'd just about soil myself with glee if I saw one of these on the road. (I soil myself at the sight of any Celeste anyway [well, except for maybe that yellow & Celeste 90's fashion disaster Pantani rode], but this one is especially dreamy.)

pista2.jpg

Tricycle Rider said:
King Boonen said:
Cool photo. My dream bike (well, one of them...) would be an old Bianchi Pista Celeste like Coppi rode.
Thank you, BK, likewise. (Also thanks, BigMac, for your comment.:))

Not sure if this is the specific model/year that Coppi rode, but I'd just about soil myself with glee if I saw one of these on the road. (I soil myself at the sight of any Celeste anyway [well, except for maybe that yellow & Celeste 90's fashion disaster Pantani rode], but this one is especially dreamy.)

pista2.jpg

I'd just be screaming "TAKE MY MONEY!!!" :D

I quite liked the yellow-celeste bikes. Not the colour but because that's really about when I was seriously getting into cycling.

No full beards, no moustaches. Goatees are permitted only if your name starts with “Marco” and ends with “Pantani”, or if your head is intentionally or unintentionally bald. One may never shave on the morning of an important race, as it saps your virility, and you need that to kick ass.

I just finished 133 out of 886 finishers in my distance in a sportive... On a fixed wheel. And it certainly was not a course for a fixed wheel, nearly 2000m climbing and basically up or down, no flat. Hopefully that means I'm given a bit of leeway on the rules, but if not I'm still wearing that jersey! :D

I thought I'd better adhere to at least one rule! Was too slow for distance... I'm claiming full adherence to rule 5 though for riding it fixed.

Tricycle Rider, wool has a surprisingly wide temperature range, quoted at 10-27 Celsius for that jersey single layered. I've never ridden in temperatures that high but it is certainly fine in the low 20's.

maximum respect

please take note and avoid the rainbow turd

Wearing full matching white rainbow jersey with white rainbow bibs, and then being crapped out of the back of the bunch when the road goes uphill, as Mario Cipollini did in the 2002 Giro d’Italia.

Re:

JackRabbitSlims said:
maximum respect

please take note and avoid the rainbow turd

Wearing full matching white rainbow jersey with white rainbow bibs, and then being crapped out of the back of the bunch when the road goes uphill, as Mario Cipollini did in the 2002 Giro d’Italia.

Don't worry! Modern team kits, competition jerseys and any WC jersey will never grace my wardrobe. The French jersey I see more as a tribute to both the nation that started my love for cycling and the greatest rider of all time, Bernard Hinault. I've avoided a modern version for these very reasons ;)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

JackRabbitSlims said:
King Boonen said:
So... Champions jerseys are fine when they're wool and classic right?!

image_zpsxq2lhcqk.jpg

Wrong!!

Championship and race leader jerseys must only be worn if you’ve won the championship or led the race.

you know "the rules"

No full beards, no moustaches. Goatees are permitted only if your name starts with “Marco” and ends with “Pantani”, or if your head is intentionally or unintentionally bald. One may never shave on the morning of an important race, as it saps your virility, and you need that to kick ass.

King Boonens is clearly a rebel. He lives by his own rules. :cool: :p

the greatest rider of all time, Bernard Hinault.

your handle would suggest an affection for tom blownen

the lover of white line fever and girls of a questionable age

goat.....theres this guy called eddy who might pip the badger

always imho ofc

opinions are like @rseholes right

Re:

King Boonen said:
Tricycle Rider, wool has a surprisingly wide temperature range, quoted at 10-27 Celsius for that jersey single layered. I've never ridden in temperatures that high but it is certainly fine in the low 20's.
I think it's a nice jersey, but is it a pain to take care of in terms of laundering? (I'm thinking of my grandma's old, knitted wool sweaters - you had to hand wash them and then lay them out on a towel and shape them to air-dry, about a week later they would actually be dry. Heh.)

Hats off to what sounds like a hell of a workout on a fixie, nonetheless. :cool:

Tricycle Rider said:
King Boonen said:
I think it's a nice jersey, but is it a pain to take care of in terms of laundering? (I'm thinking of my grandma's old, knitted wool sweaters - you had to hand wash them and then lay them out on a towel and shape them to air-dry, about a week later they would actually be dry. Heh.)

Hats off to what sounds like a hell of a workout on a fixie, nonetheless. :cool:

Haven't washed it yet but I have washed other wool jerseys on a delicate cold wash and they have come out ok so I think it should be fine. I went for a a more relaxed fit so at worst it'll turn it into a race fit jersey...

Cheers, was great fun!

King Boonen said:
Tricycle Rider said:
King Boonen said:

Haven't washed it yet but I have washed other wool jerseys on a delicate cold wash and they have come out ok so I think it should be fine. I went for a a more relaxed fit so at worst it'll turn it into a race fit jersey...

Cheers, was great fun!
Surely that would itch? I've never had a true wool jersey, here in Aus there would be about 6-8 weeks at most where you could wear it :D

42x16ss said:
King Boonen said:
Tricycle Rider said:
King Boonen said:

Cheers, was great fun!
Surely that would itch? I've never had a true wool jersey, here in Aus there would be about 6-8 weeks at most where you could wear it :D

Surprisingly not and wool usually does irritate me. You can get merino wool baselayers cheap, I highly recommend you try at least one. I was sat in 23 degrees Celsius with no wind yesterday and it felt fine. I'd say I'd have the baselayer off you if you didn't like it and we were the same size so you can try one, postage might be a bit much though...

kind of sad that so many pictures here are gone. I am quite interested how many people in the forum here look like and its kind of frustrating when these people post a pic here but I can't watch it.
Also while reading through this thread I noticed some things:
-50% of the posts here are just there to boast with the posters gf :D
-Big Mac and Netserk are way younger than I expected
-I am probably the only person in this forum who doesnt cycle a lot.

King Boonen said:
You can get merino wool baselayers cheap, I highly recommend you try at least one.
I have a merino wool shirt from my X-country skiing days, it is surprisingly comfy and easy to take care of. I now wear it for cycling when it gets a bit cooler out... I actually wear a lot of my old X-country ski clothes for cycling in the winter, didn't think they'd come in so handy now.

Tricycle Rider said:
Gigs_98 said:
-I am probably the only person in this forum who doesnt cycle a lot.
Hon, you're in the cafe right now, so any chitter-chatter goes as far as I know, anyway. So just chitter-chatter away. :)

Do you have a recent picture of you you could post, btw.?
I have hardly any pictures which only show me and I am not the biggest fan of selfies :D
But I can search if I find a good one.

TRENDING THREADS