• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

the face/person behind the member

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hey guys!

It's Christmas!

IMG_1601.jpg

Yeah... I count Christmas from the first Sunday in Advent!

daveinzambia said:
Not sure if everyone is young or they are just the ones that can / are willing to post images of themselves on the internet

Theres more young people on the Pro Racing section.

From experience (of people giving their age/ claiming to be too young to remember an incident/ saying that they werent born when some guy did something), I would make a few guesses.
On the Pro Racing section, thats the one I visit by far the most I know that a significant number of posters there are under 30.

Even though its a large number, and generally of top posters, rather than one off ones. it is still small compared to the overall forum membership. But I estimate that at least 60% of posters in this section are under 30, thats of posters, not lurkers.

The other threads, which i visit rarely and for short periods of time, my estimate on these threads and subforums should be even less accurate as im basing it on the names I see posting, and the suspicions (strong usually) I have as to their ages

In the clinic, maybe more back when it was the Lance Armstrong subforum, it would be more like 80% over 30, maybe even 60% over 40. Today more even, but still less youngsters than in the Pro Racing section.

This extends to the fitness, gear, and possibly MTB subforums, and also some Cafe threads such as the Politics one.

I should add that I have a photographicish memory, so I do remember poster's ages, even if they have thousands of posts and said it once 2 years ago, so its not entirely random guesses, but they could be well off.

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Theres more young people on the Pro Racing section.

From experience (of people giving their age/ claiming to be too young to remember an incident/ saying that they werent born when some guy did something), I would make a few guesses.
On the Pro Racing section, thats the one I visit by far the most I know that a significant number of posters there are under 30.

Even though its a large number, and generally of top posters, rather than one off ones. it is still small compared to the overall forum membership. But I estimate that at least 60% of posters in this section are under 30, thats of posters, not lurkers.

The other threads, which i visit rarely and for short periods of time, my estimate on these threads and subforums should be even less accurate as im basing it on the names I see posting, and the suspicions (strong usually) I have as to their ages

In the clinic, maybe more back when it was the Lance Armstrong subforum, it would be more like 80% over 30, maybe even 60% over 40. Today more even, but still less youngsters than in the Pro Racing section.

This extends to the fitness, gear, and possibly MTB subforums, and also some Cafe threads such as the Politics one.

I should add that I have a photographicish memory, so I do remember poster's ages, even if they have thousands of posts and said it once 2 years ago, so its not entirely random guesses, but they could be well off.

think i spend a fair amount of time reading the racing forums and no idea how old people were and as a result think I have been surprised by peoples ages on this thread.

for some reason i had pictured both yourself and Havetts as being older than you appear. But then again I have a terrible memory and will have forgotten how old every one is by next week.

mewmewmew13 said:
Hey guys I can't see my pic here unless I am logged on...and I can't seem to permanently stay logged on.

What am I doing wrong...??? I'm thinking I should be using some image uploader instead of the BB code on cn usercp :confused:

mew, thats strange coz i am permanently logged but frm my desktop and phone.

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
Hey guys I can't see my pic here unless I am logged on...and I can't seem to permanently stay logged on.

What am I doing wrong...??? I'm thinking I should be using some image uploader instead of the BB code on cn usercp :confused:

hey, i can see you when i'm logged in :)

belonging to the people too old/stupid to upload pics,
i didn't understand the FAQ version at all.
but i got some old style memory skills and knew there was an instruction in the cat thread..
the first didn't work for me, so i used YOURS (pics->album, then copy lower code), and posted pictures twice.
now searched for them, unlogged: one is viewable, one not.

completely confused, and asking for a proper and EASY method..

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
fedaia said:

but i got some old style memory skills and knew there was an instruction in the cat thread..
the first didn't work for me, so i used YOURS (pics->album, then copy lower code), and posted pictures twice.

First, upload the photo through a hosting site like photobucket, tinypic or picasa. Copy the URL of the uploaded image. Now, when in the forum and posting a reply, there is a small icon of a landscape. Click that and in the pop up, type in the image URL and post away. The image will be hosted.

fedaia said:

I believe using a photo uploading site, as Imageshack, is the way to go. It has to be more straighforward than doing the clunky uploading to cn albums then copying url or BB.
I use Picasa for other stuff so am going to experiment with that...otherwise will try a diff photo site.

yeah, the old brain thing...:D
I keep teaching myself new tricks but they just take longer.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
mewmewmew13 said:
I believe using a photo uploading site, as Imageshack, is the way to go. It has to be more straighforward than doing the clunky uploading to cn albums then copying url or BB.
I use Picasa for other stuff so am going to experiment with that...otherwise will try a diff photo site.

yeah, the old brain thing...:D
I keep teaching myself new tricks but they just take longer.

I use picasa for most of my pics

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:

Welcome to ngnix mew!
Try to call that josnor dude aka system CN admin, I am sure that he can help you out, at least:D

TRENDING THREADS