• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Gianni Moscon Bandwagon Jumping Thread

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Roku said:
Why do you rate so low Moscon on a flat sprint? Of course he is not Alaphilippe or the kind of guy who will surely win from a reduced sprint, but he is no Pozzovivo.
Because after Roubaix last year when they asked to him why he tried to surprise the other before the sprint instead of trying to outsprint them he answered that he has no chance in a flat sprint.
Maybe he can win against someone like Landa or Nibali but in the classics almost all top contenders are pretty fast either in cobbled classics and Ardennes.
Looking at his results he need an uphill finish like in the Burgos and Vuelta stages last year where he finished in both second to be able to contest with faster riders.

Re: Re:

DNP-Old said:
Breh said:
How is the Reichenbach case evolving?
I have no idea, but seeing how Reichenbach descents, it has become much more likely that Moscon's story holds some truth. Reichenbach is an awful bike handler, that much we know now.
My guess is Moscon descended dangerously maybe even slightly rammed Reichenbach but never with the intent of making him crash but rather to "demonstrate power" to a guy he doesn't like. But because Reichenbach is such a bad descender it ended in a crash. You know, I don't think any rider is stupid enough to really deliberately endanger someone's life, but at the same time I also doubt Reichenbach made these big accusations without something happening.

DNP-Old said:
Breh said:
How is the Reichenbach case evolving?
I have no idea, but seeing how Reichenbach descents, it has become much more likely that Moscon's story holds some truth. Reichenbach is an awful bike handler, that much we know now.

So he would risk his own credibility and reputation by falsely accusing someone of intentionally making him crash? Moscon just happened to be in the general vicinity and I'm guessing that Reichenbach must have felt some physical contact, or was ridden off of the road at some point prior to his crash for him to make the accusation. What is more likely is that based on Moscon's reputation that he purposely bumped or rode in a way that caused the crash out of retribution. Has Reichenbach been inclined to crash on descents prior to this incident in order for you to form this opinion? Descending, as Dumoulin describes Reichenbach, "like someone's grandma" would seem to make him less likely to crash than being one who takes multiple risks to gain time.

Valv.Piti said:
EroicaStradeBianche said:
I expect Moscon to be good at dauphiné. Maybe he'll do very well already in the prologue
Yep, he has been underwhelming this year. Same with Kwito. Wouldn't be surprised if those guys are just smashing it from now on and the Tour along with G Thomas, thats some scary versatility.
Last winter probably there was something wrong in his training (maybe due to his crash on December), I remember an interview after Gent where he said he was 3kgs heavier tha last fall.
Or maybe there was also some other problems (his case?), the fact that he quit his spring after Roubaix not riding Flèche, Liege and Romandie that were planned could be an hint.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts